Who Believes You Can Receive the Holy Spirit Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hark

I'd be very leary of being slain in the spirit or holy laughter.
I agree and have been led by the Lord to judge it as not of Him as God is not the author of confusion.

However, they see these events as also a filling of the "Holy Spirit" for why they invoke the Holy Spirit to come & fall on them in worship.

This is why clarity is needed for how we apply events in Acts & Ephesians 5:18 as not inferring that saved believers are receiving the Holy Spirit apart from that salvation moment in any shape, form, or fashion for it relates to apostasy.

We are filled as a testimony that we are saved for why we can never be seen as a leaky vessel needing an infilling of the holy Spirit.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

We are all suppose to speak the same thing & hold to the same judgment per 1 Corinthians 1:9-10 for why those who speak about receiving the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation ( no matter what they call it as another filling or another sanctification ) are speaking of having another drink of the One Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

So obviously, this requires His help in rightly dividing the word of truth since scripture cannot go against scripture.

Hark

Don't care. I tried to have a conversation with you and you chose to play the fool.

In accordance with Proverbs 26:4, I don't argue with fools.

You're dismissed.
Very well, brother. I will not be baited into attacking you for that is of the flesh.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

You have been corrected in Christ's love. Hope you will have a better day in the Lord.

Bob Carabbio

Matthew 10th chapter is a temporary indwelling of the Holy Spirit. So is John 20:22.
AND JUST WHEN YOU know IT CAN'T GET ANY MORE RIDICULOUS - IT does!!!

Jesus' words about Acts 2:4 were: "ENDUEMENT", not "indwelling". "Enduement" is an External Clothing with the Spirit who ALREADY INDWELLS at the punctiliar instant of being Born Again.

Hark

AND JUST WHEN YOU know IT CAN'T GET ANY MORE RIDICULOUS - IT does!!!

Jesus' words about Acts 2:4 were: "ENDUEMENT", not "indwelling". "Enduement" is an External Clothing with the Spirit who ALREADY INDWELLS at the punctiliar instant of being Born Again.
Jesus talked to His disciples that He was going away to the Father in Heaven. He said this in regards to when they will receive the permanent indwelling of the Holy Ghost. as you read, may He help you to notice the commandments in verse 15 is about how one receives this promise which is to believe in Jesus Christ.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

To confirm that this promise at our salvation was to come after He had ascended is repeated again for when He was no longer present with them.

John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So regardless of how you apply enduement to mean, it is the same thing as occurring at our salvation, even for His disciples at Pentecost when He was no longer present with them but had ascended to the Father in Heaven.

That means there is only one drink of the One Spirit that we all have been baptized by at our salvation.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

For a saved believer to testify of another drink or another baptism with the Holy Ghost is dividing himself from that testimony we all are supposed to share in holding the same judgement that there is no more receiving of the Holy Spirit again after salvation for we are filled/saved.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

The testimony & the judgment is that we are not leaky vessel so we can claim this verse below as God testifying to us that we are always filled with the Spirit and thus always saved as His.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Bob Carabbio

Jesus talked to His disciples that He was going away to the Father in Heaven. He said this in regards to when they will receive the permanent indwelling of the Holy Ghost. as you read, may He help you to notice the commandments in verse 15 is about how one receives this promise which is to believe in Jesus Christ.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

To confirm that this promise at our salvation was to come after He had ascended is repeated again for when He was no longer present with them.

John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So regardless of how you apply enduement to mean, it is the same thing as occurring at our salvation, even for His disciples at Pentecost when He was no longer present with them but had ascended to the Father in Heaven.

That means there is only one drink of the One Spirit that we all have been baptized by at our salvation.

For a saved believer to testify of another drink or another baptism with the Holy Ghost is dividing himself from that testimony we all are supposed to share in holding the same judgement that there is no more receiving of the Holy Spirit again after salvation for we are filled/saved.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

The testimony & the judgment is that we are not leaky vessel so we can claim this verse below as God testifying to us that we are always filled with the Spirit and thus always saved as His.

