Who did Jesus give Himself a ransom for ?

Correct, not just Jews.

“I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness;

I will take you by the hand and keep you;

I will give you as a covenant for the people,

a light for the nations, -
Isaiah 42:6
The sins of His people...

Isaiah 53
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Reminds me of Joseph in the dungeon...

1. Wrath was kindled(Genesis 39:19)
2. Joseph was put in prison(Genesis 39:20)
3. One of the prisoners whom Joseph interpreted their dream was killed, and one was restored...(Genesis 41:13)
4. Joseph is brought out of prison and given a new raiment and is clean shaven(Genesis 41:14)
5. Joseph is restored to His former glory, and more by Pharaoh giving Joseph his ring, fine linens, and a gold chain on his neck! He was made ruler over all Egypt!

Genesis 41
40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

Not preaching at you just for my own writing improvements and the lurkers...

Correct, not just Jews.

“I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness;

I will take you by the hand and keep you;

I will give you as a covenant for the people,

a light for the nations, -
Isaiah 42:6
Hebrews 7
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Who the dreamer from CA?
Okay, I'm getting out of my range of knowledge. I don't know who's from California, on this forum (CA is one of the few abbreviations for American states that I know, offhand, although I'm sure I could guess a lot of them).

I was trying to make a word association joke about people whom the American Democrats call "Dreamers" (illegal immigrants from across the southern border of the U.S.). I realise that I've just demolished whatever tiny portion of humour there was in my post, but I want to avoid misunderstandings.

Reading my own post (this one), it comes across as stilted and dull, so I think I'll just say no more. ?

Then you will die like men and be judged by God and neither receive salvation.

Psalms 82:5-7 (KJV)
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, *Ye are gods*; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But *ye shall die like men*, and fall like one of the princes.
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
Trying to avoid our guilt, we focus on the symptoms of sin. We complain of the boredom of life — which the preacher calls “vanity.” In Ecclesiastes the preacher concludes, “The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil” (12:13 — 14). There is no note of the gospel struck in his conclusion of the matter, but what is clear is that the “eternity” that God has set in the heart of humanity is his law, the covenant of creation. Transgression of that covenant is the root of all human woe. Every person is now born estranged from the good Father, living in the far country in poverty and degradation. Unwilling to be a faithful son, humanity became a slave of sin and death.​

I am here, so... no. However, God could end me three seconds from now, and there isn't a single...

(sry, joking a little). There isn't a single thing my free will can do about it. Jesus made this point on at least a couple of occasions.

Not sure Jesus was saying no one can be.

Maybe more like this is a better way, walk in it.

Paul was more like the bad cop ...... no one can be and everyone must die.

Not sure Jesus was saying no one can be.

Maybe more like this is a better way, walk in it.

Paul was more like the bad cop ...... no one can be and everyone must die.
OK. Just so I understand where you are coming from. If Paul was taken out, life would be good?

1. Paul bad cop?
2. Everyone can be?
3. Everyone must live?

OK. Just so I understand where you are coming from. If Paul was taken out, life would be good?

1. Paul bad cop?
2. Everyone can be?
3. Everyone must live?

Paul was an Aposstle of the end of the age.

Everyone was bad, and had to repent of never to be again.

It's like the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit in a physical, unholy trinity. The beast, his image, and his mark. So, that would be the unpardonable sin, would it not?
Got scripture for this, or are you guessing?

So it's not this below then?

Mark 3:28-30
28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

30 He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”
Man is dead, spiritually speaking. Are you going to deny what God told Adam?
No
Why can't God do what He wants?
Can he lie, he can't do that? Can he deceive people?
So now the gospel is loving the truth, and not Christ?
Jesus is the truth.
Don't ignore the aggregate of scripture. This passage is not all of scripture together. They rejected the gospel, and so they are not saved.
You make it sound like you are different from them. If I recall Calvinists believe that no one has the ability to repent and believe in Christ, so you also rejected the gospel, it's only because God made you believe it, according to Calvinism, that you believe, isn't it?
You still misinterpret it. There is SO MUCH MORE to what is being said here. You have to look at it in light of all scripture. That is why they say that scripture interprets scripture.
You have stated that the lost reject the gospel that is why they are not saved, but you rejected it, you could not, would not accept it either, it's only because God made you accept it, that you did, so for a Calvinist, the reason they did not receive salvation, wasn't because they rejected the gospel, God would not enable them to receive it. That is the reality, isn't it?

That of course, is not what scripture teaches, but it's what Calvinist teach.

That of course, is not what scripture teaches, but it's what Calvinist teach.

It, of course, precisely IS what Scripture teaches.
It's precisely WHY we believe it. Because it's taught in Scripture.
And your constant mockery is not going to cause us to reject Scripture, it's only going to cause you MUCH trouble when you face your Creator on that great day of Judgment.

Back