Who was wounded?

The Tanakh is written in ancient languages, not to be confused with the made-up language called Modern Hebrew, which was invented in the 19th century CE to make eastern Europeans aesthetically more semitic.
We're talking about the Hebrew in Tanakh. Why bring up the modern times?

The ancient language used for writing the Torah is the Phoenician language.

Sarcophagus of the Phoenician King of Sidon Tabnit I
5b5d014b3a6881f5a81ec392dfa705f2.jpg

That is the ancient language called Phoenician.
So what? It's not the Hebrew nor the Hebrew people.

We're talking about the Hebrew in Tanakh. Why bring up the modern times?

So what? It's not the Hebrew nor the Hebrew people.

Phoenicians are the people who lived in the ancient Near East and according to geography, which is not taught in the USA, the land of Palestine, is also the Near East.

We have the physical tangible sarcophagus of the Phoenician King of Sidon Tabnit I with actual Phoenician writing on it. Come back when you find the sarcophagus of King David with writing on it.

Phoenicians are the people who lived in the ancient Near East and according to geography, which is not taught in the USA, the land of Palestine, is also the Near East.
Yep, you sang this song before.

We have the physical tangible sarcophagus of the Phoenician King of Sidon Tabnit I with actual Phoenician writing on it. Come back when you find the sarcophagus of King David with writing on it.
The City of David... we don't use sarcophaguses.

Yep, you sang this song before.

The City of David... we don't use sarcophaguses.

Fortunately, the physical tangible sarcophagus of the Phoenician King of Sidon Tabnit I provides the Phoenician word for sarcophagus, which is ארן

Genesis 50:26
Joseph died, being a hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin (ארן) in Egypt

??? (mrḥ) spear, lance

Herodotus 4.114
We shoot the bow and throw the javelin (τοξεύομέν τε καὶ ἀκοντίζομεν)

τοξεύω shoot with the bow
ἀκοντίζω hurl a javelin

Javelin is something that is thrown, where-as an arrow is something that is shot. There seems to be confusion between these sports in the Bible translations.

1 Samuel 20:30
the arrows which I shoot (את־החצים אשר אנכי מורה)
he shot an arrow (ירה החצי)

LXX
σχίζας ἐν αἷς ἐγὼ ἀκοντίζω
ἠκόντιζε τῇ σχίζῃ

They are no bow and arrows in the Septuagint version of 1 Samuel 20:30

σχίζας
darts

Josephus The Antiquities of the Jews, 6.214
which when David did at his command, he with great force threw the spear (ἀκοντίζει τὸ δόρυ) at him

δόρυ - shaft of a spear, hence, generally, spear itself

A Javelin is thrown and is arrow is shot.
How does any of this relate to Isaiah 53:5?

Phoenicians were among the famous Sea Peoples who invaded the medditeranean, including Canaan, during the late Bronze Age collapse. They are not Canaanites. And they have no relationship to modern Palestinians, who are Arabs.

Independent archaeological evidence exists for the existence of King David, including the Tel dan Steele

Last edited:
Phoenicians were among the famous Sea Peoples who invaded the medditeranean, including Canaan. They are not Canaanites. And they have no relationship to modern Palestinians.

The sea people are Peleset, Tjeker, Shekelesh, Denyen and Weshesh.

Phoenician and Canaanite are synonyms.

Modern Lebanese can trace more than 90% of their genetic ancestry to Canaanites and the Palestinians are the descendants of those that lived in the same area.

The sea people are Peleset, Tjeker, Shekelesh, Denyen and Weshesh.

Phoenician and Canaanite are synonyms.

Modern Lebanese can trace more than 90% of their genetic ancestry to Canaanites and the Palestinians are the descendants of those that lived in the same area.
Some of the them, including the biblical Philistines and the Phoenicians — both of whom are regarded as descendants of the Sea Peoples — settled in Palestine and The Levant respectively.

You are right, modern lebanese to have phonecian DNA. But Palestinians do not. Palestinians are Arabs.

Some of the them, including the biblical Philistines and the Phoenicians — both of whom are regarded as descendants of the Sea Peoples — settled in Palestine and The Levant respectively.

You are right, modern lebanese to have phonecian DNA. But Palestinians do not. Palestinians are Arabs.

Ancient Egypt lists Peleset among the sea people, not the Phoenicians/Canaanites.

Palestinians are Palestinians.

Too complicated for a person from United States, you people need to solve that embarrassing school shooting problem, the shooters are getting younger, next it be toddlers shooting up kindergartens.
And again, you can't stick to the subject ?.

Peleset is a different pronunciation of philistine.

I didn't just make this up. I documented it for you.

Peleset is פלשת whereas פלשתים conforms too Παλαιστίνης

Nimrud Slab (783 BCE)
from the bank of the Euphrates, the land of Hatti, the land of Amurru in its entirety, the land of Tyre, the land of Sidon, the land of Humri, the land of Edom, the land of Palastu, as far as the great sea of the setting sun.

Josephus - The Antiquities of the Jews, 1.207
ABRAHAM now removed to Gerar of Palestine, leading Sarah along with him, under the notion of his sister.

Josephus was actually a Judean from 1st century, so his word over a 21st century American.

Back