Who is the boss?

Truther

Good 'ol Truther theology...

Then Peter said unto them, Repent for whatever reason, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, and you better not follow the command of Jesus we heard a couple of days ago, for the remission of sins, after all, remission of sins come from ritualistic baptism with the correct wording being invoked, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. The KJV according to Truther

See, anyone can abuse Scripture like this. Are you done wasting time?

Humans do not remit their own sins at all, especially via rituals and spell casting. Jesus remits the sins of Christians. Again, we Trinitarians are not pagans on our way to hellfire, but you teach
"in the name of Jesus" is a magic phrase that saves people. Such is paganism! It's paganism because you are believing in the power of words as opposed to the power of God. You are literally a modern day version of Simon the sorcerer. Peter believed what Jesus taught: "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."John 3:36, and he would have throw you out of the Church with Simon the sorcerer for rejecting the teachings of Jesus and embracing paganism.

God Bless
Correction.

Trutherology....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,....

Correction.

Trutherology....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,....
Not done wasting time I see? Is it fun ignoring the half of Acts 2:38 and the rest of Scripture to justify your dogma?

Humans do not remit their own sins at all, especially via rituals and spell casting. Jesus remits the sins of Christians. Again, we Trinitarians are not pagans on our way to hellfire, but you teach
"in the name of Jesus" is a magic phrase that saves people. Such is paganism! It's paganism because you are believing in the power of words as opposed to the power of God. You are literally a modern day version of Simon the sorcerer. Peter believed what Jesus taught: "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."John 3:36, and he would have throw you out of the Church with Simon the sorcerer for rejecting the teachings of Jesus and embracing paganism.

God Bless

Truther

Not done wasting time I see? Is it fun ignoring the half of Acts 2:38 and the rest of Scripture to justify your dogma?

God Bless
Being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of one's sins is a waste of time?

I trow not!

Being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of one's sins is a waste of time?

I trow not!

Playing word games is a waste of time, and that's not what Peter said in Acts 2:38. Stop abusing Scripture.

God Bless

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

It looks like to me God and Christ are not co-equal after all.

More like there is one God who is the boss over an individual man.
Just like Christ is our Lord and God, God is his(Jesus') Lord and God.
Jesus the MAN was subject to the Father...As GOD he was EQUAL...Need a study on the INCARNATION.

Truther

Adam is not God but God came in the likeness of Adam - Phil 2:5-7. If it were not so no one would have been saved.
No, the 1st Adam was made in the likeness of the future last Adam...

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
I did recognized your question for what it is.
AV Mt 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Let us be careful to discern purpose from fulfillment.

AV Jn 3:5-6 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Do you believe that Jesus got baptized for Himself or for others to claim as righteousness ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Truther

Prologue:
I did recognized your question for what it is.

AV Mt 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Let us be careful to discern purpose from fulfillment.

AV Jn 3:5-6 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Do you believe that Jesus got baptized for Himself or for others to claim as righteousness ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Hi Michael.

The church started in Acts 2.

The events in the O.T. are irrelevant to the N.T. church.

We are N.T. believers, and are instructed to obey Acts 2:38 now.

All Zacchaeus had to do was climb a tree to get salvation in the O.T.

That is not the N.T. command of Christ for us since the founding of the Church per Acts 2.

SDAchristian

Hi Michael.
Hello Truther !!! Ready for some apologetics then ???

I will start, right where you left me.
The church started in Acts 2.
We are N.T. believers, and are instructed to obey Acts 2:38 now.
AV Ac 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I assume you are ready to defend this verse as a defining NT Church statement, Right ???

My understanding of OC/OT to NC/NT was how GOD asked his people to make "the remission of sins".

AV Mt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Your challenge by me for apologetics, did GOD changed the definition of "sins", that Jesus' NT blood "shed for" ???

That is not the N.T. command of Christ for us since the founding of the Church per Acts 2.
In your viewpoint, What is the difference between Jesus being baptized, Jesus' baptize command and Peter's baptize command ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

AV Jn 5:45-47 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is [one] that accuseth you, [even] Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

How can you understand Jesus properly without the words Moses shared in the OT ???

Did Jesus lie about Moses' writings then, per your viewpoint ???

