Who did Jesus give Himself a ransom for ?

We agree with all of their Verses. There is a way to deny LA's truth; it's to not allow it in the Thread...
Yes, how many times do thorough refutations given them simply get dismissed and disregarded? You never hear a peep out of them over it.

And how many are dismissed by the ad nauseam and callow "oops" "next" "hope this helps" retort that says, addresses and accomplishes nothing?

And how many times are they refuted on their false charges of what we believe, only to carry on like they weren't refuted?

Yes, how many times do thorough refutations given them simply get dismissed and disregarded? You never hear a peep out of them over it.

And how many are dismissed by the ad nauseam and callow "oops" "next" "hope this helps" retort that says, addresses and accomplishes nothing?

And how many times are they refuted on their false charges of what we believe, only to carry on like they weren't refuted?
Can you imagine having an actual debate. A debate where both sides actually listened, considered and then replied with scripture and thoughtful reasoning?

John 10: 25Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name bear witness about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

The sheep are the already inclined to listen to God, ie the seekers by natural or greater revelation that were not yet saved, or those that Christ could see into the heart that they would accept. That is the conclusion that reconciles with the libertarian sounding scriptures.

Can you imagine having an actual debate. A debate where both sides actually listened, considered and then replied with scripture and thoughtful reasoning?
You mean if they reacted like we do many times, with reciprocity?

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible for me to imagine that ever happening. They're too busy with false charges, ridicule, disregarding what was said, and misusing God's word.

The sheep are the already inclined to listen to God, ie the seekers by natural or greater revelation that were not yet saved, or those that Christ could see into the heart that they would accept. That is the conclusion that reconciles with the libertarian sounding scriptures.
Yes it’s always God looking to man to see what he will do first.
In this case, I’d have to ask….
Who is the real God?

This God you talk of, don’t have a clue. Everything is new news to him.
He constantly gets news flashes!

News flash: Nope not interested!
News flash: I’ll give Jesus a try!
ect…..

haha you can have that god.

The sheep are the already inclined to listen to God,
Oh, so you were special, and God chose you. Got it.
ie the seekers by natural or greater revelation that were not yet saved, or those that Christ could see into the heart that they would accept. That is the conclusion that reconciles with the libertarian sounding scriptures.
No, sorry, nothing in biblical Gospel preaching says accept, and humble yourself, and follow to be saved as you've suggested earlier. Now you've added another thing; they must also be inclined to listen.

The list keeps growing with you. Anything else to add?

Unchecked Copy Box
1Ti 2:4 - Who will have all-men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
God wants “all” men to be saved and provided the means for that to happen if they would not reject Him according to scripture.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Ti 2:5 - For there is oneGod, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Unchecked Copy Box
1Ti 2:6 - Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Scripture clearly teaches that Jesus gave Himself as a ransom “ for all”. John 3:16 ,17 should be clearer for those who truly want to understand and honor God’s word.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:16 - For God so-loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:17 - For God sent not-his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that-the world through him might be saved.

Who was the ransom paid to?

A person can refuse to follow through after a ransom is paid. Why would it have to be different for scripture? Christ died for all doesn't have to mean all will get saved.
Um, it is the person who you are paying the ransom to who can refuse to follow through. So, Satan has crashed God's party? Or do you understand that the ransom was paid to God, or rather, to His justice? After all, it isn't Satan condemning anyone to hell, but God by His justice.

I'm asking you. Why pay a ransom for someone who prefers to remain captive?

Fallacy?

Did someone pay the ransome for us to be free?

Maybe Jesus tricked them?

That we might be free?

If Jesus sold us into not being .......

Not much of a Savior.

Last edited:
Back