Rationalizations rejected. John 20:22 = The Holy Spirit IN the Disciples rendering them "Born Again". Acts 2:4 = The holy Spirit ON the Disciples who already had the Holy Spirit IN them.

Hark

Rationalizations rejected. John 20:22 = The Holy Spirit IN the Disciples rendering them "Born Again". Acts 2:4 = The holy Spirit ON the Disciples who already had the Holy Spirit IN them.
Brother; you should take heed to His words for when the promise of the permanent indwelling Holy Spirit would be sent from the Father in Jesus's name at our salvation and that was when Jesus was no longer resent with them..

If you examine Matthew 10th chapter, Judas Iscariot had also the temporary indwelling of the Holy Spirit and yet he was not a believer.

Matthew 10:1And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. 2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; 3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; 4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. 5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.....

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So the event in the upper room with the most of His disciples ( Thomas was not there ) was only a temporary indwelling or else what about Thomas? The reason for that temporary indwelling is because of the need to forgive others that had deserted Him. There were more than the remaining 12 disciples that were in that room when Pentecost had come. Read about how they had replaced Judas Iscariot in how many were in that room when that had happened.

Acts 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. 14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. 15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

So it was about 120 disciples in that day of Pentecost when that great noise drew attention of devout Jews from all nations in their neighborhood to their dwelling.

It was on the day of Pentecost was when His disciples were officially saved as that promise was sent to them from the Father in Jesus's name without water baptism in that moment too for that was when they had received Jesus Christ too.

They had received the promise the same as everyone else had done at our salvation.. by faith in Jesus Christ; not by sight.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.....26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

If you consider what Paul said about how we are all speaking the same thing & same judgment in maintaining fellowship...

1 Corinthians 12: 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

Then there is only one drink of the One Spirit by Whom we all have been baptized by and that has to apply to the disciples at Pentecost too.

We are not leaky vessels. We are a new creature for why we are always filled with the Holy Spirit for why we are not to grieve Him.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

You are complete in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

The new reality for believers..

Ephesians 1:
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Repeated again;

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Bob Carabbio

Brother; you should take heed to His words for when the promise of the permanent indwelling Holy Spirit would be sent from the Father in Jesus's name at our salvation and that was when Jesus was no longer resent with them..

If you examine Matthew 10th chapter, Judas Iscariot had also the temporary indwelling of the Holy Spirit and yet he was not a believer.

Matthew 10:1And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. 2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; 3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; 4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. 5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.....

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So the event in the upper room with the most of His disciples ( Thomas was not there ) was only a temporary indwelling or else what about Thomas? The reason for that temporary indwelling is because of the need to forgive others that had deserted Him. There were more than the remaining 12 disciples that were in that room when Pentecost had come. Read about how they had replaced Judas Iscariot in how many were in that room when that had happened.

Acts 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. 14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. 15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

So it was about 120 disciples in that day of Pentecost when that great noise drew attention of devout Jews from all nations in their neighborhood to their dwelling.

It was on the day of Pentecost was when His disciples were officially saved as that promise was sent to them from the Father in Jesus's name without water baptism in that moment too for that was when they had received Jesus Christ too.

They had received the promise the same as everyone else had done at our salvation.. by faith in Jesus Christ; not by sight.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.....26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

If you consider what Paul said about how we are all speaking the same thing & same judgment in maintaining fellowship...

1 Corinthians 12: 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

Then there is only one drink of the One Spirit by Whom we all have been baptized by and that has to apply to the disciples at Pentecost too.

We are not leaky vessels. We are a new creature for why we are always filled with the Holy Spirit for why we are not to grieve Him.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

You are complete in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

The new reality for believers..

Ephesians 1:
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Repeated again;

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Understood - interpretation rejected.

Hark

Understood - interpretation rejected.
Then when there is another drink of the One Spirit, then that divides the body of Christ for then we are not all speaking the same thing.

You should not allow experience to dictate how you apply the Bible when scripture opposes how you are applying your experience to mean into the Bible.

