Who is the Spirit of Prophecy?

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Hb 9:15-17 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
I am convinced that none of this has escaped your notice, because it was not done in a corner. Do you believe the prophets?
30 But God raised Jesus from the dead...
39 And by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
40 Beware therefore, lest what has been spoken in the prophets come upon you:
41 ‘Behold, you despisers, Marvel and perish!
For I work a work in your days,
A work which you will by no means believe,
Though one were to declare it to you.’ ” Acts 13:30-41
AV Ac 13:30-31 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

Okay, when did the NT take affect for GOD's people ???

Hint: Would "many days" be more than seven days ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

Prologue:
AV Hb 9:15-17 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance....

AV Ac 13:30-31 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

Okay, when did the NT take affect for GOD's people ???
He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.” Acts 5

SDAchristian

Please the previous chapter..
Romans 5:18 In other words, just as it was through one offence that all people came under condemnation, so also it is through one righteous act that all people come to be considered righteous. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man, many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the other man, many will be made righteous. 20 And the Torah came into the picture so that the offence would proliferate; but where sin proliferated, grace proliferated even more. 21 All this happened so that just as sin ruled by means of death, so also grace might rule through causing people to be considered righteous, so that they might have eternal life, through Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord.
Chapter and Verse numbering are NOT in any original writings, they are there today to make note taking and references much quicker for us in finding issues and note taking..
Matthew 25 is for Jesus' People to understand the spiritual reality of judgment.

Virgins were about knowing the Holy Spirit before midnight/judgment.
Talents were about proper stewardship of Jesus' Truths before the end/accountability in judgment.
The Flock of GOD, will be divided in judgment, by those who can recognize Jesus in others, and those who can not, before Jesus' advent.

Goats and the self deceived are synonymous to each other.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Lk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.” Acts 5
AV Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There will be no excuses, for getting caught by Jesus' advent in works of sin for the lost possessing sins.

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

Prologue:
AV Lk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

AV Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There will be no excuses, for getting caught by Jesus' advent in works of sin for the lost possessing sins.

Yours in Christ, Michael

God’s Righteous Judgment

Do you think you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His grace and patience, not knowing that His revealed goodness leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will repay each person according to his deeds: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life; 8 but to those who are self-serving and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, He will give wrath and indignation. Rom 2

rossh

so who invented the NT then ? No one, it is just simply a separation from the, Jewish/Hebrew only writings. Yeshua, came only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.. They rejected and killed Him ( had the Romans kill Him, and washed their hands of it, trying to rid their guilt )..
Also, to answer your ask, " Many Days " maybe more than 2,, or 3, or 4, or 5, or 6, or 7, or 8, or 9, etc; etc; et al. When is the Jewish sabbath day ? Does it co-inside with our Sunday or our Saturday ? The Jewish day ends/start at sunset NOT at our 12 midnight,BTW this is where the 3 days, in the grave came from..

JonHawk

so who invented the NT then ? No one,.....
And it shall come to pass, that as I have watched over them to pluck up, to break down, to throw down, to destroy, and to afflict, so I will watch over them to build and to plant, says the Lord.

No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” Jer 31:28-34

Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be My people; Jeremiah 24:7

Common Tater

What I find interesting, if the day of rest changed because of the cross, it would have been the most obvious change in Jesus' behavior after resurrection.

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

So why is that, a non-existent change that no one knows about in scriptures themselves, when Jesus walked on earth after resurrection ???

Not a murmur from any Jew ...

Yours in Christ, Michael
If you'd like to find out what any Jew thinks about Gentiles and the Sabbath, do a little reading. You'll find that the overwhelming majority recognize that it was a sign between God and Israel and did not/does not apply to non-Jews.

JonHawk

For this reason the people also met Him, because they heard that He had done this sign [raised the dead]. John 12:17-19

If you'd like to find out what any Jew thinks about Gentiles and the Sabbath, do a little reading. You'll find that the overwhelming majority recognize that it was a sign between God and Israel and did not/does not apply to non-Jews.
If he's a believing Jew, he would know that Christ is Lord of the Sabbath, if he does not believe, there is no rest for the wicked.

