Who does scripture say can be saved ?

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Reminds me of John 3:16 where Jesus said, “for whosoever believes will be saved”. Now when faced with the teachings of Jesus Edit per mod
Gentiles being included in the new covenant was a much bigger surprise to the apostles than we give it credit for, and it had to hurt their pride a little bit. Words like "whosoever" "everyone" "all" and "world" need to be read with that in mind.

But the Grace of God prevenes their Faith; right?
Jesus never once taught that faith was given , granted or a gift .He said " YOUR FAITH ".

Luke 7:50
And he said to the woman, Thy faith ( I have given you )hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 8:48
"Daughter," said Jesus, "your faith ( I have given you )has healed you. Go in peace."

Luke 17:19
Then Jesus said to him, "Rise and go; your faith( I have given you ) has made you well!"

Luke 18:42
"Receive your sight!" Jesus replied. "Your faith( I have give you ) has healed you."

Matthew 8:10
When Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those following Him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

Matthew 8:13
Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! As you have believed, so will it be done for you." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

Matthew 9:2
Just then some men brought to Him a paralytic lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven.

Matthew 9:22
Jesus turned and saw her. "Take courage, daughter," He said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was cured from that very hour.

Matthew 9:29
Then He touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you."

Matthew 15:28
"O woman," Jesus answered, "your faith is great! Let it be done for you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Mark 5:34
"Daughter," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be free of your affliction."

Mark 10:52
"Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

John 4:53
So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house.

hope this helps !!!

Jesus never once taught that faith was given , granted or a gift .He said " YOUR FAITH ".

Luke 7:50
And he said to the woman, Thy faith ( I have given you )hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 8:48
"Daughter," said Jesus, "your faith ( I have given you )has healed you. Go in peace."

Luke 17:19
Then Jesus said to him, "Rise and go; your faith( I have given you ) has made you well!"

Luke 18:42
"Receive your sight!" Jesus replied. "Your faith( I have give you ) has healed you."

Matthew 8:10
When Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those following Him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

Matthew 8:13
Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! As you have believed, so will it be done for you." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

Matthew 9:2
Just then some men brought to Him a paralytic lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven.

Matthew 9:22
Jesus turned and saw her. "Take courage, daughter," He said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was cured from that very hour.

Matthew 9:29
Then He touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you."

Matthew 15:28
"O woman," Jesus answered, "your faith is great! Let it be done for you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Mark 5:34
"Daughter," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be free of your affliction."

Mark 10:52
"Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

John 4:53
So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house.

hope this helps !!!
But Grace prevenes Faith, right?

What is Faith without Grace?

I said grace precedes so we are in agreement there . Grace can be resisted is where we part ways I believe .
Why do we differ since you're an Arminian? Grace thwarts Total Depravity, so Grace is uninvited and Irresistible. Arminianism says Prevenient Grace goes to All the Totally Depraved Efficaciously. Don't you mean the Gospel is Resistible?

Last edited:
Why do we differ since you're an Arminian? Grace thwarts Total Depravity, so Grace is uninvited and Irresistible. Arminianism says Prevenient Grace goes to All the Totally Depraved Efficaciously. Don't you mean the Gospel is Resistible?
No I mean Gods grace no matter the category can be resisted

Effectively? I imagine you'll have Galatians 5 where they have "fallen from grace" but what other scripture would there be where it wouldn't have to be implied?
Stephen in Acts calls them a stiff-necked people always resisting the Holy Spirit in Acts 7:51 and below YHWH being resisted.

Exodus 32:9
The LORD also said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and they are indeed a stiff-necked people.

Exodus 33:3
Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people; otherwise, I might destroy you on the way."

Exodus 33:5
For the LORD had said to Moses, "Tell the Israelites, 'You are a stiff-necked people. If I should go with you for a single moment, I would destroy you. Now take off your jewelry, and I will decide what to do with you.'"

Leviticus 26:41
and I acted with hostility toward them and brought them into the land of their enemies--and if their uncircumcised hearts will be humbled and they will make amends for their iniquity,

Numbers 27:14
for when the congregation contended in the Wilderness of Zin, both of you rebelled against My command to show My holiness in their sight regarding the waters." Those were the waters of Meribah in Kadesh, in the Wilderness of Zin.

2 Kings 17:14
But they would not listen, and they stiffened their necks like their fathers, who did not believe the LORD their God.

Nehemiah 9:30
Yet many years didst thou forbear them, and testifiedst against them by thy spirit in thy prophets: yet would they not give ear: therefore gavest thou them into the hand of the people of the lands.

Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

Stephen in Acts calls them a stiff-necked people always resisting the Holy Spirit in Acts 7:51 and below YHWH being resisted.

The LORD also said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and they are indeed a stiff-necked people.

Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people; otherwise, I might destroy you on the way."

For the LORD had said to Moses, "Tell the Israelites, 'You are a stiff-necked people. If I should go with you for a single moment, I would destroy you. Now take off your jewelry, and I will decide what to do with you.'"

and I acted with hostility toward them and brought them into the land of their enemies--and if their uncircumcised hearts will be humbled and they will make amends for their iniquity,

for when the congregation contended in the Wilderness of Zin, both of you rebelled against My command to show My holiness in their sight regarding the waters." Those were the waters of Meribah in Kadesh, in the Wilderness of Zin.

But they would not listen, and they stiffened their necks like their fathers, who did not believe the LORD their God.

Yet many years didst thou forbear them, and testifiedst against them by thy spirit in thy prophets: yet would they not give ear: therefore gavest thou them into the hand of the people of the lands.

But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
Other than the Jews resisting the Holy Spirit they're all old covenant examples, before "The Helper" was sent. I don't believe the Mosaic Covenant was deterministic, other than the fact they couldn't keep it due to the fall from Adam.

For instance when God gives the commandment not to lie, then every single one of them lies, there's nothing deterministic about that. On the other hand when Jesus says "All the Father gives Me will come and I will lose none" is very deterministic. They're different covenants.

Last edited:

We all resist the Holy Spirit until God in His infinite wisdom decides He has had enough. No Calvinist denies the Spirit is resisted.

Back