Who did Jesus give Himself a ransom for ?

So one is saved by "following", and by "accepting," and now you add "humility?" So I must add that no one is saved by humility either.

Anything else to check off your to-do list? You've added two things since beginning our discourse.

The problem again is nothing in biblical Gospel preaching tells us following, accepting, or humility saves us.
We are saved by grace through faith…and accepting….and following…and humility…and…

Those last three are in very fine print in their bibles. Right next to God wooing and with passion.

The bottom of the rabbit hole. A "tap-out".
Now you'll have to deny we're judged for our sins since Jesus atoned for every single person.
QB Fallacy continues.

John 1:29, John 3:16-18, 1 John 2:2 Prove I'm correct and you QB fallacy incorrect.

Dialectic (Greek: διαλεκτική, dialektikḗ; related to dialogue; German: Dialektik), also known as the dialectical method, is a discourse between two or more people holding different points of view about a subject but wishing to establish the truth through reasoned argumentation. Dialectic resembles debate, but the concept excludes subjective elements such as emotional appeal and the modern pejorative sense of rhetoric

Mr. Duck Dodgenhyde at it again, eh?
To be fair, this is going after the person instead of the Argument. I made a Deal with him that he won't do this. No one else here has to get in on the Deal, but I think there are vacancies in the deal for the night. But it's everyone's business how they Post...

You can be on watch for him to keep the Deal...

To be fair, this is going after the person instead of the Argument. I made a deal with him that he won't do this. No one else here has to get in on the Deal, but I think there are vacancies in the deal for the night. But it's everyone's business how they Post...
Your ecumenicalism is duly noted…

QB Fallacy continues.

John 1:29, John 3:16-18, 1 John 2:2 Prove I'm correct and you QB fallacy incorrect.

Dialectic (Greek: διαλεκτική, dialektikḗ; related to dialogue; German: Dialektik), also known as the dialectical method, is a discourse between two or more people holding different points of view about a subject but wishing to establish the truth through reasoned argumentation. Dialectic resembles debate, but the concept excludes subjective elements such as emotional appeal and the modern pejorative sense of rhetoric
Even though you're wrong on everything it's still better when your here.

Even though you're wrong on everything it's still better when your here.
Lol thanks for the laugh .

So you are not a trinitarian and you don’t believe Jesus was , is fully God and fully man and that the 66 books are God breathed and sufficient fir everything in the Christian life ?

just sayin not everything , wink 😜

To be fair, this is going after the person instead of the Argument. I made a Deal with him that he won't do this. No one else here has to get in on the Deal, but I think there are vacancies in the deal for the night. But it's everyone's business how they Post...

You can be on watch for him to keep the Deal...
Here’s the thing, their side does not see the ramifications of their theology. This all boils down to how we view the atonement. The Father was the One who was propitiated, not us. He was satisfied with the payment the Son made. This appeased His wrath. If this propitiated the Father’s wrath for all mankind, which means Christ died for everyone without exception, then this means that everyone without exception will be saved. I know the gainsayers response, saying that this propitiation does not necessarily save them, it just makes them savable. I deny this damnable heresy, as His death did not make ppl savable, but ensured their salvation would be accomplished.

Here’s the thing, their side does not see the ramifications of their theology. This all boils down to how we view the atonement. The Father was the One who was propitiated, not us. He was satisfied with the payment the Son made. This appeased His wrath. If this propitiated the Father’s wrath for all mankind, which means Christ died for everyone without exception, then this means that everyone without exception will be saved. I know the gainsayers response, saying that this propitiation does not necessarily save them, it just makes them savable. I deny this damnable heresy, as His death did not make ppl savable, but ensured their salvation would be accomplished.
I agree...

I think that even they would have to agree Atonement was made by Jesus in the Heavenly Holy of Hollies; and this is where and when God's Wrath was Propitiated...

We have been though this with over 12k of responses . PSA is not the only viable theory on the atonement and in fact is the newest of the 7 others . @armylngst and I even agreed on the wrath part of PSA in a recent discussion. He wasn’t attacked by any Calvinist for his view and said to be a heretic or false teacher for holding that view in common with me.

GINOLC to all.
Addressing the OP. Just reading a few posts, yes salvation is for all. let's hear it from a Jewish perspective. 1 John 2:2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
he, the Lord JESUS, (GOD) ,is the remedy for our sins, now how do we obtain ETERNAL LIFE/ the FREE GIFT?

A. Hear about it. this is why Luke 24:45 is written, "Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures," Luke 24:46 "And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:" Luke 24:47 "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." Luke 24:48 "And ye are witnesses of these things."

B. and it did, at the Day of Pentecost. what happened. the KINGDOM OF GOD CAME/The Holy Spirit. picking up where we left off, Luke 24:49 "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high." and because the KINGDOM OF GOD IN THEM, they did just what the Lord Jesus commanded them to do..... PREACH, "repentance and remission of sins/ Baptism". lets see it. READ Act 2:1-36 first.

now, Acts 2:37 "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?" (LISTEN TO WHAT WE SHOULD DO). Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

A. Repentance, B. Baptize ........ for the remission of Sins.

Belief, and Obedience.

Belief: Romans 10:8 "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;" Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:11 "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." QUESTION TIME, Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"(RIGHT BACK TO LUKE 24:47). Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?" Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

NOW, Obedience to the FAITH: BAPTISM: Romans 6:1 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?" Romans 6:2 "God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" Romans 6:3 "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" Romans 6:4 "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:5 "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:" FINISH READING THE CHAPTER. because now chapter 7 tells us why we need to be baptized. listen,

Romans 7:1 "Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?" Romans 7:2 "For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband." Romans 7:3 "So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man." Romans 7:4 "Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God."

Baptism shows the OLD MAN, died. so in raising to a NEW LIFE/BORN AGAIN, one now can be Married to another..... the Lord Jesus. for Baptism is our certificate of our Worldly DEATH to SIN. it shows, or WITNESS to our DEATH in this World. and by raising up out of the Water it shows our certificate of our NEW BIRTH. Just like the One you get at your Local County health department. it's your WITNESS/proof that you are ALIVE & WELL

Obedience and Belief is for us to obtain ETERNAL LIFE. our work is to believe and obey. How hard is that?

:ninja:

This is this on the border of Universalism which is a banned topic at CARM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back