RiJoRi

The way I see it is that when we are saved, the Holy Spirit baptizes/comes into us. Then there are times when He becomes "more active", which some may see as a second infilling.
{I'm sorry, but I just don't have the technical vocabulary for this. :( }
He's always present, always working, but sometimes His working is more visible in our lives.

Hark

The way I see it is that when we are saved, the Holy Spirit baptizes/comes into us. Then there are times when He becomes "more active", which some may see as a second infilling.
You should prayerfully discern with Him in testing the spirits by the scripture to prove if they are of God or not.

The apostle John talks about testing the spirits & the tongues they bring in this way in 1 John 4:1-6 ; Jesus Christ is in you so if you feel a presence outside in the worship place or feel a spirit coming over you, then you will know that is not the Holy Spirit. Paul said the same thing in examination of our faith in regards to people preaching another spirit or another Jesus to receive.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Jesus testify to the difference in how the world will receive spirits; like a medium contacting the spirits of the dead again and again and again, but that is not how this will be with the Holy Spirit so that we can test the spirits as what is not the Holy Spirit but the spirit of the antichrist.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
{I'm sorry, but I just don't have the technical vocabulary for this. :( }
He's always present, always working, but sometimes His working is more visible in our lives.
You need to apply the truth in bold in the former part of your comment in order to see why there cannot be another infilling after all for that would mean He is not always present and thus not always working.

RiJoRi

First, let me say that I am an "ex-Pentecostal", "ex-" because I tested the spirit and fruit of Toronto and Pensacola, and found it lacking. I consider myself to be a "practical cessationist" in that while I disagree with the verses the cessationists use, the sign gifts DID come to a halt.

I do NOT believe in multiple infillings of the Holy Spirit, but I maintain that there are times when He is more active in our lives. For instance, on the day before I'm "brought before a king," the Holy Spirit is working quietly in me, sanctifying me, etc. But when I come before the "king," He is more active, giving me the words to say.

This is, obviously, from my POV. How God sees this is most likely quite different :)

Happy Easter,
--Rich

Hark

First, let me say that I am an "ex-Pentecostal", "ex-" because I tested the spirit and fruit of Toronto and Pensacola, and found it lacking. I consider myself to be a "practical cessationist" in that while I disagree with the verses the cessationists use, the sign gifts DID come to a halt.
I believe the gifts can still be in use in places where scripture is not available, but when the scripture are available, and everyone speaking the same language, then the purpose for tongues and interpretation would just wind up being manifested as prophesying as in edifying one another by the written scripture instead. There is no need for outreach in another language if all assembled speak the same language and the whole point of assembly is to edify one another. That is the purpose for the gifts to profit the body withal for why there were tongues with interpretation to edify foreigners as well in that same assembly.
I do NOT believe in multiple infillings of the Holy Spirit, but I maintain that there are times when He is more active in our lives. For instance, on the day before I'm "brought before a king," the Holy Spirit is working quietly in me, sanctifying me, etc. But when I come before the "king," He is more active, giving me the words to say.
The problem here is that if you say there is even one more infilling, then it would be hard for you to prove the others are not more infilling of the Holy Spirit. There can only be one infilling so that we all speak the same thing and not deviate from that testimony as if someone has another drink that the other did not have. God does not show partiality and He does not separate the body of Christ not even by one more infilling.

So that proves to each of us that even a second infilling is not of Him at all les we enter into that slippery slope and fall by another infilling.

I can accept what you meant but when you testify to the second infilling, I have to say.. please discern with Him on that matter because there is no second infilling so that we can test the spirits and say that was not the Holy Spirit the second time. We need to keep that faith in Jesus Christ.
This is, obviously, from my POV. How God sees this is most likely quite different :)

Happy Easter,
--Rich
I hope in Christ Jesus, that you may have a Happy Easter as well.

