Who Determines LDS doctrine?

Samuel Smith, who was said to be very bright, was really the Smith that the people probably would have rallied around, with the backing of Emma, but he died right after Joseph and Hyrum...I think a month or two, and some say he was poisoned, by "Bloody Brigham Young."

Sometimes it's hard to find the end to conspiracy theories.

They say those who look through jaundiced eyes--always see yellow.

Ralf, you said you agreed with the FLDS...but I suppose you didn't read and understand the conversation. Yes, Ralf I left...and you stayed...I am not sure why that is amazing?
Why is it a fake church? You wrote you were a fundamentalist like Jeff's, I'll write that off as you're not following the thread.
What does being a fundamentals that to do with Jeff's, my foundation has it's deep roots and core doctrine in JS restored Church not FLDS.
Knowing you as well as I do, this is just more imaginary fiction you prattle ....

What does being a fundamentals that to do with Jeff's, my foundation has it's deep roots and core doctrine in JS restored Church not FLDS.
Knowing you as well as I do, this is just more imaginary fiction you prattle ....
Focus...Jeff's church is called..."The Fundamental Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints." You weren't following Aarons and mine conversation, and apparently still do not get it. It's not important Ralf.

Sometimes it's hard to find the end to conspiracy theories.

They say those who look through jaundiced eyes--always see yellow.
Maybe you are willing to describe the different power struggles of the church? Samuel's is an interesting study. As is the relationship between BY and Emma. This will make an interesting future thread; in that I doubt you have the will to research this.

No, Markk--I'm not interested in describing any power struggle--it's too interesting to watch your far out descriptions.

Emma and Brigham Young never had a relationship.
LOL…they hated each other which was their relationship.

Okay, keep watching.

Focus...Jeff's church is called..."The Fundamental Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints." You weren't following Aarons and mine conversation, and apparently still do not get it. It's not important Ralf.
Okay, thx

No, Markk--I'm not interested in describing any power struggle--it's too interesting to watch your far out descriptions.

Emma and Brigham Young never had a relationship.
Quite true...and we cannot deny that men, women, leaders, all have struggles... did not the Twelve Apostles have their struggle.... I bet Markk believes we all feel that since we joined the church we are now pure, clean and without struggles with ourselves and sometimes others... hmm

Quite true...and we cannot deny that men, women, leaders, all have struggles... did not the Twelve Apostles have their struggle.... I bet Markk believes we all feel that since we joined the church we are now pure, clean and without struggles with ourselves and sometimes others... hmm

Very true:

Acts 15:37-40---King James Version
37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

Markk's argument is small fish--which can easily be netted.

Focus...after Joseph was murdered, there were several men making moves to take Joseph's position as the leader of the Church. I know Emma wanted her son Samuel, I believe maybe that last witness for the BOM that was left, in that Joseph Sr was dead, along with Hyrum...and all the others had left the church in bad grace. I am not sure if Hiram page had quite yet, but I think he had bailed by this time. So, Samuel was logically the next in line. BY certainly had a problem with that, and Emma didn't like that at all. It is an interesting study Ralf, and one that you should not be afraid to learn about and discuss. I'll start a thread on it down the road.

Focus...after Joseph was murdered, there were several men making moves to take Joseph's position as the leader of the Church. I know Emma wanted her son Samuel, I believe maybe that last witness for the BOM that was left, in that Joseph Sr was dead, along with Hyrum...and all the others had left the church in bad grace. I am not sure if Hiram page had quite yet, but I think he had bailed by this time. So, Samuel was logically the next in line. BY certainly had a problem with that, and Emma didn't like that at all. It is an interesting study Ralf, and one that you should not be afraid to learn about and discuss. I'll start a thread on it down the road.
Chuckle, I have studied it, this is human nature through and through as if you imagine we put Emma, BY and other on a high pedestal of purity and perfection... you got to be kidding to think we are that naive...

Then give me the elevator version of their issues with each other, in your own words,without running to the net for your reply? And also tell me about all the less than perfect things that are written about BY and EMMa with in the current narrative?
Markk any information you use is either a book or the internet, you do not use your own words and if you do its most likely should be quoted for accuracy... nice try.

You have never studied their dislikes for each other…give me a break Ralf…you still deny Joseph used a stone in his hat to translate parts of the BoM.

Yep I did Markk, grow up and quit with the false accusations as if you are the only one that has studied JS and Emma... I told you that I have studied most of the anti mormon literature over the space of 60 yrs.

