Who is the God of.... Jesus Christ?

Who told you that?

2 Pe 1:4 are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

That doesn't say that we become divine.
It means that we take part in GOD's divine nature.
We don't get a divine nature of our own.

So once again, where does the Bible EVER teach that one can "become" divine?

You actually sound like a Mormon.
They teach (like you) that man "becomes" divine.

The Bible, OTOH, teaches that Divinity BECAME man.

I added the part that has nothing to do with your misstatement here:
Post in thread 'Who is the God of.... Jesus Christ?'
https://forums.carm.org/threads/who-is-the-god-of-jesus-christ.1678/post-129230

Now can you explain why the inconsistency?

You said:
Then I'll help you see it. You said, "God is supreme over the human Jesus."

Jesus is not a human. If you had said "God was supreme over the human Jesus," I would likely agree with you.
Now you are ok with LN that the Word became a human being?

BDAG lists J 1:14 under γινομαι double nom.:
W. double nom. (Ps.-Apollod., Epit. 3, 15 δράκων λίθος ἐγένετο; Quint. Smyrn. 12, 507; Bel 28; 4 Macc 18:7) οἱ λίθοι ἄρτοι γίνονται the stones turn into loaves Mt 4:3. τὸ αἵμα αὐτοῦ λίθον γεγενημένον GJs 24:3. ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο J 1:14

Notice Mt 4:3 with loaves becoming bread, same syntax.

So you are ok with the Word became a human being from Louw-Nida but not the Word is a human being?

Would the stone become bread and then you say the stone is not bread?
I didn't make a mistake, and I have not been inconsistent. I'll help you once more. Your statement "God is supreme over the human Jesus" suggested that you believe that Jesus is currently a human being and that God is currently supreme over him. Neither of these things is true. Jesus is not currently a human being, and God is not currently supreme over him. Jesus is divine and in subjection to God.

OR that it was only when he WAS a man...but they believe he still IS one- a Godman-Without-Blood...in Heaven with a Ghost, and Mean Godfather...

OR that it was only when he WAS a man...but they believe he still IS one- a Godman-Without-Blood...in Heaven with a Ghost, and Mean Godfather...

So are you here for any reason other than to mock others in your ignorance?
Because all you're doing is confirming that we have truth, and you have no valid criticisms.

I didn't make a mistake, and I have not been inconsistent. I'll help you once more. Your statement "God is supreme over the human Jesus" suggested that you believe that Jesus is currently a human being and that God is currently supreme over him. Neither of these things is true. Jesus is not currently a human being, and God is not currently supreme over him. Jesus is divine and in subjection to God.

That's not it. You don't believe Jesus was a human being when he was on the earth.

But LN said, The Word became a human being. If the the stone became bread, is was bread. Since the Word became flesh with the same word and syntax, why was Jesus not a human being in the first century?

If he was, then say so clearly. I don't believe you considered Jesus to be a human being then.

So are you here for any reason other than to mock others in your ignorance?
Because all you're doing is confirming that we have truth, and you have no valid criticisms.
Well, prove me wrong!
Did the 'immortal soul' of Jesus enter the bloodless corpse on the 3rd day?

That's not it. You don't believe Jesus was a human being when he was on the earth.
Then you are mistaken.
But LN said, The Word became a human being. If the the stone became bread, is was bread. Since the Word became flesh with the same word and syntax, why was Jesus not a human being in the first century?

If he was, then say so clearly. I don't believe you considered Jesus to be a human being then.
As I said earlier, I have no idea where you came up with this notion. I don't care if you believe me or not. Like I said before, the truth doesn't change based on your perception of it.

What verse of the Bible says, "Jesus BECAME divine when begotten by Jehovah"?

(And FYI, someone who reads Hebrew wouldn't use the name, "Jehovah".)

Why should I bother? You don't believe he WAS begotten, but an Eternal 'God-Essence", like a divine perfume...

So, Trinnies- did ONE God (Jesus) serve ANOTHER God (Father, 'Holy Ghost'?)?

The question isn't correct: it's not "one God serving another God" - there is one God, three Persons. And of course Jesus served the Father; He (Jesus) also served men.

If the concept of Trinity doesn't make sense to you, good - it shouldn't. If we can fathom the composition of God (i.e. if God can fit inside our head), then that's a pretty small God. Dogs can't understand how a refrigerator works, and we shouldn't be able to understand the essence of God.

The question isn't correct: it's not "one God serving another God" - there is one God, three Persons. And of course Jesus served the Father; He (Jesus) also served men.

If the concept of Trinity doesn't make sense to you, good - it shouldn't. If we can fathom the composition of God (i.e. if God can fit inside our head), then that's a pretty small God. Dogs can't understand how a refrigerator works, and we shouldn't be able to understand the essence of God.
I guess you forget what the title "God" means; "the Almighty, Supreme Being".
He (not 'They'- no 'Co-Equal' God 'beings/persona/natures/essences) do not SERVE mankind, He has always tied to HELP us.
Jesus God and Father was and always WILL be GREATER than Jesus. (1 cor 15)

And, sorry to contradict your wonderful excuse- I know God very well, thank you!

Back