Who do SDAs worship to?

Buzzard

;;
Always, Always keep in mind
The Doctrine of Mental Reserve
you are under no obligation to tell any one the truth,
nor reveal the True Teachings of the church
to those outside
I do not know how well-versed you are with Adventism, but the church and its spokesmen have a very long history of carefully parsing their language to obscure what they actually believe.

Buzzard said:
Michael.
Christ said His Name Sake;
not some Sunday Law
why are you so blind to the words of Christ
Matt.24:9
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted,
and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations
for my name's sake
-----------------------

Common Tater

You should clarify my position when stating it for me. Or quote me directly as evidense ...

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

We all have the same body that Jesus had while walking on earth. Are we all created then ??? Did Jesus have a created body, to be fully human too ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
If you will go back to the thread, "Atonement on the cross Doctrine is a destructive error?", you will find that I asked you repeatedly if you believe that the Son is eternal God or that he is a created being, you dodged and danced and refused to answer the question plainly. The closest you came to an answer was in your post #180, when you said the following:

"Do you believe that the Son is Eternal God ...", Did Jesus ever say exactly that ???

If you are ready to give a clear answer, then I will ask you again.

Do you believe the Son is Eternal God, or do you believe he is a created being?

SDAchristian

If you will go back to the thread, "Atonement on the cross Doctrine is a destructive error?", you will find that I asked you repeatedly if you believe that the Son is eternal God or that he is a created being, you dodged and danced and refused to answer the question plainly. The closest you came to an answer was in your post #180, when you said the following:

Link to post 315924 Reply
{Cross posting across threads is considered poor netiquette.} {Edited for Quote destination link by SDAchristian}
Please let us continue this discussion on the thread intended. For future reference a BUMP on that thread should have been used.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:

YeshuaFan

I have searched on adventist.org to find out if SDAs worship Jesus but couldn't find exactly what I am looking for. I know that they worship God, but also to Jesus?

Please point me to a reliable source that SDAs do worship Jesus.

Thanks!
MANY of the early leaders and founders of the sda were Arianism in regards to how they viewed jesus, and now the Sda seems to be akin to the Lds, as they seem to see it as 3 gods working in unison now!

YeshuaFan

There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three coeternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. He is infinite and beyond human comprehension, yet known through His self-revelation. God, who is love, is forever worthy of worship, adoration, and service by the whole creation. (Gen. 1:26; Deut. 6:4; Isa. 6:8; Matt. 28:19; John 3:16 2 Cor. 1:21, 22; 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:2.)
https://www.adventist.org/en/beliefs/god/trinity/

In keeping with the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, SDA colleges reserve Saturday (Sabbath) as a day of rest from the daily grind. Sabbaths are also an opportunity for students to strengthen their relationships with Jesus through worship, praise and prayer. All of the SDA universities accommodate this important belief by providing activities for growing in your faith.
http://www.adventistcolleges.org/mission-service-and-worship
Yet there are also references by Ellen White to the effect that Jesus, while a mighty god, is not the Almighty, and many founders of sda were Arianism in their views regarding Jesus!

YeshuaFan

AV Mt 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt].

In your trinitarian view, Why Jesus does need to pray to himself then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Is Jesus almighty God?

Common Tater

AV Mt 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt].

In your trinitarian view, Why Jesus does need to pray to himself then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
He said "Oh Father". Wasn't praying to himself. He was praying to the Person called the Father.

Icyspark

We SDA’s teach that God is a trio of separate beings (the Heavenly trio according to the words of the Spirit of Prophecy) who are one in purpose only.

SDA's believe in the Bible and the Bible says that we are to watch out for people who come "in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves." Sounds kinda relevant doesn't it? How do you suppose true Christians can recognize the wolves in sheep's clothing. The next verse says, "By their fruit you will recognize them." Iow, the fruit of what an interloper says reveals they're not the person they identify as. Icy through imposters.

Icyspark

Do SDA’s believe in the “Heavenly trio” as three separate beings/persons who are ONLY ONE IN PURPOSE? YES THEY DO!

Do SDA’s believe that the three persons of the Trinity are “consubstantial” and “of one essence”, being one in more than purpose? NO THEY DON’T!!

Icy through imposters.

pythons

This violates Divine Simplicity.

Everything that consists of parts is the kind of thing that that depends on something other than itself for its existence...
...In SDA theology God is MADE UP OF PARTS -- so that it's said, if Christ failed, PART OF GOD WOULD HAVE DIED.
...In all honesty this IS THE MORMON GODHEAD - the Mormons however are honest enough to not call it the Trinity.

The proof is below

Signs Of The Times World Prophetic Weekly, March 1, 1927
That Christ was a person there can be no doubt. Christ is a part of the Godhead, and when on earth often declared that He had come to this world to reveal God the Father to mankind. Since Christ the Son is a person, God the Father must also be a person, for They two are one.

God, according to SDA Theology is made up of actual PARTS and Christ is a PART of God - however according to the Spirit of Prophecy [Ellen White] Christ COULD HAVE SINNED and lost His Deity, eternally ceased to exist - THEREFORE - had that happened God the Father would have still remained as the ONE & ONLY ABSOLUTE and Living God.

Charles S Longacre
IF it were impossible for the Son of God to make a mistake or commit a sin, then His coming into this world and subjecting Himself to temptations were all a farce AND mere mockery. IF it were possible for Him to yield to temptation and fall into sin, then He MUST have risked heaven and His very existence, and EVEN all eternity. That is exactly what the Scriptures AND the Spirit of Prophecy say Christ, the Son of God did do when He came to work out for us a plan of salvation from the curse of sin.

