Who is the Coming Prince in Daniel 9:26?

Arkycharlie

Below are two English translations of Daniel 9:26:

New American Standard Bible
Then after the sixty-two weeks, the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
But after the sixty-two sets of seven time periods, the Anointed One will be cut off and have nothing. The city and the holy place will be destroyed with the prince who is to come. His end will come with a flood until the end of the destructive war that has been determined.

The NASB is based on the Masoretic text. The God’s Word translation is based on the LXX. This is perhaps the single most significant verse in the OT pertaining to end times eschatology. Get it wrong and your eschatology is a house of cards. The key question is, who is the Coming Prince? I'll give you a hint. It's probably not who you think it is!

Tonyg

Dan 9:26 LXXE And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations.

See habakkuk to 3:00 and Hebrews 10:37.

Hebrews would have been written about 60 ad. The writer was referring to Titus though his identity was not yet known. But writing in 60 AD the writer said he who is to come, to them, shall come and will not tarry. Why else would he write encouragement to those individuals to remain vigilant.?

Truth7t7

Dan 9:26 LXXE And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations.

See habakkuk to 3:00 and Hebrews 10:37.

Hebrews would have been written about 60 ad. The writer was referring to Titus though his identity was not yet known. But writing in 60 AD the writer said he who is to come, to them, shall come and will not tarry. Why else would he write encouragement to those individuals to remain vigilant.?
(Preterism)

No Titus wasnt the Antichrist in the 70AD destruction of Jerusalem

The Antichrist of Daniel, And Thessalonians below is (Future) unfulfilled.

Daniel 11:37KJV
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

2 Thessalonians 2:3KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Tonyg

(Preterism)

No Titus wasnt the Antichrist in the 70AD destruction of Jerusalem

The Antichrist of Daniel, And Thessalonians below is (Future) unfulfilled.

Daniel 11:37KJV
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

2 Thessalonians 2:3KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Where did I say that he who was to come was referring to the antichrist,? John is the only one who talks of an antichrist and of his letters were written post 70 AD that I would agree that the Antichrist was future too the first generation. But Daniel 7:26 is not referring to an antichrist it's referring to He who shall come the same as Hebrews 10:37. Did the people of Titus destroy the temple in the city? Sure they did just as prophesied!

The Antichrist is a different figure altogether. Modern theologians have sourced John's comments from Daniel 9:26 but in studying the context of Daniel chapter 9 and knowing that he is confessing the sin of Deuteronomy chapter 30:1-3 in order for his Nation to be released from exile. The angel then comes to bring 4 83 years between the release from captivity of Deuteronomy 30:5 and the circumcision of and new heart of the New covenant, delivered by Christ in Deuteronomy 30 6 through 8 and 11 through 15.

thus the covenant confirmed with many in Jerusalem and Judea is the New covenant confirmed by Christ and established from 27 through 33 ad including the indwelling of the holy Spirit as part of that covenant with man and God.

The source scripture for the antichrist, I found to be Isaiah chapter 8 verse 1 3 and 8 and Isaiah 7:8. He is in contrast with the prophecy of the manual of Isaiah 9 6 and 7. Therefore Antichrist is anti-emmanual of Isaiah 7 through 9 not anti Messiah of Daniel 9.

I believe Antichrist was found to be Simon bar kosova of the bar kosova revolt dated 132 to 135 ad. he was anointed by the Sanhedrin as the Messiah and the star of Jacob prophesied in numbers. But he turned out to be a ruthless dictator to loot and plunder not only his own people but to attempt to loot and plunder the way of peace established by Christ and the Christians.

If you think that Daniel is referring to get future things then you will project those prophecies into the future.

My understanding is that the prophets too Israel prophesied of events, things and times that would be fulfilled within the time frame of the existence of their nation and during the establishment of the new, everlasting covenant by Christ which was to cause the nation of the first covenant to cease as proclaimed by Moses when the first covenant nation was established through the book of Deuteronomy.. These prophecies too and about the nation would include that all of Daniel's prophecies.

Truth7t7

Where did I say that he who was to come was referring to the antichrist,? John is the only one who talks of an antichrist and of his letters were written post 70 AD that I would agree that the Antichrist was future too the first generation. But Daniel 7:26 is not referring to an antichrist it's referring to He who shall come the same as Hebrews 10:37. Did the people of Titus destroy the temple in the city? Sure they did just as prophesied!

