Who are Jews?

I don't understand Americans, but they always like to go of topic, that is "Who are Jews" in the ancient context.

1. They are Canaanites
2. They are not Canaanites

If they are not Canaanite, why do they speak a Canaanite language i.e. Biblical Hebrew.

Is it a competition?
You asked what accomplishments, benefits, etc., Jews have added to society, and you've gotten several answers. What's wrong? You don't like the facts?

BTW, besides Lucky Charms cereal, what has Ireland contributed to the world?

When people are subjugated and under apartheid, they are unable to achieve anything.
Rotfl... the "Palestinians", Jordanian refugees, haven't been able to achieve much on their own for a while. Blaming Israel, when Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinians, Arabs, etc., have created the problem, should be the focus of your "righteous anger".

Look at the poo hole Palestinians they've made of the Gaza strip and the millions of dollars wasted on them. Get real!

Last edited:
I don't understand Americans, but they always like to go of topic, that is "Who are Jews" in the ancient context.
Descendants of Abraham and Sarah. Both from Ur, originally.

1. They are Canaanites
2. They are not Canaanites
See above.

If they are not Canaanite, why do they speak a Canaanite language i.e. Biblical Hebrew.
Well, given that most scientists agree that mankind, civilization, originated from one spot in the middle least somewhere, it isn't hard to grasp that there would be similarities between dialects of the region.

Jew
1. of Judea
2. of Judaism

1. Judea became Palestine, the Jews became Palestinians.
2. Eastern European Catholics converted to Judaism and became Jews

Jew
1. of Judea
2. of Judaism

1. Judea became Palestine, the Jews became Palestinians.
2. Eastern European Catholics converted to Judaism and became Jews
Jews were never Palestinians, regardless of the Romans or anyone else renaming the land.

Converts to Judaism have existed long before European Catholics. Starting from the revelation at Sinai. Being Jewish is more than ethnicity.

BTW, are you having problems using the "reply" button to address me?

Jews were never Palestinian? So no Jew lived in Palestine between 135 to 1948?

For example "Raphael Hayyim Isaac Carregal", a Palestinian Rabbi, never existed?
You must not comprehend what I said.

The land of Israel was never the kingdom of Palestine nor called that by Jews. That's the term levied on all by Romans, and other captors.

Maybe get a bowl of Lucky Charms and search for the elusive pot of gold.

If you can't address me personally, you'll be ignored.

What you mean by "kingdom of Palestine"? Palestine is mentioned in Herodotus who wrote before any of the Old Testament books were written.

Herodotus 1.105
Syria called Palestine

Herodotus 2.106
Palestine district of Syria

Herodotus 3.91
in this province was all Phoenicia, and the part of Syria called Palestine

Herodotus 4.39
Now from the Persian country to Phoenicia there is a wide and vast tract of land; and from Phoenicia this peninsula runs beside our sea by way of the Syrian Palestine and Egypt, which is at the end of it; in this peninsula there are just three nations

Herodotus. 7.89
These Phoenicians formerly dwelt, as they themselves say, by the Red Sea; they crossed from there and now inhabit the seacoast of Syria. This part of Syria as far as Egypt is all called Palestine.

What you mean by "kingdom of Palestine"? Palestine is mentioned in Herodotus who wrote before any of the Old Testament books were written.

Herodotus 1.105
Syria called Palestine

Herodotus 2.106
Palestine district of Syria

Herodotus 3.91
in this province was all Phoenicia, and the part of Syria called Palestine

Herodotus 4.39
Now from the Persian country to Phoenicia there is a wide and vast tract of land; and from Phoenicia this peninsula runs beside our sea by way of the Syrian Palestine and Egypt, which is at the end of it; in this peninsula there are just three nations

Herodotus. 7.89
These Phoenicians formerly dwelt, as they themselves say, by the Red Sea; they crossed from there and now inhabit the seacoast of Syria. This part of Syria as far as Egypt is all called Palestine.
You're not paying attention.

Jews have never referred to ourselves as the Kingdom of Palestinians, but the Kingdom of Israel, Judah, etc.

You're still using gentile ideas to describe Jews. We don't use your ideas.

He's using what the Greeks called the area. He's blind to the fact the Israel had their kingdoms before Herodotus wrote his accounts.

The Assyrians also used the term Palestine.

Nimrud Slab (circa 800 BCE)
from the bank of the Euphrates, the land of Hatti, the land of Amurru in its entirety, the land of Tyre, the land of Sidon, the land of Humri, the land of Edom, the land of Palastu, as far as the great sea of the setting sun. I imposed tax and tribute on them

Peleset are also mentioned in 11th century BCE Ancient Egyptian inscriptions.

from the bank of the Euphrates, the land of Hatti, the land of Amurru in its entirety, the land of Tyre, the land of Sidon, the land of Humri, the land of Edom, the land of Palastu, as far as the great sea of the setting sun. I imposed tax and tribute on them

Sure, in reference to the area of Philistia.

Joshua 24:2
And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood (עבר הנהר) in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

Joshua 24:3
And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.

The King James is gibberish here, but עבר הנהר means Eber-Nar , which is the western banks of the Euphrates, a term established by the Neo Assyrian Empire.

Philistines did at one point in history invade the land and set up shop. We think they were part of the famous "Sea People" who invaded the Mediterranean at that time. They were not native to Canaan, nor did their kingdom last.

The Romans DID attempt to erase the existence of the Jewish nation of Judea by renaming the territory Palestine, after the Philistines. But it was a rather ridiculous move, given that there were no more Philistines in existence.j

And of course, the Philistines from back then have no relationship to the Arab Palestinians of today.

Joshua 24:2
And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood (עבר הנהר) in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

Joshua 24:3
And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.

The King James is gibberish here, but עבר הנהר means Eber-Nar , which is the western banks of the Euphrates, a term established by the Neo Assyrian Empire.
I'm not sure what translation you're using, but nahar is river. Mabul would be flood.

Genesis already established that Abraham came from a home where other gods were worshipped. But, he broke from that.

Back