Who here believes that Catholics aren't Christians?

You are not following the exact words of scripture but your interpretation of scripture.
Ah ha. The "I" word. :rolleyes: A Catholic's 'go-to' when painted into a corner.

How do you know your interpretation of scripture is correct?
Depends on whether you are a believer or a non-believer.

No one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. An unbeliever (natural man) does not have the spiritual wisdom it takes to understand the word of God. As scripture says:

14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Where does this spiritual discernment come from? When?

Those who are Christians are followers of Jesus, not your Church.

You talk of 'believers'. Who are they and what do they believe?
Believers will share some essential doctrines in common. However, some believers either have a lack of doctrinal truth or believe false doctrines.

Believers will share some essential doctrines in common.
My question was who are these believers and what do they believe?

However, some believers either have a lack lack of doctrinal truth or believe false doctrines.
Believers follow Jesus' teachings. We read and study His word with the discernment granted by the Holy Spirit only to those who believe.

Christians would not accept as true the false doctrines generated by unbelievers.

'Thy word is truth'.

You have no scriptural testimony anywhere in God's word that attests to your Church's fictitious doctrines. None.
Which doctrine did you have in mind, Nan?

And prior to that, can you give me one piece of scriptural testimony anywhere in God's word that says I need scriptural testimony for a doctrine?

My question was who are these believers and what do they believe?
Believers are people who have faith in Christ, trust their lives to him, believe fundamental truths about him and try to live their lives according to his wishes.

Believers are people who have faith in Christ, trust their lives to him, believe fundamental truths about him and try to live their lives according to his wishes.
believers are those who are born again. head knowledge is not heart knowledge. catholics put their faith in the RCC and its teachings, not in Christ and God's word. They jump in at every opportunity to discredit God's word and insert the words of the RCC.

They honor Me with their lips but their hearts are far from Me...

claiming to believe in Him and follow His word is just lip service from those who actually believe in and follow the words of men.

And prior to that, can you give me one piece of scriptural testimony anywhere in God's word that says I need scriptural testimony for a doctrine?
Lol. The Catholic Church doesn't need scripture to provide proof of their false teachings. Just declare it's a teaching based on their sacred oral Tradition and it's done! Remarkable. Something that's never been turns into always was.

However, you cannot deny your Church does attempt to justify their fetid doctrines using scriptural testimony. All to no avail.

I knew many Roman Catholics who were also Spirit baptized Christians back in the '60s - '70s during the Charismatic Outpouring. Many of them came OUT of Catholicism and into truer Churches, because they'd experienced the truth, and realized the LIE of Catholic Theology.

Some stayed in - to be a Light in the Catholic darkness (like the demon possessed man - Legion) who wanted to accompany Jesus, but was instructed to STAY, and share the Word and his experience where he lived.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO USE, or RESPECT for the Roman Catholic church Corp. But Individual Catholics are STILL reached by the Holy Spirit in spite of their church, and brought into relationship with God, and indwelled by His Spirit.
That is why the vatican is so worried about Latin Americas. They are losing members.

I knew a Jewish woman who was dying and 2 spirit filled Catholic docs prayed over her, she had a miracle healing and recovered. Then she was referred to an Assembly of God church. Her terminal illnesss, her Docs, her healing her getting the church where God wanted her were not accidents.

So I have taught a lot of home Bible studies. Including some who don't do English. If they are Catholic, after a few times I ask them what they were trained in order to be save. They just don't know Jesus saves. Mostly infant baptism, being a good Catholic etc.

Back