The Antichrist is a different figure altogether. Modern theologians have sourced John's comments from Daniel 9:26 but in studying the context of Daniel chapter 9 and knowing that he is confessing the sin of Deuteronomy chapter 30:1-3 in order for his Nation to be released from exile. The angel then comes to bring 4 83 years between the release from captivity of Deuteronomy 30:5 and the circumcision of and new heart of the New covenant, delivered by Christ in Deuteronomy 30 6 through 8 and 11 through 15.

thus the covenant confirmed with many in Jerusalem and Judea is the New covenant confirmed by Christ and established from 27 through 33 ad including the indwelling of the holy Spirit as part of that covenant with man and God.

The source scripture for the antichrist, I found to be Isaiah chapter 8 verse 1 3 and 8 and Isaiah 7:8. He is in contrast with the prophecy of the manual of Isaiah 9 6 and 7. Therefore Antichrist is anti-emmanual of Isaiah 7 through 9 not anti Messiah of Daniel 9.

I believe Antichrist was found to be Simon bar kosova of the bar kosova revolt dated 132 to 135 ad. he was anointed by the Sanhedrin as the Messiah and the star of Jacob prophesied in numbers. But he turned out to be a ruthless dictator to loot and plunder not only his own people but to attempt to loot and plunder the way of peace established by Christ and the Christians.

If you think that Daniel is referring to get future things then you will project those prophecies into the future.

My understanding is that the prophets too Israel prophesied of events, things and times that would be fulfilled within the time frame of the existence of their nation and during the establishment of the new, everlasting covenant by Christ which was to cause the nation of the first covenant to cease as proclaimed by Moses when the first covenant nation was established through the book of Deuteronomy.. These prophecies too and about the nation would include that all of Daniel's prophecies.
I disagree, Daniel 7:25-26,9:27 & Revelation 13:4-6KJV are all the same guy, the antichrist, the beast, the man of sin, the little horn, and he's gonna be around until the (Future) (Consummation) Or (The End)

Daniel 7:25-26KJV

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

Daniel 9:27KJV

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Revelation 13:4-6KJV
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Pretty hard for (The Antichrist,The Little Horn,The Beast) of Daniel and Revelation to be (Simon bar kosova in 135AD)?

Scripture clearly teaches he will be present on earth to witness the (Future) second coming and final judgement, when his human body is cast into the lake of fire?

Daniel 7:9-11KJV

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Revelation 19:19-20KJV

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Last edited:

Tonyg

I disagree, Daniel 7:25-26,9:27 & Revelation 13:4-6KJV are all the same guy, the antichrist, the beast, the man of sin, the little horn, and he's gonna be around until the (Future) (Consummation) Or (The End)

Daniel 7:25-26KJV

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

Daniel 9:27KJV

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Revelation 13:4-6KJV
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
But where is the word Antichrist in Daniel 9:00 or Daniel 7 or Revelation 13? The word is beast not Antichrist. Agreed to be swear rulers of kingdoms of which were four and Daniel chapter 7. But as Paul affirmed all the prophets wrote of the days in which they were living in, therefore the prophecies were being fulfilled in the apostles day. It was the end of the Mosaic covenant era, not the end of the world.

The wars were to continue until the end or until the consummation or fulfillment. All that that was referring to was the consummation of the prophecies of Moses about the nation of israel. Which nation terminated with the everlasting covenant which supplanted the Mosaic covenant. This is Christianity 101, why so difficult to understand and receive.

Read the book of Deuteronomy from beginning to end imagining yourself standing beside Moses as he utters the words. At the end of the speech he gives description of the last generation when the rock and law of Christ is not the same as the rock of Israel meaning the law of moses..

All prophecies of the Old testament and the explanations of the New testament were contained within the time frame of Deuteronomy chapter 1 through Deuteronomy chapter 32 with the exception of the prophecy of Gog and mega which I believe was 132 to 135 ad.

The prophets to Israel wasn't written to the world but the prophecies were written to the people of that covenant but for the world to see and correlate to freedom from identic death also.

