Who makes intercession ...

PeanutGallery

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Where is the verse which states Mary, Mother of God, makes intercession for us?

God the Son and Holy Spirit intercede for us. God does it all! Halleluiah!

But Catholics seem to think we need an intercessor between us and Jesus, hence, their prayers to Mary. How foolish! We need no intercessor between us and our dear Savior! We can go directly to Jesus with our prayers, and for spiritual rest, as He Himself bids us do.

I can only come to the conclusion that they fear Jesus deep down, and His supposed wrath towards us. So, ergo, they think they must go to Mary first, to appease that wrath, before our prayers can get to Him.

How utterly foolish!

Last edited:
Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Where is the verse which states Mary, Mother of God, makes intercession for us?
So you don't believe in intercessory prayer? You never pray for anyone else? I think the Bible is loaded with verses about praying for each other.

Maybe I should have been clearer; let me rephrase:
Where is the verse which states Mary or any other saint in heaven who make intercession for us?
If the saints on earth can intercede for us why can't the saints in heaven do so as well? Right from the day of Jesus crucifixion when He told the repentant Dismas that today he would be with Jesus in heaven, we are aware that life in heaven is real and interactive.

If the saints on earth can intercede for us why can't the saints in heaven do so as well? Right from the day of Jesus crucifixion when He told the repentant Dismas that today he would be with Jesus in heaven, we are aware that life in heaven is real and interactive.
Because they are dead, no longer part of this physical earth. No one has said that there isn't life in heaven or hell, depending on how you are judged. Just show where ONE apostle prayed to the dead Mary, the dead Stephen.? You would then be right. One prayer by an apostle to Mary. Nothing, then it is not scriptural. It is an RC add on from the natural world where it is okay to do ancestor worship.

Neither Scripture, Jesus, nor his apostles tell us to pray to anyone in heaven other then to God.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Last edited:
The thief on the cross had no name. Dismas is made up.

We alive on earth are on the same plane of existence. We are physically alive. Those in heaven are physically dead. We cannot communicate with them, or they with us, as we can with each other on earth. Praying FOR each other on earth is Biblical; praying TO the physically dead is NOT.

We know there is life after death in heaven for believers--but there is no evidence from the Bible that they become omniscient and can hear and keep straight millions of prayers directed to them from people on earth.

Better to pray to God in Christ Jesus--at least we know God is omniscient and omnipotent, and can hear and answer our prayers. :)

Where is the verse which states Mary or any other saint in heaven who make intercession for us?
This may be shocking to hear, but the Catholic Faith is not based solely on whatever each individual wants to believe about the Bible.

This may be shocking to hear, but the Catholic Faith is not based solely on whatever each individual wants to believe about the Bible.
Christian faith is based on what Scripture says; it says to let our requests be made unto God, it does not say let our requests be made known unto Mary or any others in heaven.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

No it is based on what a few men say, we have no clues were they get their false teachings, no clue who told them, when they got, or even who got them. We understand that the RCC is based on the word of men, what a few individuals want and then force onto others.

The thief on the cross had no name. Dismas is made up.

We alive on earth are on the same plane of existence. We are physically alive. Those in heaven are physically dead. We cannot communicate with them, or they with us, as we can with each other on earth. Praying FOR each other on earth is Biblical; praying TO the physically dead is NOT.

We know there is life after death in heaven for believers--but there is no evidence from the Bible that they become omniscient and can hear and keep straight millions of prayers directed to them from people on earth.

Better to pray to God in Christ Jesus--at least we know God is omniscient and omnipotent, and can hear and answer our prayers. :)
You summed it up very well.

PeanutGallery said:
MF - This may be shocking to hear, but the Catholic Faith is not based solely on whatever each individual wants to believe about the Bible.
how does this relate to the post you quoted?

no, not shocking at all. we know what it is based on - the perversion of scripture twisted to support what the masters / gods / false teachers of the rcc want it to say to deceive people into believing and following its man-made religion.

Christian faith is based on what Scripture says; it says to let our requests be made unto God, it does not say let our requests be made known unto Mary or any others in heaven.
Amen! it's made very clear in scripture.

So you don't believe in intercessory prayer? You never pray for anyone else? I think the Bible is loaded with verses about praying for each other.
not if they're dead or even if they're alive and pray to me asking for prayer - I don't HEAR them. if they're alive they can call me, email me, send me a letter or even stop me in the grocery store and ask me to do that. I already have a list of people I pray for on a regular basis - to God.

God the Son and Holy Spirit intercede for us. God does it all! Halleluiah!

But Catholics seem to think we need an intercessor between us and Jesus, hence, their prayers to Mary. How foolish! We need no intercessor between us and our dear Savior! We can go directly to Jesus with our prayers, and for spiritual rest, as He Himself bids us do.

I can only come to the conclusion that they fear Jesus deep down, and His supposed wrath towards us. So, ergo, they think they must go to Mary first, to appease that wrath, before our prayers can get to Him.

How utterly foolish!
because they don't know Him! no, we have no need for that, we are bonded to Him, catholics are bonded to the rcc.

that's something they can't comprehend. the rcc teaches they need to go thru it and 'saints xyz' to connect to Him. sadly I've never met a catholic who has that connection even with the rcc and/or 'saints xyz'.

why not ask God? just because life is real it doesn't make them interactive with those still alive on earth. did the thief on the cross interact with anyone on earth after he died? do you have a scripture supporting that?

Back