I’ll get you started… “I will now speak upon a subject which I think I ought to notice for the benefit of a few who are inclined to be giddy-headed. . . . You are already apprized of the fact that a son of Joseph Smith the prophet was here in our city. . . . The sympathies of the Latterday Saints are with the family of the martyred prophet. I never saw a day in the world that I would not almost worship that woman, Emma Smith, if she would be a saint instead of being a devil. . . . [We] would have been exceeding glad if the prophet's family had come with us when we left Nauvoo. . . . We would have made cradles for them . . . and would have fed them on milk and honey. Emma is naturally a very smart woman; she is subtle and ingenious . . . she has made her children inherit lies. To my certain knowledge Emma Smith is one of the damnest liars I know of on this earth; yet there is no good thing I would refuse to do for her, if she would only be a righteous woman.”

This is not a quarrel, this was a power struggle…that went against Joseph wishes.
I have seen that before, your only fault is you did not source the above... I don't remember where I read that, but since you printed it, then do the source followup...

I’ll get you started… “I will now speak upon a subject which I think I ought to notice for the benefit of a few who are inclined to be giddy-headed. . . . You are already apprized of the fact that a son of Joseph Smith the prophet was here in our city. . . . The sympathies of the Latterday Saints are with the family of the martyred prophet. I never saw a day in the world that I would not almost worship that woman, Emma Smith, if she would be a saint instead of being a devil. . . . [We] would have been exceeding glad if the prophet's family had come with us when we left Nauvoo. . . . We would have made cradles for them . . . and would have fed them on milk and honey. Emma is naturally a very smart woman; she is subtle and ingenious . . . she has made her children inherit lies. To my certain knowledge Emma Smith is one of the damnest liars I know of on this earth; yet there is no good thing I would refuse to do for her, if she would only be a righteous woman.”

This is not a quarrel, this was a power struggle…that went against Joseph wishes.

That seems more like a polemic against one's character, rather than a power struggle. I don't remember Emma's name being considered for any position of power in the apostleship or as the leading prophet.

That seems more like a polemic against one's character, rather than a power struggle. I don't remember Emma's name being considered for any position of power in the apostleship or as the leading prophet.
Then read your history. The people gravitated towards Emma...she was pushing hard for Samuel...and he would have become the next prophet. But after he died, only William was left, and history shows he was kind of slow. She was the force behind the RLDS, and probably the true offshoot that Joseph wanted. I'll find you a source when I get a chance.

Then read your history. The people gravitated towards Emma...she was pushing hard for Samuel...and he would have become the next prophet. But after he died, only William was left, and history shows he was kind of slow. She was the force behind the RLDS, and probably the true offshoot that Joseph wanted. I'll find you a source when I get a chance.
Yea please do, most of your speculation are without any source. You are most dangerous when you speak from your own mouth..

Well Markk--The Church f Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints aren't the RLDS.

Joseph Smith, nor Emma Smith-- didn't have any say about where God would have proceeded from Nauvoo. That was God's choice, IMO.

Markk said:

You won't find this anymore, it was taken down for reason it has no source... chuckle.

Well Markk--The Church f Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints aren't the RLDS.

Joseph Smith, nor Emma Smith-- didn't have any say about where God would have proceeded from Nauvoo. That was God's choice, IMO.
The RLDS...are still a church...you act as if the Utah sect is relevant? If it was not for their Money, they would not even be on the map. History is History.

Markk said:

You won't find this anymore, it was taken down for reason it has no source... chuckle.
It is from the Lion and the lady Ralf, I said I would get you started.... I guess you did not know where to start

The RLDS...are still a church...you act as if the Utah sect is relevant?

Yes, Markk--the fourth largest Christian denomination in America is relevant:

February 16, 2011---https://thinkingtobelieve.com/2011/02/16/top-10-largest-christian-denominations-in-the-usa/

Top 10 Largest Christian Denominations in the USA​

he National Council of Church’s report on church membership lists the following organizations as the top ten biggest religious denominations in the U.S.A.:
  1. The Catholic Church: 68.5 million
  2. Southern Baptist Convention: 16.1 million
  3. The United Methodist Church: 7.8 million
  4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 6 million
  5. The Church of God in Christ: 5.5 million
  6. National Baptist Convention, USA: 5 million
  7. Evangelical Lutheran Church in America: 4.5 million
  8. National Baptist Convention of America: 3.5 million
  9. Assemblies of God: 2.9 million
  10. Presbyterian Church (USA): 2.7 million

Back