who is this man?

Praise be to God, a Muslim adheres to the words of the previous prophets and the words of the prophets Jesus and Muhammad, peace be upon them
This is not true, because if Muslims did then they would believe in Jesus because the previous scriptures all support Him as the Christians say. We believe Jesus because of the writings of Moses and the prophets and they confirm who He is and what He is, the Messiah who died for our sins and rose from the dead.

THE TITLES OF THE EGYPTIAN GOVERNORS IN THE QURAN

Moses was not the only prophet who lived on the lands of Egypt in ancient history. The prophet Joseph lived there before him.

We see a certain parallel reading the stories of Moses and Joseph. Addressing the Egyptian governor at the time of Joseph, the word "malik" is used in the Qur'an:

And the king said: Bring him unto me that I may attach him to my person. And when he had talked with him he said: Lo! thou art to-day in our presence established and trusted.. [Quran, Surah Yusuf 12:54]

On the contrary, the governor at the time of Moses is referred to as "Pharaoh":

And verily We gave unto Moses nine tokens, clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty). Do but ask the Children of Israel how he came unto them, then Pharaoh said unto him: Lo! I deem thee one bewitched, O Moses." [Quran, Surah Al-Isra 17: 101]

The historical chronicles that are available today show the reason for the different nomenclature of these governors. The word "pharaoh" was originally the name given to the royal palace in ancient Egypt. The governors of the old dynasty did not use this title. The use of the word pharaoh as the title of the governor did not begin until the time of the New Kingdom. This period begins with the 18th Dynasty (1532-1292 BC) and the word Pharaoh was adopted as a title of respect from the 20th Dynasty (945-730 BC).

The miraculous nature of the Quran is once again manifest: Joseph lived in the Old Kingdom era and so the word "malik" was used for the Egyptian governor rather than the "Pharaoh". On the other hand, as Moses lived in the time of the New Kingdom, the governor of Egypt is called "pharaoh".

There is no doubt that one must know the history of Egypt in order to make such a distinction. However, the history of ancient Egypt was completely forgotten from the 4th century because the hieroglyphs could no longer be deciphered and it was rediscovered only in the 19th century. Therefore, there was no detailed knowledge of Egyptian history when the Qur'an was revealed.
كيف ينبغي لنا الاستفادة من حياتنا ذاكر نايك مترجم
t=35s
يدخل الاسلام بسبب اطفال مسلمين تلاميذه في المدرسة يروي قصته كيف اسلم سبحان الله

Jon Dean A Scientist - Why I Converted To Islam

New Convert To Islam - How Islam Stole My Heart

THE TITLES OF THE EGYPTIAN GOVERNORS IN THE QURAN

Moses was not the only prophet who lived on the lands of Egypt in ancient history. The prophet Joseph lived there before him.

We see a certain parallel reading the stories of Moses and Joseph. Addressing the Egyptian governor at the time of Joseph, the word "malik" is used in the Qur'an:

And the king said: Bring him unto me that I may attach him to my person. And when he had talked with him he said: Lo! thou art to-day in our presence established and trusted.. [Quran, Surah Yusuf 12:54]

On the contrary, the governor at the time of Moses is referred to as "Pharaoh":

And verily We gave unto Moses nine tokens, clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty). Do but ask the Children of Israel how he came unto them, then Pharaoh said unto him: Lo! I deem thee one bewitched, O Moses." [Quran, Surah Al-Isra 17: 101]

The historical chronicles that are available today show the reason for the different nomenclature of these governors. The word "pharaoh" was originally the name given to the royal palace in ancient Egypt. The governors of the old dynasty did not use this title. The use of the word pharaoh as the title of the governor did not begin until the time of the New Kingdom. This period begins with the 18th Dynasty (1532-1292 BC) and the word Pharaoh was adopted as a title of respect from the 20th Dynasty (945-730 BC).

The miraculous nature of the Quran is once again manifest: Joseph lived in the Old Kingdom era and so the word "malik" was used for the Egyptian governor rather than the "Pharaoh". On the other hand, as Moses lived in the time of the New Kingdom, the governor of Egypt is called "pharaoh".

There is no doubt that one must know the history of Egypt in order to make such a distinction. However, the history of ancient Egypt was completely forgotten from the 4th century because the hieroglyphs could no longer be deciphered and it was rediscovered only in the 19th century. Therefore, there was no detailed knowledge of Egyptian history when the Qur'an was revealed.
The Quran does not add or reveal anything for the story of Moses, it copy-pastes the Torah. Not even the name of the Pharaoh in question. "malik" (βασιλεύς) is the Phoenician word for King, are you saying the Phoenicians ruled over Egypt? Pharaoh probably an exonym, from ἔφορος overseer.

Exodus 6:11 Pharaoh king of Egypt (פרעה מלך מצרים)

It seems פרעה is joined מלך by as if it were an adjective or a substantive.

Last edited:

القرآن يذهل العالم ويكشف 10 أسرار تاريخية عن الفراعنة ومصر القديمة لم تُكتشف إلا حديثاً​

The Qur’an amazes the world and reveals 10 historical secrets about the Pharaohs and ancient Egypt It was only discovered recently

Back