Who killed Jesus ?

G

guest1

I always say as do most every theologian/scholar that the N.T. interprets the O.T. So when we look at the N.T. we see it says those responsible for His death/crucifixion are the Jews. And Jesus says in several places He lays down His life and no one takes it from Him. Jesus and the Apostles confirm who is responsible for His death/ killing. Its not the Father.

1- Acts 2:23
this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men.

2- Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

3- Matthew 17:12
But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”

4- Matthew 20:18
Look, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and scribes. They will condemn Him to death

5- Matthew 20:19
and will deliver Him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. And on the third day He will be raised to life.

6- Acts 4:10
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole

7- Acts 5:30
The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

8- Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

9-No man takes my life I lay it down and I will take it up again- John 10:18

10- I lay My life down for the sheep- John 10:15

11-just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many- Matthew 20:28

12-I Am the Good Shepherd who lays down His life for the sheep- substitution, John 10:11

hope this helps !!!

But as we know there are some who are blinded by the false doctrines developed in the dark ages that supersede the Bible . They deny all the above scriptures that expose their erroneous teachings on the topic but they are to stubborn to admit it , to proud to admit they are wrong because loyalty to man’s doctrines blinds them to the truth .

Much like Catholics with Mary, pope , sacraments , purgatory etc …

The same is happening here with certain Calvinist who are loyal to Calvin , not God and scripture.

Next

God is Love are just empty words in a book

Jesus saying all men will know you are my disciples by your love for one another are empty worked on a page .

The royal law of love are empty commandments

Love God with all your mind heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself . On these two commandments rests the entire law are just empty words in a book

Be imitators of Christ are just empty words in a book

1 Corinthians 13 on love is just poetry and empty words in a book

The fruit of the spirit is Love etc …. More empty words.

God is love . Meaningless with many .

You have lost your first love doesn’t apply to them.

Hatred , murder , division , envy , strife , discord and all the deeds of the flesh rule .

Next

Now back to your regular scheduled program who killed / murdered the Son.

Let me know how many people buy into your false gospel of the Father killing/ murdering the Son .

How many converts / proselytes have you made with that gospel ?

How does John 3:16 work with that ?

God so loved the world that He murdered his only son that whoever believes in him has life everlasting.

Hmmmmmm

Cain killed Abel. Saul tried to kill David. Herod killed babies so King Jesus wouldn’t come to power in his realm. Envy and jealousy lead people to do unthinkable things to others. Jesus has been tried by the Jews. But because of Roman law which was in force at the time they were not legally allowed to kill Jesus. So they get the Romans to do their dirty work for them. Pilot tried to let Jesus off the hook but he gave in to the mob.

Matthew tells us that the destruction of Jerusalem That happened within a generation is a judgment on the Jews for their rejection of Jesus. His blood is to be ‘on them and on their children’. This has sometimes been taken as an eternal curse on the Jews for killing the Messiah. But Matthew only sees the punishment falling on one generation. Furthermore, it is the Roman governor who sentences Jesus, and the Roman soldiers who put him to death.

The good news is the grave couldn't hold Him and he is our resurrected Savior. We abide in him. That's my King... do you know him?

Let me know how many people buy into your false gospel of the Father killing/ murdering the Son .

How many converts / proselytes have you made with that gospel ?

How does John 3:16 work with that ?

God so loved the world that He murdered his only son that whoever believes in him has life everlasting.

Hmmmmmm
You should be ashamed of yourself.

no that would be the person who fails to explain the gospel when asked.

those who deny Jesus before men He denies are denied by Jesus before the Father.

only a false god kills his son which in turn is a false gospel, a false christ.

I have nothing to be ashamed of proclaiming the True God, the True Christ and the True Gospel. I've firsthand witnessed that God, Christ and Gospel save many men. women and children in my lifetime.

next

no that would be the person who fails to explain the gospel when asked.

those who deny Jesus before men He denies are denied by Jesus before the Father.

I have nothing to be ashamed of proclaiming the True God, the True Christ and the True Gospel. I've firsthand witnessed that God, Christ and Gospel save many men. women and children in my lifetime.

next
I dont know of anyone who would say God the Father killed His Son. He certainly planned and determined it to occur. Would that make Him a accessory in your mind? That's also murder 1

God is Love are just empty words in a book

Jesus saying all men will know you are my disciples by your love for one another are empty worked on a page .

The royal law of love are empty commandments

Love God with all your mind heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself . On these two commandments rests the entire law are just empty words in a book

Be imitators of Christ are just empty words in a book

1 Corinthians 13 on love is just poetry and empty words in a book

The fruit of the spirit is Love etc …. More empty words.

God is love . Meaningless with many .

You have lost your first love doesn’t apply to them.

Hatred , murder , division , envy , strife , discord and all the deeds of the flesh rule .

Next

Now back to your regular scheduled program who killed / murdered the Son.
Who killed Jesus? Who is the first cause of all things?

If you were knowledgeable in these things I would try to discuss it with you.

I have nothing to be ashamed of
Again, if you had knowledge in these things you would see. Because God killed His son, as scripture teaches, and you deny it, but then say if it were true God would be a murderer, shows your deep lack of understanding.

Again. Jesus laid down His life. No one TOOK the life of Jesus Christ.

Peter accused the crowd of murder because they desired The Innocent be killed for sin.

Oh the irony.... Peter called the crowd murderers for the same thing we see now with some claiming that the Father killed His Son for other man's sin......
I agree. All planned and determined to occur by the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit.

Well here's a thought. We killed Jesus. We made it necessary because of our fallen nature through Adam. I believe when God created us out of the dust in his likeness and blew his spirit into us his he knew right then and there that he would have to die on the cross in order for us to be forgiven and to restore a right relationship with him. That's just how much he loves us. The message of the cross. Just like Jesus did with Barabbas he took our place.

The story of Barabbas and his release from condemnation is a remarkable parallel to the story of every believer. We stood guilty before God and deserving of death (Romans 3:23; 6:23a). But then, due to no influence of our own, Jesus was chosen to die in our stead. He, the Innocent One, bore the punishment we rightly deserved. We, like Barabbas, were allowed to go free with no condemnation (Romans 8:1). And Jesus “suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God” (1 Peter 3:18, ESV). From(GQ)

One thing to keep in mind when we die it's only our physical container that stops functioning. Are spirit doesn't die.

For it is by grace [God’s remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you have been saved [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God; EPHESIANS 2:8

Back