RiJoRi

I believe the gifts can still be in use in places where scripture is not available, but when the scripture are available, and everyone speaking the same language, then the purpose for tongues and interpretation would just wind up being manifested as prophesying as in edifying one another by the written scripture instead. There is no need for outreach in another language if all assembled speak the same language and the whole point of assembly is to edify one another. That is the purpose for the gifts to profit the body withal for why there were tongues with interpretation to edify foreigners as well in that same assembly.

The problem here is that if you say there is even one more infilling, then it would be hard for you to prove the others are not more infilling of the Holy Spirit. There can only be one infilling so that we all speak the same thing and not deviate from that testimony as if someone has another drink that the other did not have. God does not show partiality and He does not separate the body of Christ not even by one more infilling.

So that proves to each of us that even a second infilling is not of Him at all les we enter into that slippery slope and fall by another infilling.

I can accept what you meant but when you testify to the second infilling, I have to say.. please discern with Him on that matter because there is no second infilling so that we can test the spirits and say that was not the Holy Spirit the second time. We need to keep that faith in Jesus Christ.

I hope in Christ Jesus, that you may have a Happy Easter as well.
I think we are "in violent agreement!" :) I have said nothing about subsequent infillings; multiple out-workings, yes. (Is out-workings even a word?)

I'm sorry I don't have the words for this; we'll just have to let it be...

Hark

I think we are "in violent agreement!" :) I have said nothing about subsequent infillings; multiple out-workings, yes. (Is out-workings even a word?)

Post # 29 "The way I see it is that when we are saved, the Holy Spirit baptizes/comes into us. Then there are times when He becomes "more active", which some may see as a second infilling.

That is why I had thought you were validating one more infilling as if seen by others in that way, but was against multiple infillings after that.

If it is a misunderstanding on my part or a lack of clarity on yours, or both, God be willing, now would be the time for more clarity from you.
I'm sorry I don't have the words for this; we'll just have to let it be...
I understand how it can be difficult to explain our views in order to differentiate from other views that you acknowledge as error. but clarity, as in more words, are needed to define our position from the errors of others. If there is no second infilling phenomenon, or even in principle, for others to view it as a second infilling, then there is no second infilling, even by principle if that was what it was that you were alluding to.

RiJoRi

:( Sorry, Hark, but _I_ knew what I meant, so shouldn't everyone else? (being facetious here.)

OK, the way I see it is that there is one baptism (or filling) by the Holy Spirit when we are saved. Subsequently, there are times where the Spirit is more noticeably active in our lives, and this some see -- mistakenly -- as a second infilling.

Did I clarify the matter, or just muddy the waters more? ;)

--Rich

Hark

:( Sorry, Hark, but _I_ knew what I meant, so shouldn't everyone else? (being facetious here.)
Well, I thank the Lord for His patience & Christ's love in you to clarify anyway
OK, the way I see it is that there is one baptism (or filling) by the Holy Spirit when we are saved. Subsequently, there are times where the Spirit is more noticeably active in our lives, and this some see -- mistakenly -- as a second infilling.
Not sure how they can make a mistake like that since the Holy Spirit is active in our lives continuously in fulfilling His role as our Comforter, which has to be more than one occasions than just for only a second time. They would make the mistake for multiple infillings rather than just a second infilling, right? Words do matter.

The late David Wilkerson had wondered why the believers were coming to his service looking for the spectacular. David knew that holy laughter, and slain in the spirit were not of Him but even though he gave a good newsletter on the role of the Holy Spirit, he failed to applied them to one part of the service when he prayed for the Holy Spirit to come into the worship place to feel His Presence in the worship place. This is why those in error had come to his service because that is how they pray for the Holy Spirit to come & fall on them in seeking slain in the spirit & the holy laughter movement by.

A little leaven leavens a whole lump. So if the route David took to feel His Presence or he thinks it is His Presence in the worship place is the same route they took for how that which is not of God comes, then David has to discern as we do, that the route he took to feel His Presence in the worship place is evil as that which they feel outside of them in the worship place is not the real Holy Spirit but that spirit of the antichrist.
Did I clarify the matter, or just muddy the waters more? ;)

--Rich
You did clarify it as they were seeing it "mistakenly" as a second infilling, albeit, not sure why they would only see it as a second infilling.

