Who can "live up to" Arminianism?

By your own standard, you have no more sacrifice for sin.
It's not my standard, it is God's!

Heb 10:26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” d and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

So you're seriously claiming that sin has no application until you're made aware that you've sinned?
Rom 5:13To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

Rom 7:9Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

Death reigned, but we are not legally "dead" until we become cognitively conscious of the law, ie, right and wrong!

How does work exactly, you claim that you know when you sin. Yet, you're "back peddling" now?

How am I back peddling? If I am not cognitively conscious of my actions being sin, God's graciousness does not hold me guilty, but if I am aware of what coveting is, and that it is forbidden, then when I see myself coveting, I am held as guilty.

If, for example, you sinned 20 years ago, but were truly unaware of the infraction until yesterday, and being convicted of the truth of this act by the Holy Spirit, you repented and made whatever amends possible, all is well! But if, upon hearing of your infraction, and knowing the truth of your guilt, you continue to actively engage in this behavior, you cannot avail yourself of Calvary and its blood, because you are actively insulting the spirit of grace making a mockery of his blood! Continued activity cannot be renewed to repentance, and without repentance there is no sacrifice on which to rely!
I suppose the damned are not chargeable for sin because they are not aware they've sinned?????

Silly boy! The damned are damned because they have been charged and found guilty, so their awareness is self evident! Again, "sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law."

My OP was clear. If you sin continually without repenting, then, by your own standard, you are judged a sinner and are not one of God's children. Again, by your own standard.

Judgement, dear student, is not determined in this life, but in eternity. Repentance is not available on the other side of death, but only in this life. If I die, consciously living a lifestyle contrary to holiness, my fate is sealed and there is no hope, "but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God." But if, before death, I truly repent of and confess my sin, "he is faithful and just, and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness"! (1Jn 1:9)

Doug

Who said he was on any team . Making stuff up .

He will deny being on any team . And no one said he was on any team except you guys making things up.

Just more ad hominems.
Isn't that up to Civic? He let me onto Team Truth...

But it's good to hear you say he doesn't belong on Team Truth; he doesn't...

It's not my standard, it is God's!

Heb 10:26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” d and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I knew what you believed. Remember, we talked about this. Your claims are false. Either way, given your claim, you can't "live up to" your own claims.

Rom 5:13To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

Rom 7:9Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

Death reigned, but we are not legally "dead" until we become cognitively conscious of the law, ie, right and wrong!

Wow. I don't see how you can make such a statement. You're ignoring the obvious. People died (judged as sinners) without the law. Thusly, the penalty of death was legal applied to those regardless of their understanding of the law.

Why did people die at all?

How am I back peddling? If I am not cognitively conscious of my actions being sin, God's graciousness does not hold me guilty, but if I am aware of what coveting is, and that it is forbidden, then when I see myself coveting, I am held as guilty.

You claim you're not sinful because you don't understand your sin. That is "back peddling" from claiming to live a righteous life according to what you claim to be God's demand.

If, for example, you sinned 20 years ago, but were truly unaware of the infraction until yesterday, and being convicted of the truth of this act by the Holy Spirit, you repented and made whatever amends possible, all is well! But if, upon hearing of your infraction, and knowing the truth of your guilt, you continue to actively engage in this behavior, you cannot avail yourself of Calvary and its blood, because you are actively insulting the spirit of grace making a mockery of his blood! Continued activity cannot be renewed to repentance, and without repentance there is no sacrifice on which to rely!

With all due respect, sin doesn't require your acknowledgement to be sin. I heard you the first time you gave this type of example. It is a bogus example.

Adam spent his entire life learning the consequence of his sin. God didn't change. He knew it all along. Knowledge varies with man but not with God.

Silly boy! The damned are damned because they have been charged and found guilty, so their awareness is self evident! Again, "sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law."

All the world is guilty. They just refuse to acknowledge it. Which is what Paul is dealing with in Romans 3.

Pay attention to the words ... "and all the world may become guilty before God. "

Condemnation is clear.....

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Notice the words... CONDEMNED ALREADY.

Your belief an acceptance of your own guilty doesn't establish guilt toward God. You're already guilty.

Judgement, dear student, is not determined in this life, but in eternity. Repentance is not available on the other side of death, but only in this life. If I die, consciously living a lifestyle contrary to holiness, my fate is sealed and there is no hope, "but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God." But if, before death, I truly repent of and confess my sin, "he is faithful and just, and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness"! (1Jn 1:9)

Doug

Grasshopper, you'll leave this world in weakness crying for mercy for your failures. Don't "kid yourself". No one is going to face God cheering.....

"Thank you Jesus for making me live so righteous"........

I say BP of 70's over 40's this past week while the emergency room nurses thought I was leaving this world. The Lord heard and answered my prayer for mercy. My cry for help. I couldn't help myself. How in the world can I claim anything other than Grace?

Tu quoque very sad .

Tu quoque is hypocrisy. Latin doesn't help you.

It is ironic that you charge me with hypocrisy for my position on Preservation and can't see you're own issues here.

1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Back