32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. 33 As it is written:

“Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” Rom 9

Last edited:

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Jn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Free from what ???
AV Gn 1:26 And God said, Let us make man{H120 'adam} in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
AV Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man{G444 anthropos} shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
AV Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power{G1849 exousia, authority} is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Who wants to steal Jesus' authority, by being above it ???

"If you'd like to find out what any Jew thinks about Gentiles and the Sabbath, do a little reading.", No Thank You !!! GOD's Word will always be in authority, above the word of a created man.

AV 1C 15:45 And so it is written, The{G3588 ho, the definite article} first man{G444 anthropos} Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.
Spiritual iterations abound.
AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The{G3588 ho, the definite article} sabbath was made for {G3588 ho, the definite article, in the Greek text}man{G444 anthropos}, and not man for the sabbath:

Examine the word usage of Paul versus Jesus, please tell me from your Point Of View, Who is lying ???

If they are both telling the Truth, Then sabbath(rest) is for all "man" since Adam.

Seeing you like hard questions:
AV Ex 32:32-33 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. 33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Who's authority changed{G4105 planao} rest from sabbath to first/sun day ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ga 6:15-18 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. 17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. 18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with your spirit. Amen. <<[To [the] Galatians written from Rome.]>>
You are preaching to the choir on these verses !!!

The main issue here is: Is getting anyone else to admit they are part of "Israel", in "to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews 5:10-12&version=NKJVYou are preaching to the choir on these verses !!!

AV Ga 6:15-18 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. ...

The main issue here is: Is getting anyone else to admit they are part of "Israel", in "to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."

Yours in Christ, Michael

Some choirs have been known to praise Him with their lips while their heart is far away from Him, so it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

Remember that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

And having a High Priest [of whom we have much to say] over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith; Heb 10:19-23

Last edited:

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

SDAchristian said:

AV Ga 6:15-18 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. ...

Yours in Christ, Michael

Some choirs have been known to praise Him with their lips while their heart is far away from Him, so it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

Remember that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. (Eph 2:12-13)

And having a High Priest [of whom we have much to say] over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith; Heb 10:19-23

Last edited:

101G

Addressing the OP, haven't read all the post,

but the Spirit of Prophecy, is the Holy Ghost, who is the Spirit of Christ.

THE HOLY GHOST.
Scripture, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST.
1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

PICJAG, 101G.

JonHawk

THE HOLY GHOST.
Scripture, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST.
1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the gl ory that should follow."

PICJAG, 101G.
He was declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.
Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,
among whom you also are called to belong to Jesus Christ; (Rom 1)

He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2Thess 2:13-14)

Formersda

THE HOLY GHOST.

THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST.
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

PICJAG, 101G.
Thank you for that, therefore, attributing that name to Ellen G White is blasphemy? That’s a name only God has and no one else can use that name.

That would constitute breaking the 3rd commandment. Exodus 20:7 You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

The Holy Spirit is God, God the Son, God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
Jesus makes it clear about this in Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples, baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

Formersda

Prologue:
AV Ga 6:15-18 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. 17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. 18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with your spirit. Amen. <<[To [the] Galatians written from Rome.]>>

Yours in Christ, Michael
Unless your under bondage no gentile will say they are Israel or part of Israel. If you want to be a part of Israel you need to keep the whole law, not just parts of the levitical laws in the book of Moses. You cannot add or subtract from the law.

So why don’t you obey all the levitical laws? where in the bible does it say that the law can be divided?

JonHawk

SDAchristian said:
Prologue:
AV Ga 6:15-18 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Unless your under bondage no gentile will say they are Israel or part of Israel. If you want to be a part of Israel you need to keep the whole law,...
And in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. (Col 2)

Formersda

SDAchristian said:
Prologue:
AV Ga 6:15-18 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

And in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. (Col 2)
Still doesn’t make me Israel, please note the end of verse 16, and upon the Israel of God. Notice the and…… there is still a promise to actual Israel which is a seperate promise

101G

Still doesn’t make me Israel, please note the end of verse 16, and upon the Israel of God. Notice the and…… there is still a promise to actual Israel which is a seperate promise
Maybe this can help, "Israel" here is Jacob.

PICJAG, 101g.