At any rate, I am glad that you are not of the errant persuasion since He is in you and is within you always so you can tell the difference between the real Holy Spirit in you from that which is the spirit of the antichrist which is outside of us as in the world or in the worship place.(y)

RiJoRi

:) Dang! I KNEW I should have left in that "(or third, or fourth, or...)"
Being terse is going to be my downfall yet!

Thanks for your kind words,
--Rich

Bob Carabbio

The way I see it is that when we are saved, the Holy Spirit baptizes/comes into us.
Infills us yes. Baptizes us, NO. Infilling is INTERNAL, BAptism is EXTERNAL. John 20:22 = the Holy Spirit IN, and acts 2:4 is the Holy SPirit ON (which had been happening all through the OLD Testament.

Hark

Infills us yes. Baptizes us, NO. Infilling is INTERNAL, BAptism is EXTERNAL. John 20:22 = the Holy Spirit IN, and acts 2:4 is the Holy SPirit ON (which had been happening all through the OLD Testament.
The Holy Spirt in saints during the Old Testament is temporary because they had not received the remission of sins yet by believing in Jesus Christ.

That is how believers in Jesus Christ are saved since Pentecost where they had received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ. That is how they can speak the same thing and hold the same judgment per 1 Corinthians 1:9-10 and this saying too in 1 Corinthians 12:13as His disciples did.

Jesus testified that the born again of the Spirit was after His ascension which was after His crucifixion for when & how people are saved by believing in Him. John 3:13-18 No laying on of hands here nor water baptism either, but by believing in Him is how we are saved.

Jesus promised that when He went to the Father ( John 14:1-3 ), it was then the permanent indwelling Holy Spirit would be sent ( John 14:16-17 by believing in Him. ). Jesus repeated it again as signifying that promise while He was still with them that the Comforter will be sent when He was no longer with them as the Spirit will bring into remembrance all things He has said unto them after He has left. John 14:25-26

So making a big deal about the Holy Spirit IN & ON is not really a separate definition nor a different application in regards to when we are saved since Pentecost nor when the disciples were really saved which was at Pentecost.

Bob Carabbio

The Holy Spirt in saints during the Old Testament is temporary because they had not received the remission of sins yet by believing in Jesus Christ.

That is how believers in Jesus Christ are saved since Pentecost where they had received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ. That is how they can speak the same thing and hold the same judgment per 1 Corinthians 1:9-10 and this saying too in 1 Corinthians 12:13as His disciples did.

Jesus testified that the born again of the Spirit was after His ascension which was after His crucifixion for when & how people are saved by believing in Him. John 3:13-18 No laying on of hands here nor water baptism either, but by believing in Him is how we are saved.

Jesus promised that when He went to the Father ( John 14:1-3 ), it was then the permanent indwelling Holy Spirit would be sent ( John 14:16-17 by believing in Him. ). Jesus repeated it again as signifying that promise while He was still with them that the Comforter will be sent when He was no longer with them as the Spirit will bring into remembrance all things He has said unto them after He has left. John 14:25-26

So making a big deal about the Holy Spirit IN & ON is not really a separate definition nor a different application in regards to when we are saved since Pentecost nor when the disciples were really saved which was at Pentecost.
The Biblical language is all wrong for this conclusion. Jesus specifically said ENDUED. about Acts 2:4. And The disciples were "Saved" at John 20:22 since they RECEIVED the Holy Spirit at that point.

Pentehostiles and Cessationists like to teach that Acts 2:4 was when salvation happened, but that's inaccurate. When God BREATHES on you (John 20:22), there's an impartation - one of the effects of which are seen in Luke 24:45.

In fact being "Born again" IS receiving the INFILLING of the Spirit.

The "Enduement (clothing) of POWER" is a different issue entirely.

Now it's YOUR turn to try to sell the idea that what's called "THAT PERFECT" in 1 Cor 13:10 is "The Bible", in order for you to eliminate the "Gifts of the Spirit" in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.