Who can "live up to" Arminianism?

I pray and hope that your mother will recover and that both she and you and all of your family will have comfort and peace. My mother is 93 and has gone through many difficult things and so far has always seemed to come through them. Hoping you'll see some good news too.
Thanks for the Kind words brother Rockson...

I was talking to Ma, and I asked her what the doctors thought happened. She said they think she had a stroke. I said it must have not been as bad as Memaw's stroke, who is her sister. She said oh yeah I need to call me her and tell her. That's when we had to tell her that her sister's been dead for quite a while...

Only one who is not a determinist/fatalist can pray and believe this brother. Calvin and Augustine could not affirm your prayer. Once upon a time I could not either but thank God that He is not Sovereign in the calvinist sense, not deterministic in the calvinist sense and that the prayer of a Righteous man availeth much. Praise God that He is not what they taught.
It’s amazing you don’t quite get biblical prayer. 😊

Honest question for you civic, what kind of a Calvinist were you that you had an issue with prayer? If anything that would be more hyper.

Calvinists believe in the power of prayer. If you disagree it’s obvious you simply don’t know what you think you knew or know. 🙂

Determism, fatalism- the decree, predestination all that comes to pass by His sovereign will including evil.

I just googled calvinism for dummys. There is no book like there is Christianity for dummys. Its a need :)

I think I will write a book. :)

next

Determism, fatalism- the decree, predestination all that comes to pass by His sovereign will including evil.

next
It’s obvious you are not as familiar with these as you thought you were.

Do you know the difference between biblical predestination and fatalism?
I’m Here to help where I can.

I just googled calvinism for dummys. There is no book like there is Christianity for dummys. Its a need :)

I think I will write a book. :)

next

As if there aren't already enought "anti-Calvinism" books on the market.

There are plenty of known, unrepented acts of sin to condemn us. Infractions unknowingly committed, whether in ignorance of the sinfulness of the action, or of the awareness that you have offended, are not judiciously held against us in grace. Once we are confronted and convicted of our sin, we then have the responsibility of responding in repentance, recompense, and reconciliation.

Doug
However, you specifically said that "sin is not charged to "anyone's account where there is no law" and now you are adding, "against us in grace" referring to believers and that is totally different than what the word "anyone" implies.

Nevertheless the willful sin mentioned in Hebrews 10 is not referring to sin in general but rather in turning ones back on Christ to go back to the OT Covenant and after they have fully been made aware of the truth that is in Christ.

This is why the writer goes on to say "there remains no more sacrifice for sins but rather a fearful looking forward to judgment", because there is no other sacrifice acceptable with God but that of Christ alone and therefore if they reject Christ willfully after receiving a knowledge of the truth they only have the wrath of God to look forward to.

Furthermore, I don't believe the writer is speaking to those who have truly consumed the truth in Chris within their hearts but only unto those who have partaken of it in that they have tasted of it but didn't consume it.

Years ago I used to read trin commentaries and F. F. Bruce put it this way, "it is possible to receive a small dose to make one totally immune" and I still have that commentary on Hebrews and on that, I would agree with him.

Last edited:
However, you specifically said that "sin is not charged to "anyone's account where there is no law" and now you are adding, "against us in grace" referring to believers and that is totally different than what the word "anyone" implies.

Nevertheless the willful sin mentioned in Hebrews 10 is not referring to sin in general but rather in turning ones back on Christ to go back to the OT Covenant and after they have fully been made aware of the truth that is in Christ.

This is why the writer goes on to say "there remains no more sacrifice for sins but rather a fearful looking forward to judgment", because there is no other sacrifice acceptable with God but that of Christ alone and therefore if they reject Christ willfully after receiving a knowledge of the truth they only have the wrath of God to look forward to.

Furthermore, I don't believe the writer is speaking to those who have truly consumed the truth in Chris within their hearts but only unto those who have partaken of it in that they have tasted of it but didn't consume it.

Years ago I used to read trin commentaries and F. F. Bruce put it this way, "it is possible to receive a small dose to make one totally immune" and I still have that commentary on Hebrews and on that, I would agree with him.
Good scholar I have the same commentary

Back