Who Is The Present Pope?

Hibernian

That's a bit of a silly question, considering that the answer is so obvious.

The present Pope is an Argentinian who is the head of state of a South Central European country called Vatican City.

Nothing more to see.

I feel so silly having to point this out because i could tell you to just Google it. It's just that some heads of state have some very weird and funny ideas about themselves.

Last edited:

Hibernian

The present Pope is an Argentinian who is the head of state of a South Central European country called Vatican City.

Nothing more to see.

I feel so silly having to point this out because i could tell you to just Google it. It's just that some heads of state have some very weird and funny ideas about themselves.
This South Central European country called Vatican City has some very strange customs. For example, they call their head of state the Pope, which is an English barbarization of the Greek word Pappas, meaning Daddy.

How weird can it get?

Hibernian

Best thing to do with pope is to put him into his correct position, rather than even contemplate the elevation that his own followers grant to him. You see it's very easy to prove that the Pope is Argentinian, so easy to prove that he's the head of state of the Vatican, and very easy to prove that the Vatican is a real country, but apart from that, what else can you prove about the Pope's bogus claims?

I'm not asking you to prove what the Pope says about himself by using the Pope's own words, or the words of any of his many predecessors, because the Pope himself claims that his power and authority is from God, so that's why the proof must also come from God, and not from the Pope.

jonathan_hili

Nothing more to see.

I don't get what you are trying to say.

Hibernian

I don't get what you are trying to say.
So why would you want to argue on the fake premise that the Pope is who he says he is?

The Pope is an Argentinian who is head of state in the Vatican. Nothing more. It's your problem if you believe that he really is who he says he is. Everyone is entitled to a fantasy.

jonathan_hili

So why would you want to argue on the fake premise that the Pope is who he says he is?

The Pope is an Argentinian who is head of state in the Vatican. Nothing more. It's your problem if you believe that he really is who he says he is. Everyone is entitled to a fantasy.
Yes, I know the pope is an Argentinian who is the head of Vatican state. What inference are you drawing from this though?

Hibernian

Yes, I know the pope is an Argentinian who is the head of Vatican state. What inference are you drawing from this though?
The inference is that that's all he is. Didn't you see where I wrote the words 'nothing more'? And 'nothing more to see?

I think pretending not to understand is a bad strategy.

jonathan_hili

The inference is that that's all he is. Didn't you see where I wrote the words 'nothing more'? And 'nothing more to see?

I think pretending not to understand is a bad strategy.
Oh is that what you meant. It was a bit confusing because you said: "The present pope is..." which suggests you think he's the present pope.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion.

Hibernian

Oh is that what you meant. It was a bit confusing because you said: "The present pope is..." which suggests you think he's the present pope.

What opinion? I didn't Express an opinion. What I said is that the present Pope is Argentinian. That is not an opinion. It's a fact.

Hibernian

He is the present Pope. Pope Francis is the present Pope. So I wasn't suggesting anything. I was stating facts.

Hibernian

Didn't you see where I wrote that pretending not to understand is a bad strategy?