AV Hb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, [that] thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

In the mount, who show Moses around the sanctuary about Jesus' ministry there ???

AV Ga 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus taught Paul too.

AV 1C 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Are you going to argue with Paul too ???

BTW, There is more of Paul coming too !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Truther

AV Ac 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I assume you are ready to defend this verse as a defining NT Church statement, Right ???

My understanding of OC/OT to NC/NT was how GOD asked his people to make "the remission of sins".

AV Mt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Your challenge by me for apologetics, did GOD changed the definition of "sins", that Jesus' NT blood "shed for" ???

In your viewpoint, What is the difference between Jesus being baptized, Jesus' baptize command and Peter's baptize command ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
You just explained it for me.

You tied Acts 2:38 to the blood of Jesus.

Now, the baptism of Jesus was unnecessary to remit his "sin", as others were because Jesus was sinless. John balked at it, saying he was the lamb of God.

However, Jesus told him to do it anyway, to "fulfill all righteousness'(fulfill the laver ritual in the tabernacle).

We are not the lamb of God, but the folks the lamb shed his blood for, so we must now(N.T.) obey Acts 2:38 to acquire remission of sins.

Anthony

No, the 1st Adam was made in the likeness of the future last Adam...

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

That's only part of the whole scriptures. Phil 2:5-7 gives you the complete truth.

Besides read 1Cor 15:47

The first man {\i is} of the earth, earthy: the second man {\i is} YAHUAH from heaven.

ܒܪܢܫܐ ܩܕܡܝܐ ܥܦܪܢܐ ܕܡܢ ܐܪܥܐ ܒܪܢܫܐ ܕܬܪܝܢ ܡܪܝܐ ܡܢ ܫܡܝܐ
47 The first son of man, is of the dust, which is from the Earth, the second Son of Man, is MarYa {Lord-YHWH}, from the Shmaya {the Heavens}.

Truther

That's only part of the whole scriptures. Phil 2:5-7 gives you the complete truth.

Besides read 1Cor 15:47

The first man {\i is} of the earth, earthy: the second man {\i is} YAHUAH from heaven.

ܒܪܢܫܐ ܩܕܡܝܐ ܥܦܪܢܐ ܕܡܢ ܐܪܥܐ ܒܪܢܫܐ ܕܬܪܝܢ ܡܪܝܐ ܡܢ ܫܡܝܐ
47 The first son of man, is of the dust, which is from the Earth, the second Son of Man, is MarYa {Lord-YHWH}, from the Shmaya {the Heavens}.
The last Adam is from heaven...present tense as written.

Also, God did not have a power struggle in heaven(thought it not robbery to be equal with Himself).

That was a human son that thought it not robbery....

all4Him

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

It looks like to me God and Christ are not co-equal after all.

More like there is one God who is the boss over an individual man.

Just like Christ is our Lord and God, God is his(Jesus') Lord and God.
Are you saying that a man and woman are not co-equal? I assure you that I am co-equal with my wife regardless of my position as her husband.

all4Him

Yours in Christ, Michael
You are correct. The purpose of the shedding of his blood of the New Covenant was to remove (forgive) sins.

1Jn 1:7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Apparently the blood of Jesus is not enough to save our Oneness friends.

SDAchristian

all4Him, Thank you for your words !!!

Prologue:
AV Ga 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
You are correct. The purpose of the shedding of his blood of the New Covenant was to remove (forgive) sins.
1Jn 1:7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
Apparently the blood of Jesus is not enough to save our Oneness friends.
AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

This verse has the potential of removing eternal life from a lot of "Christians". Because they will not acknowledge Jesus in the GODhead, as the source of all Truth.

AV Jn 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

There is a great sorting coming from Jesus, goats are unable to recognize sheep or Jesus their Shepard.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Truther

Are you saying that a man and woman are not co-equal? I assure you that I am co-equal with my wife regardless of my position as her husband.
Well, I used to be 6' and my wife pounded me down to 5'6".

How tall were you when you were first married? :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, at least Christ has a boss, which is his head, God.

all4Him

Well, I used to be 6' and my wife pounded me down to 5'6".

How tall were you when you were first married? :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, at least Christ has a boss, which is his head, God.
what does height have to do with men and women being co-equal in nature?