who here can build a fence?

SteveB

I'll bump the relevant thread for you.

Perhaps you can identify some of these questions I supposedly stopped answering.

Unless of course, you were lying about that.
It's really simple.
Give me the details of what you did, what you based your actions on, and the difference between what the bible said, and the results you did get.

As I recall, you turned it around, and started demanding that I do the same for you.
The problem is that you're the one who said you did what Jesus said, and it failed. I explicitly asked you to detail where, how, and upon what basis it failed.
You stopped, so I occupied myself with other activities.

Nouveau

It's really simple.
Give me the details of what you did, what you based your actions on, and the difference between what the bible said, and the results you did get.

As I recall, you turned it around, and started demanding that I do the same for you.
The problem is that you're the one who said you did what Jesus said, and it failed. I explicitly asked you to detail where, how, and upon what basis it failed.
You stopped, so I occupied myself with other activities.
You recall wrongly. I've bumped the thread for you. I answered all your questions, and YOU stopped responding.

Whatsisface

You're the only one who's failing here.
You either care about the truth or you don't.
This victim routine you keep using is only shaming you.
Do you honestly think this thread and the way you've conducted yourself by dodging questions is going to convince anyone of anything?

SteveB

Do you honestly think this thread and the way you've conducted yourself by dodging questions is going to convince anyone of anything?
This thread is my op, on what tools are necessary to build a fence, I then applied it to using the correct tools to know God.
I've given you the tools by which to achieve this.

Whatsisface

This thread is my op, on what tools are necessary to build a fence, I then applied it to using the correct tools to know God.
I've given you the tools by which to achieve this.
No. You've said the tools are over there in that large building, but i'm not telling you where they are, what they are or how to use them.

SteveB

No. You've said the tools are over there in that large building, but i'm not telling you where they are, what they are or how to use them.
No. I was quite clear.

SteveB

The word is 'vague'. You were quite vague.
telling me what I said, when I was quite clear only obfuscates you.

SteveB

I was pointing out that you were vague rather than specific, which is your regular failing.
This just demonstrates that you use science as a religion.
Kudos.

treeplanter

That is your choice.

the Bridge that is Jesus, you can go back and forth while you're alive. But once you die, you're either in or out.

We who follow Jesus have decided that we're good with a one way trip.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them,[fn] embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. 15 And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.​

then you're not talking about the Bridge that is Jesus.
I am.
Which is it, Steve?

"once you die, you're either in or out"
OR
I'm "not talking about the Bridge that is Jesus" when I say that one side is bound for damnation and the other for salvation?

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth!

Whatsisface

No. I was quite clear.

This doesn't sat what the tools are, where to find them or how to use them in any specific manner, which is what will count.

You've got nothing.

treeplanter

Here is what I have learned from Steve

If I want to build a fence, I'll need:

1. A hammer, nails-- lots and lots of nails
2. A long string
3. A string level
4. A saw of some kind--- a skill saw, hand saw
5. Possibly a screw gun, and screws--- lots of screws. #8 x 2" to 3"
6. A shovel
7. Either a post hole digger or an auger
8. A 4' level.
9. And enough lumber to meet the need for the length of the fence

If I want to verify that God exists and that He is worthy of my devotion, I'll need:

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?

SteveB

Which is it, Steve?

"once you die, you're either in or out"
OR
I'm "not talking about the Bridge that is Jesus" when I say that one side is bound for damnation and the other for salvation?

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth!
No.
That'd be you.
You want to walk in sin, dismiss the gospel, call YHVH a monster, and whatever other lies suit your beliefs, and then cross the bridge into paradise.
I think you
Here is what I have learned from Steve

If I want to build a fence, I'll need:

1. A hammer, nails-- lots and lots of nails
2. A long string
3. A string level
4. A saw of some kind--- a skill saw, hand saw
5. Possibly a screw gun, and screws--- lots of screws. #8 x 2" to 3"
6. A shovel
7. Either a post hole digger or an auger
8. A 4' level.
9. And enough lumber to meet the need for the length of the fence

If I want to verify that God exists and that He is worthy of my devotion, I'll need:

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
Ironic.
I'm surprised you've chosen to be so disingenuous here.
I recall a few times when you repeated, verbatim what is entailed in knowing God.
Why would you now play ignorant to yourself?

treeplanter

No.
That'd be you.
You want to walk in sin, dismiss the gospel, call YHVH a monster, and whatever other lies suit your beliefs, and then cross the bridge into paradise.
I think you

Ironic.
I'm surprised you've chosen to be so disingenuous here.
I recall a few times when you repeated, verbatim what is entailed in knowing God.
Why would you now play ignorant to yourself?
No, Steve - I DO NOT WANT TO CROSS THE BRIDGE TO 'PARADISE'...
I believe that God is an immoral thug and I want NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM!!!
I have made that perfectly clear for as long as I have been on CARM

Have you ever read anything I have written with a purpose of learning and understanding?
It's almost as if you see and hear only your preconceived notions
How many posters have made this same or similar remark to you?
At some point, you have to acknowledge that it is YOU who are the problem...

That's funny, I don't recall, ever, sharing with you or anyone else for that matter, what knowing God entails

What I HAVE repeatedly spelled out for you, verbatim, is that which is entailed in knowing that God is utterly unworthy of your devotion!!!

Namely, among other horrific things, that He drowned babies, advocated for slavery, and commanded His followers to kill unbelievers
And that you, like most every other human being on earth, consider these things to be immoral and evil
And that, therefore, God IS UNWORTHY

docphin5

Bingo!

Thank you.

the tools provided by God.
All of which may be known by reading the bible.
Hey Steve, the Jews read their Bible and come to a completely different conclusion than you. So who we gonna believe? You!?

This is where you say, but they got it wrong.

And I say, that is what everybody says who think they understand it better, to include myself.

Unfortunately, your solution is not that simple.

SteveB

No, Steve - I DO NOT WANT TO CROSS THE BRIDGE TO 'PARADISE'...
I believe that God is an immoral thug and I want NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM!!!
I have made that perfectly clear for as long as I have been on CARM

Have you ever read anything I have written with a purpose of learning and understanding?
It's almost as if you see and hear only your preconceived notions
How many posters have made this same or similar remark to you?
At some point, you have to acknowledge that it is YOU who are the problem...

That's funny, I don't recall, ever, sharing with you or anyone else for that matter, what knowing God entails

What I HAVE repeatedly spelled out for you, verbatim, is that which is entailed in knowing that God is utterly unworthy of your devotion!!!

Namely, among other horrific things, that He drowned babies, advocated for slavery, and commanded His followers to kill unbelievers
And that you, like most every other human being on earth, consider these things to be immoral and evil
And that, therefore, God IS UNWORTHY
Then you'll get exactly what you want.

An eternity separated from him.