Which Voice do you Hear and Follow?

Arch Stanton

But, Jesus said that is just the opposite of how a believer will be when empowered by the Spirit.

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound,
but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” John 3:8

When a believer matures in his learning and knowing the Word of God, God at that point will trust his son to operate in grace like an eagle releasing its young to fly.

The Spirit is the leading wind beneath our wings of understood Scriptural knowledge. For the land-locked religious ones, they will not understand how it can be. But, they will know that they are hearing something they never were shown before. They will say to themselves... "I know what he is saying. But, where is this guy coming from, and where is he going with it?"

You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.

Only the doctrinally educated and mature spiritual believer will know another of the same kind. The religious man remains like a lump on a log ... The religious one hears the spiritual one's words. But he can not figure out where this guy is coming from. Or, where he is going with what he says. Just like the religious Jews could not comprehend Jesus and tripped over taking him literally too often.

When Jesus told the crowd that they must eat his flesh and drink his blood? They were dull from religion. They took him literally. As a result, many took off after they realized Jesus is coming from another place and followed Him no more. (John 6:66)

I told you something. But, could you follow me?

No second chances once its over.... Now is the time of a million chances. There is much to learn. It will take the rest of your life till you breathe your last.

grace and peace ..........
Were the early Christians aware of this? Do we not need the Church to guide us into truth?

Blessings!

Arch Stanton

Yes I agree, Catholics as all denominations do try and follow their laws to govern their gods, but we who has received from God His Spirit as Jesus where He opens all of His heaven to us, we no longer try but actually live His way, His truth and His life for He is in us and we are in Him as one, same mind, same walk as He walks in His same light. He in us and we in Him are one just as Jesus was one in him
Amen! Jn 6:56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Gary Mac

Were the early Christians aware of this? Do we not need the Church to guide us into truth?

Blessings!
We who are Gods church get our information straight from God Himself. If you are refering to denominations as His church they are not they all make up their own rules for beliefs about their gods. None of these can agree in their beliefs at all.

A Christian is Christ like and has the same from God Jesus had from Him, anointed of God. We walk as He walks in His same light, perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect. And Jesus said that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for myself and He will give it you, he was spot on. These deemed as churches are only enterprises to promote an agenda. Been to most of these denominate groups myself. WHich one has the truth? Catholic, Mormons, Baptists, COCs, AOGs, Muslims you name it. They all say they have the truth.

Arch Stanton

We who are Gods church get our information straight from God Himself. If you are refering to denominations as His church they are not they all make up their own rules for beliefs about their gods. None of these can agree in their beliefs at all.

A Christian is Christ like and has the same from God Jesus had from Him, anointed of God. We walk as He walks in His same light, perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect. And Jesus said that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for myself and He will give it you, he was spot on. These deemed as churches are only enterprises to promote an agenda. Been to most of these denominate groups myself. WHich one has the truth? Catholic, Mormons, Baptists, COCs, AOGs, Muslims you name it. They all say they have the truth.
That is the key.... who has the truth? Was there a Church that Christ set up that would be protected by the Holy Spirit? I believe so....

Eph 3:10 so that the manifold WISDOM of God might now be made known THROUGH the CHURCH to the principalities and authorities in the heavens.

Arch Stanton

And does that Spirit not lead you and reveal to you the depths of God?
yes... but I also obey His physical Church

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Our Lord's God

yes... but I also obey His physical Church

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you

So the JWs should obey Brooklyn, you should obey Rome, etc.

How about the false prophets Jesus warned about? Should their flock obey them?

Arch Stanton

So the JWs should obey Brooklyn, you should obey Rome, etc.

How about the false prophets Jesus warned about? Should their flock obey them?
Not at all.... they should seek Christ through His Church. I asked a poster earlier, not sure if it was you the following question. What would I do as an early Christian in the year 42AD?

Our Lord's God

Not at all.... they should seek Christ through His Church.

that's what all the false prophet flocks say.

I asked a poster earlier, not sure if it was you the following question. What would I do as an early Christian in the year 42AD?

In 42 AD, you would have Christians calling others to submit to the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ who comes to live within them.

Perhaps you should actually read the context of Hebrews 13:17.

Last edited:

Arch Stanton

No you can't. Any false prophet can say such a thing.

The only church is where the Spirit of God dwells. It isn't defined by men, as you are attempting, but by God.
It is true that any false prophet could, and does say the same thing.... but we can still trace that Church to the early Christians and see how they assembled.

civic

Jesus' sheep hear his voice and they follow him.

Who is your Shepherd? So which voice do you hear and follow?

Do you hear the voice of earthly men and follow them and their teachings?

Or, do you hear the voice of the Good Shepherd and follow him and the teachings of his God?
Since Jesus is the Great Shepherd of the sheep as per Psalm 23- He is the Lord YHWH. So I hear the voice of God- Jesus Christ our Great God and Savior . Titus 2:13. 2 Pete 1:1, John 20:28- He is our Lord, God, Savior, Shepherd.

hope this helps !!!

GeneZ

Blessings!
If you are getting truth? Yes... But?

If you are only getting tradition and stagnant dogma? NO! You will never be able to grow and mature in Christ.