The sins of His people...Correct, not just Jews.
“I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness;
I will take you by the hand and keep you;
I will give you as a covenant for the people,
a light for the nations, - Isaiah 42:6
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Reminds me of Joseph in the dungeon...
1. Wrath was kindled(Genesis 39:19)
2. Joseph was put in prison(Genesis 39:20)
3. One of the prisoners whom Joseph interpreted their dream was killed, and one was restored...(Genesis 41:13)
4. Joseph is brought out of prison and given a new raiment and is clean shaven(Genesis 41:14)
5. Joseph is restored to His former glory, and more by Pharaoh giving Joseph his ring, fine linens, and a gold chain on his neck! He was made ruler over all Egypt!
40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
Not preaching at you just for my own writing improvements and the lurkers...