IF Christ "risked all," EVEN His ETERNAL EXISTENCE in heaven, then there was a possibility of His being overcome by sin, and IF overcome by sin, He would have gone into Joseph's tomb and neither THAT tomb nor any other tomb would EVER have been opened. All would have been lost and HE would have suffered "eternal loss," the loss of ALL He ever possessed &; His DIVINITY AND His humanity and heaven itself would have been "lost & eternally lost

It was possible for one of the God-head to be lost, and eternally lost - and IF that had happened, and it WAS possible to happen, "God, the Father", would still have remained as the One and only absolute and living God, reigning supreme over all the unfallen worlds, but with all the human race blotted out of existence on this earth. The Deity of Christ’, paper presented to the Bible Research Fellowship Angwin, California January 1947, page 13 & 14)

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Re 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Some people need GOD to send a donkey to them.

Some are unable to discern the spiritual natural of Christ's words.
Our Standard sda avoidance and obfuscation procedural training in evidence here.
It is your privilege to state that here at CARM. Whether it will be viewed as truth by GOD, GOD will judge.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Is Jesus almighty God?
If Jesus did not reveal it, how can a another human being admit it ???

AV Re 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Your wording issue is "God" versus "almighty God".

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
In a past version of the BBS, we could not have the word "ass" in the text of a post. Choices were use "a$$" or "donkey".
Are you saying that you are the donkey?
AV Num 22:21-35 And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. 22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants [were] with him. 23 And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way. 24 But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall [being] on this side, and a wall on that side. 25 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again. 26 And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where [was] no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left. 27 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff. 28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times? 29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee. 30 And the ass said unto Balaam, [Am] not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since [I was] thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay. 31 Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face. 32 And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because [thy] way is perverse before me: 33 And the ass saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I had slain thee, and saved her alive. 34 And Balaam said unto the angel of the LORD, I have sinned; for I knew not that thou stoodest in the way against me: now therefore, if it displease thee, I will get me back again. 35 And the angel of the LORD said unto Balaam, Go with the men: but only the word that I shall speak unto thee, that thou shalt speak. So Balaam went with the princes of Balak.

Maybe I see things, that others do not ...

Yours in Christ, Michael

Icyspark

Or rather the biblical teaching to "Test all things; hold fast what is good." That I run the words of imposters through the filter of the Bible icy through their attempts to hide who and what they really are. Imposters cannot hide for very long. Their words reveal the fruit of their supposed beliefs and/or denominational affiliation.

It's really sad when the critics of Adventism have to resort to dressing in sheep's clothing. Apparently this is an admission that the critic has lost the debate and has to resort to attempting to create confusion. It's sad in that it reveals an individual totally disconnected from the faith.

Last edited by a moderator:

pythons

Icyspark, do you believe me to be a wolf in sheep's clothing?

Anyone posting on this forum except for non-Denom's would support their affiliation.

pythons

Think about it.

I have and I've articulated my thoughts on the matter.

Its been my experience that SDA's are very vocal that they are Bible Only Christians...
...Yet the person who defined their doctrines for them was explicit in saying.
....Companies of devoted men and women using only the Bible COULDN'T confirm the new doctrines they were proposing.

Ellen claimed that at those times the power of God would come into her and SHE...
...Was enabled to clearly define what new doctrines were true and what ones were false.
....This isn't Sola Scriptura.

The anti-Triniarians who initially brought in those new doctrines couldn't confirm, by the Bible Only if those new "distinctive" doctrines were true or not - ENTER Ellen White who DEFINES them as true and viola! The Bible, according to SDA's now teach those distinctive doctrines that formally were questionable - doctrines that NO OTHER Church had found.

So, I've thought about it and this is what I've come up with.

Icyspark

I have and I've articulated my thoughts on the matter.

Its been my experience that SDA's are very vocal that they are Bible Only Christians...
...Yet the person who defined their doctrines for them was explicit in saying.
....Companies of devoted men and women using only the Bible COULDN'T confirm the new doctrines they were proposing.

Ellen claimed that at those times the power of God would come into her and SHE...
...Was enabled to clearly define what new doctrines were true and what ones were false.
....This isn't Sola Scriptura.

The anti-Triniarians who initially brought in those new doctrines couldn't confirm, by the Bible Only if those new "distinctive" doctrines were true or not - ENTER Ellen White who DEFINES them as true and viola! The Bible, according to SDA's now teach those distinctive doctrines that formally were questionable - doctrines that NO OTHER Church had found.

So, I've thought about it and this is what I've come up with.

Oh my. You're just all over the place. Not only does this have nothing to do with what I'm talking about, it also has no reality as it relates to Ellen White. The first sentence was all you needed to say in reference to your original question. The rest is a nonsensical attempt at propaganda.

pythons

Oh my. You're just all over the place. Not only does this have nothing to do with what I'm talking about, it also has no reality as it relates to Ellen White. The first sentence was all you needed to say in reference to your original question. The rest is a nonsensical attempt at propaganda.

SDA's reject Divine Simplicity, their God consists of parts. The facts are that SDA's do boast about being Bible Only while idolizing a supposed prophet who stated that SDA Doctrines were established as truth by supernatural events OUTSIDE of the Bible. Your denial of this fact is nonsensical.