Tonyg

Pretty hard for (The Antichrist,The Little Horn,The Beast) of Daniel and Revelation to be (Simon bar kosova in 135AD)?

Scripture clearly teaches he will be present on earth to witness the (Future) second coming and final judgement, when his human body is cast into the lake of fire?

Daniel 7:9-11KJV

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Again beast is not equal to Antichrist. John is the only person to mention an antichrist. He was told in Revelation 10 that he must prophesy again concerning many nations languages and tongues. that implies or declares that after he was released from Patmos there would be events to yet occur which he would prophesy about. His letters contain a prophecy of an antichrist.

Since John was released from Patmos after the death of Nero then his letters would have been written sometime in the late seventies to early 90s. He talks of a yet future Antichrist which again I believe turned out to be Simon bar kosova. He came on the scene 65 years after the destruction of the Temple and the full lifespan of messiah.

New project these events to correlate with a yet future second coming of christ. and yet Christ himself said that there would be those standing there with him who would not die until they saw him coming in the clouds of Glory. Doesn't get much more playing than that does it. Haven't you heard of his coming in the clouds of Glory on May 2nd 66 ad? Both tactics and Josephus recorded the event independently from each other. He came through the Roman armies to relieve the persecution that was being administered through both the Jews and the Romans. The Romans turned there persecution against the Jews while the Jews forgot about the Christians for a while and the Christians escaped to the decapolis or the mountains as they were instructed in the olivet

Surely you've heard of these things haven't you?

Arkycharlie

Well, Tonyg gave the correct answer to my question. The Coming Prince of Daniel 9:26 is Messiah the Prince, ie, Jesus Christ. But, he was all downhill after that. Predictably, t7 gave us his 2 cents worth and correctly identified the AC as waiting to be revealed in his time (the near future) but the Coming Prince of Daniel 26 (not 27 t7) is most certainly not the AC. The problem here is that we’re all so far apart in our opinions and understanding that there is little common ground that would allow for perhaps some constructive dialogue. That said, I see little to be gained by me in trying to reply to either responder. We’re all set in our ways and not about to back down. I had hoped for better but it is what it is

And the man who will soon be revealed to be the AC is Jordan’s King Abdullah II. I guarantee that!

Tonyg

The Coming Prince of Daniel 9:26 is Messiah the Prince, ie, Jesus Christ
Well, you misrepresented what I did comment. The people of the prince who was to come who destroyed the city and sanctuary was the Romans under Titus. I suppose an analogy could be made that the temple was destroyed because a Christian stood fast on the doctrine of Christ and left Judaism and the Mosaic covenant and its Temple thereby causing along with Christ the sacrifice and oblation to cease. But that's not what I had commented.

Hebrews 10:37 I believe alludes to Daniel 9:26. And it referred to Titus though his name was not yet revealed. The prophecy of Deuteronomy 32:42 which stated that God would exact his vengeance upon the persecuting Jews through the heads of the leaders of Israel's enemies. We could almost assimilate Titus and his coming with Jesus and his coming. This is also what Isaiah 59 prophesied

Tonyg

And the man who will soon be revealed to be the AC is Jordan’s King Abdullah II. I guarantee that!
I'll guarantee that it's not, I am convinced that it was Simon bar kosola, but I'm sure that world agencies are interested in your prophetic interpretation and understanding

Truth7t7

Well, Tonyg gave the correct answer to my question. The Coming Prince of Daniel 9:26 is Messiah the Prince, ie, Jesus Christ. But, he was all downhill after that. Predictably, t7 gave us his 2 cents worth and correctly identified the AC as waiting to be revealed in his time (the near future) but the Coming Prince of Daniel 26 (not 27 t7) is most certainly not the AC. The problem here is that we’re all so far apart in our opinions and understanding that there is little common ground that would allow for perhaps some constructive dialogue. That said, I see little to be gained by me in trying to reply to either responder. We’re all set in our ways and not about to back down. I had hoped for better but it is what it is

Your claim is in (Error)

Verse 25: The Jews will build to their awaited upon (Messiah the Prince) who is Jesus Christ that they rejected, you will note all caps (Deity)

Verse 26: (Error) "the prince that shall come" is lower case (Not Deity) it's that simple.

