White, Horn Sola Scriptura Debate

Sorry, but I not buying your faith alone doctrine.
It isn't MY "faith alone" doctrine, but the Bible's.

"For it is by grace you are saved; through faith--and that is NOT of yourselves; it is the gift of God--and NOT BY WORKS, so no one may boast."

"Your FAITH has saved you; go in peace." (Luke 7:50)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever BELIEVES IN HIM will not perish, but have everlasting life."

So--if we are saved by grace through faith and NOT BY WORKS--either works of the Law or works done in righteousness--what is there left to be saved by???

Show me where God says that we are saved by faith alone and not by works and I will believe it.
Somehow I doubt you would, but would find some excuse to keep believing your church's false doctrines about justification.

But--I just did. Paul says so in Ephesians 2:8-9.

So, I ask on here, IF we are saved by grace through faith and not by works--either works of the Law OR works done in righteousness--what is there left to be saved by?

Show me where God says that we are saved by faith alone and not by works and I will believe it.
I have Eph 2 clearly says and it is exact words:

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Not my words but God's.

I have asked you the same questions many times and you just divert and run away.

What else saves:

Faith and ?

It doesn't deny scripture if we look at the actual teachings of the Catholic Church.
Oh but it does deny scripture, we get your interpretation of the RC teachings. You do not answer simple questions.

Eph 2 NOT BY WORKS

You imply works are necessary and then do not have the courage of your onvictions to tell us exactly what else saves us other than faith.

FAITH + ? = salvation.

If you wanted to do as Jesus commanded then you would tell us faith + ? saves.

Yes it says not by works, but it doesn't say that we are saved by faith alone.
I am constantly askng FAITH +? is needed, you just say it is not faith alone. I have never said, if you were doing what Jesus commanded you would inform us of what else saves. You do not seem to know what else is needed and do not want to admit you were wrong.

Sorry, but you need to answer the question presented to you.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

The above verse explicitly declares that we are NOT saved as a result of works. God says "by grace you have been saved through faith". Period. So if not by faith alone, what besides faith does this verse say we are saved by???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back