Who here believes that Catholics aren't Christians?

No. As per Hebrews 13 17 and Titus 3, we submit to and obey the authority of our leaders. That is scriptural. It is your opinion that the Church is teaching falsehoods, but I have every faith that the Church is led by the Holy Spirit as Jesus promised. There is nothing unChristian about that at all.
So, you think the Holy Spirit would have you pray to a dead woman, have you believe there's a place you go after you die to expiate your own sins, etc?

That would be Unbiblical.
Not really - when one recognizes their "Mission Field", and is being guided and fed by the Holy Spirit, then it's TOTALLY biblical.

"Roman Catholicism", after all, isn't "THE CHURCH". It's just another Religio/Governmental corporation.

The Church is Born Again PEOPLE who are IN the "World" (including the Roman Catholic system), but not OF the world.

Not really - when one recognizes their "Mission Field", and is being guided and fed by the Holy Spirit, then it's TOTALLY biblical.

"Roman Catholicism", after all, isn't "THE CHURCH". It's just another Religio/Governmental corporation.

The Church is Born Again PEOPLE who are IN the "World" (including the Roman Catholic system), but not OF the world.
Christians are called to be a part of a Christian Church that teaches sound, Biblically based doctrine. Not to forsake the church in favor of a false religion.

Christians are called to be a part of a Christian Church that teaches sound, Biblically based doctrine. Not to forsake the church in favor of a false religion.
Tell that to the missionaries ministering to the 'po nekkid natives in Oogabalooga.

There are Christians that believe in GIVING and Ministering, and don't just sit in pews "Getting", you know.

Totally relevant, unless you only go to church to "GET SOMETHING".
If you're really that dumb that you don't know the difference between a missionary who is sent out by the church to plant a church and win souls, and somebody in a false religion who claims to have become a Christian, but rejects the true church to stay in the false religion, then I think we've come to the Proverbs 26:4 portion of our conversation.

If you're really that dumb that you don't know the difference between a missionary who is sent out by the church to plant a church and win souls, and somebody in a false religion who claims to have become a Christian, but rejects the true church to stay in the false religion, then I think we've come to the Proverbs 26:4 portion of our conversation.
ONE of us doesn't for sure.

Why, soitinly! Yet when I got saved, the Holy Spirit did not say, "Leave the church!" He worked slowly and gently with me until I said, "There's something not kosher here," and started praying for guidance. In the meantime, I was reading my Bible, and going to an IVCF Bible study. It wasn't until a year or two later that I was grounded enough and in a Bible-believing -and-teaching church to start looking at what the RCC believes (which was not really taught -- mass was what you did to keep god happy) and how those teachings differ from what the Bible says.

So, while we get impatient, we gotta remember that God works in His good time, not ours.

--Rich

is this Christianity?

"Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that EVERY human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff."

"At the command of Mary all obey, even God."
You asked "is this Christianity?" No, of course not. It is the leader of the Roman Catholic Church making a show of his so-called authority - basically saying in a proclamation that Jesus Christ will bow in submissive weakness to the way the Roman Catholic pontiff wants to lead the Roman Catholic Church and Roman Catholics must obey. In the hearts and minds of true Christ followers there is an intense resentment when hearing these words from the seat of Roman Catholic 'leadership.' As true Christians, we know that Jesus has told us that His 'door' is opened wide by a God of holiness and love, and any and every man can enter in through that door, if he will. Jesus said, "I am the way." Jesus Christ and only Jesus Christ is the exclusive Way to the Father.

Last edited:
Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord and NOT BY WORKS, so no one may boast. The ONLY "works" that save us are the works that Christ Jesus did for us completely and perfectly on the cross.
Roman Catholics and others who boast of 'works' are being just like those in Jesus time who were anxiously trying to win the race to heaven with all of their religious ceremonies, rituals, and rites. Paul basically told them to get rid of all of that and run the race of FAITH. Live by FAITH, not by works!

Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord and NOT BY WORKS, so no one may boast. The ONLY "works" that save us are the works that Christ Jesus did for us completely and perfectly on the cross.
So we don't have to forgive others?

Matt 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; 15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matt 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; 15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Really we have seen RC forgiveness and we saw that forgiveness shine through towards the victims of abuse who revealed the truth. This shows that this works based salvation of RCs is just talk, nothing else.

If one is saved one is changed, if they do works those works are Christ not theirs.

No. As per Hebrews 13 17 and Titus 3, we submit to and obey the authority of our leaders.

So you believe Mormons, JW's and Moonies are true Christians as well?
After all, they too "submit and obey the authority of their leaders".

Btw, one does not become a Christian by "submitting and obeying the authority of our leaders".
One becomes a Christian by repenting of your sins, and accepting Christ as your saviour.

That is scriptural. It is your opinion that the Church is teaching falsehoods, but I have every faith that the Church is led by the Holy Spirit as Jesus promised.

Whether a religious body is "teaching falsehoods" or not is determined by SCRIPTURE, not by what someone CLAIMS "is led by the Holy Spirit".

Again, Mormons claim the LDS church "is led by the Holy Spirit."
Again, JW"s claim that the Watchtower "is led by the Holy Spirit".
Again, the People's Temple claimed that Jim Jones was "led by the Holy Spirit".

ANYONE can make "claims".

This is a great example of how Roman Catholics don't understand Scripture.
Indeed, they try to use Scripture to deny other Scripture, which is basically attacking God.

"Forgiving others" is NOT a "requirement" for salvation.
Forgiving others is a FRUIT of salvation.

You need to learn the difference between "causation" and "correlation".
They are not the same thing.

Back