Daniel 9:25-26KJV

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Truth7t7

The NASB is based on the Masoretic text. The God’s Word translation is based on the LXX. This is perhaps the single most significant verse in the OT pertaining to end times eschatology. Get it wrong and your eschatology is a house of cards. The key question is, who is the Coming Prince? I'll give you a hint. It's probably not who you think it is!
The NASB claims to follow the Masoretic Text, That The KJV Used?

The NASB follows the corruptions of the Masoretic Text, at the hands of Rudolph Kittel, Hitlers High Priest, and this Hebrew Translation Has Seen Many revisions since.

Wikipedia: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia
, abbreviated as BHS or rarely BH4, is an edition of the Masoretic Text of the Hebrew Bible as preserved in the Leningrad Codex, and supplemented by masoretic and text-critical notes. It is the fourth edition in the Biblia Hebraica series started by Rudolf Kittel and is published by the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft (German Bible Society) in Stuttgart.

Wikipedia: New American Standard Bible
Abbreviation:NASB (uncommonly abbreviated as NAS)
NT published:1963
Complete Bible, published:1971
Derived from:American Standard Version
Textual basis:OT: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, Biblia Hebraica Quinta (for books available), additional sources, NT: Novum Testamentum Graece (28th ed, 2012), Editio Critica Maior (2nd ed, where Greek manuscripts available)
Translation type:Formal equivalence
Reading level:10.0
Version revision:1977, 1995, 2020
Publisher:The Lockman Foundation

Truth7t7

Again beast is not equal to Antichrist. John is the only person to mention an antichrist. He was told in Revelation 10 that he must prophesy again concerning many nations languages and tongues. that implies or declares that after he was released from Patmos there would be events to yet occur which he would prophesy about. His letters contain a prophecy of an antichrist.

Since John was released from Patmos after the death of Nero then his letters would have been written sometime in the late seventies to early 90s. He talks of a yet future Antichrist which again I believe turned out to be Simon bar kosova. He came on the scene 65 years after the destruction of the Temple and the full lifespan of messiah.

New project these events to correlate with a yet future second coming of christ. and yet Christ himself said that there would be those standing there with him who would not die until they saw him coming in the clouds of Glory. Doesn't get much more playing than that does it. Haven't you heard of his coming in the clouds of Glory on May 2nd 66 ad? Both tactics and Josephus recorded the event independently from each other. He came through the Roman armies to relieve the persecution that was being administered through both the Jews and the Romans. The Romans turned there persecution against the Jews while the Jews forgot about the Christians for a while and the Christians escaped to the decapolis or the mountains as they were instructed in the olivet

We Will Disagree :)

Your Claim Of John's (Antichrist/The Beast) being (Simon bar kosovar in 135AD) is clearly proven wrong by scripture.

As seen below, the Lord Jesus returns in the second coming and final judgement, as The Beast and False Prophet are judged to the Lake of Fire

The event seen below is (Future) unfulfilled.

Timtofly

Now project these events to correlate with a yet future second coming of christ. and yet Christ himself said that there would be those standing there with him who would not die until they saw him coming in the clouds of Glory. Doesn't get much more playing than that does it. Haven't you heard of his coming in the clouds of Glory on May 2nd 66 ad? Both tactics and Josephus recorded the event independently from each other. He came through the Roman armies to relieve the persecution that was being administered through both the Jews and the Romans. The Romans turned their persecution against the Jews while the Jews forgot about the Christians for a while and the Christians escaped to the decapolis or the mountains as they were instructed in the olivet

Why did the early church, not claim, Paul's promise of the return was fulfilled then? Why did the church go on to dictate life contrary to the promises of the book of Hebrews?

Arkycharlie

Well, you misrepresented what I did comment. The people of the prince who was to come who destroyed the city and sanctuary was the Romans under Titus. I suppose an analogy could be made that the temple was destroyed because a Christian stood fast on the doctrine of Christ and left Judaism and the Mosaic covenant and its Temple thereby causing along with Christ the sacrifice and oblation to cease. But that's not what I had commented.

Hebrews 10:37 I believe alludes to Daniel 9:26. And it referred to Titus though his name was not yet revealed. The prophecy of Deuteronomy 32:42 which stated that God would exact his vengeance upon the persecuting Jews through the heads of the leaders of Israel's enemies. We could almost assimilate Titus and his coming with Jesus and his coming. This is also what Isaiah 59 prophesied
Daniel 9:26-27
26 Then after the sixty-two weeks, the [a]Messiah will be cut off and have [b]nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And [c]its end will come with a flood; even to the end [d]there will be war; desolations are determined.​
27 And He will confirm a covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of [e]abominations will come the one who [f]makes desolate, until a complete destruction, one that is [g]decreed, gushes forth on the one who [h]makes desolate.”​

My question was: Who is the Coming Prince in Daniel 9:26?

I said: Well, Tonyg gave the correct answer to my question. The Coming Prince of Daniel 9:26 is Messiah the Prince, ie, Jesus Christ.

You wrote: "thus the covenant confirmed with many in Jerusalem and Judea is the New covenant confirmed by Christ and established from 27 through 33 ad including the indwelling of the holy Spirit as part of that covenant with man and God."

I agree with your assertion that the covenant with many was “confirmed” by Christ, thus making Him “the Coming Prince” of Daniel 9:26. So how have I misrepresented what you wrote?

Arkycharlie

Your claim is in (Error)

Verse 25: The Jews will build to their awaited upon (Messiah the Prince) who is Jesus Christ that they rejected, you will note all caps (Deity)
Verse 26: (Error) "the prince that shall come" is lower case (Not Deity) it's that simple.
Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia

Daniel 9:25-26KJV

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
You are correct that I misspoke regarding Dan. 9:27. My bad!

However, this is utter nonsense: Verse 26: (Error) "the prince that shall come" is lower case (Not Deity) it's that simple.

To begin with, Hebrew does not have lowercase letters. So any decision regarding such letters is made by the translators. In this case, the decision to use an upper or lower case "p" in prince is a matter of interpretation, not Hebrew grammar. And Daniel 9:26 has probably the worst mistranslation in the OT that led to the decision to make "prince" lowercase. That said, the Lord allowed it in order to assure that Daniel would remain sealed and concealed until the appointed time of the end. So tell me, why does the God's Word translation contain no reference to "people"? Since you have no idea why, I predict that you will ignore this question as is often your habit.

Arkycharlie

The NASB claims to follow the Masoretic Text, That The KJV Used?

The NASB follows the corruptions of the Masoretic Text, at the hands of Rudolph Kittel, Hitlers High Priest, and this Hebrew Translation Has Seen Many revisions since.
Serious assertions without a shred of evidence presented. Since Rudolph Kittel died in 1929, when did he serve as "Hitler's high priest?

Since you're such an expert on the Masoretic text, what kinds of errors are found in the MT and could you give us 2 or 3 examples? And what do you mean by "this Hebrew Translation". Are you referring to the MT as a "translation"? If so, please elaborate.

Arkycharlie

I'll guarantee that it's not, I am convinced that it was Simon bar kosola, but I'm sure that world agencies are interested in your prophetic interpretation and understanding
Your guarantee is worthless. Do you know that the OT tells us the nation in which he will arise? And it's not Israel. It's the same nation where he will meet his end! That should narrow it down considerably for you!

Truth7t7

You are correct that I misspoke regarding Dan. 9:27. My bad!

However, this is utter nonsense: Verse 26: (Error) "the prince that shall come" is lower case (Not Deity) it's that simple.

To begin with, Hebrew does not have lowercase letters. So any decision regarding such letters is made by the translators. In this case, the decision to use an upper or lower case "p" in prince is a matter of interpretation, not Hebrew grammar. And Daniel 9:26 has probably the worst mistranslation in the OT that led to the decision to make "prince" lowercase. That said, the Lord allowed it in order to assure that Daniel would remain sealed and concealed until the appointed time of the end. So tell me, why does the God's Word translation contain no reference to "people"? Since you have no idea why, I predict that you will ignore this question as is often your habit.
You now have a conspiracy on the word (prince) in Daniel 9:26 being in lower case, it has been hidden to conceal secret knowledge unto the end, the Lord allowed a mistranslation, that should be capital (P) showing Diety?

Real Big Smiles, Real Big!
:giggle:

Daniel 9:26KJV

Last edited: