Whoever Has Sinned Against Me I Will Blot Out of My Book

Daniel.

Yet another dynamic of life before the God of Scripture for which Calvinists are powerless to account.

Exodus 32
33The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me I will blot out of My book."

Revelation 3
4Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

2 Timothy 2
12...if we endure,
we will also reign with Him
[but]
if we [believers] deny Him,
He will also deny us...

1 Timothy 5
8But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

So continuous sin is tantamount to a denial of the faith (Christ)--hence, only the "worthy" will walk with Christ in white, but the Christians who persist in sin (who have "soiled their garments") will be blotted out of God's book and Jesus will deny them before God and the angels. What do you know? That's the same message as Hebrews 10!

Hebrews 3
7Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says,
“Today, if you hear his voice,
8do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
on the day of testing in the wilderness
[the same content as Paul's 1 Corinthians 10 warning]
9where your fathers put me to the test
and saw my works for forty years.
10Therefore I was provoked with that generation,
and said, ‘They always go astray in their heart;
they have not known my ways.’
11As I swore in my wrath,
‘They shall not enter my rest.’”
12Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. 13But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 10
26If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume all adversaries. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,”f and again, “The Lord will judge His people.”g 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
37For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; 38but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” 39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

That's right--some of God's righteous one (the one who is righteous by faith) can "fall away", "shrink back" to destruction.

Last edited:
G

guest1

So Peter didn’t get in after all according to your false premise since he was guilty of the sin of hypocrisy.

Thread is over after a single post. Amen !

Daniel.

I once believed I committed the unpardonable sin. Obviously, there is such a sin in the Bible, but it would have to amount to a complete renunciation of grace, in my opinion. Jesus does pray for us on the threshing floor when the depths of our own heart's sinfulness is exposed and we make some pretty bad choices sometimes. If a person desires to be restored I think we can be assured they have not committed the unpardonable.
I'm not saying sinning Christians should despair, or that God does not forgive, I'm just stating what Scripture states.

More important than our sin is that God forgives.
God delights in righteousness--God is righteous (does what is right--keeps His Covenant) to forgive.

Simpletruther

Yet another dynamic of life before the God of Scripture for which Calvinists are powerless to account.

Exodus 32
33The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me I will blot out of My book."

Revelation 3
4Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

2 Timothy 2
12...if we endure,
we will also reign with Him
[but]
if we [believers] deny Him,
He will also deny us...

1 Timothy 5
8But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

So continuous sin is tantamount to a denial of the faith (Christ)--hence, only the "worthy" will walk with Christ in white, but the Christians who persist in sin (who have "soiled their garments") will be blotted out of God's book and Jesus will deny them before God and the angels. What do you know? That's the same message as Hebrews 10!

Hebrews 3
7Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says,
“Today, if you hear his voice,
8do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
on the day of testing in the wilderness
[the same content as Paul's 1 Corinthians 10 warning]
9where your fathers put me to the test
and saw my works for forty years.
10Therefore I was provoked with that generation,
and said, ‘They always go astray in their heart;
they have not known my ways.’
11As I swore in my wrath,
‘They shall not enter my rest.’”
12Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. 13But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 10
26If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume all adversaries. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,”f and again, “The Lord will judge His people.”g 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
37For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; 38but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” 39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

That's right--some of God's righteous one (the one who is righteous by faith) can "fall away", "shrink back" to destruction.
Do you think based on this that God is blotting you out and writing you back in countless times every day?

Daniel.

The argument is that God says He will blot those who have sinned against Him out of His book--instead of addressing the argument, you're essentially imputing to me a view about the "frequency" of blotting out which is irrelevant (ie, when the point is simply that God says He will blot sinners out of His book) in order to try to make the actual argument (which you haven't addressed) seem ridiculous.

Simpletruther

The argument is that God says He will blot those who have sinned against Him out of His book--that point is not even being addressed, you're essentially imputing to me a view about the "frequency" of blotting out which is irrelevant (ie, when the point is simply that God says He will blot sinners out of His book).
Ok but isn't that the necessary implication of taking that in a literal way.

preacher4truth

So, were you going to "get your hands dirty" dealing with the Scriptures or just flinging poop?

As is your wont, you barge in screaming wildly providing zero substance for your assertions.
The argument is that God says He will blot those who have sinned against Him out of His book--instead of addressing the argument, you're essentially imputing to me a view about the "frequency" of blotting out which is irrelevant (ie, when the point is simply that God says He will blot sinners out of His book) in order to make the actual argument seem ridiculous.
Seth?

Daniel.

Ok but isn't that the necessary implication of taking that in a literal way.
The argument is that God will blot sinners out of His Book--they're in the book, they get blotted out.

How does Calvinism account for that eventuality?

The frequency with which this happens, or what type of ink is used when it happens, is completely irrelevant. My point is that this cannot be accounted for on Calvinism.

Simpletruther

The argument is that God will blot sinners out of His Book--they're in the book, they get blotted out.

How does Calvinism account for that eventuality?

The frequency with which this happens, or what type of ink is used when it happens, is completely irrelevant. My point is that this cannot be accounted for on Calvinism.
I think it's relevant in the big picture when trying to decide whether this is literal. It's a clue.

If you don't want to discuss I will respect that.

Daniel.

I think it's relevant in the big picture when trying to decide whether this is literal. It's a clue.

If you don't want to discuss I will respect that.
Yeah, man, I get it : every time there's an idea in Scripture that contradicts their traditions, Calvinists automatically deny Scripture. In John 8, the Jews never believed (though the text is explicit in teaching that they did believe), and here there is no way that He would remove someone who persisted in sin from His Book (though it's all over the place--I named a few of them).

That is the common tactic of the Calvinist.

Have fun in your world of rejecting Scripture!

Simpletruther

Yeah, man, I get it : every time there's an idea in Scripture that contradicts their traditions, Calvinists automatically deny Scripture. In John 8, the Jews never believed (though the text is explicit in teaching that they did believe), and here there is no way that He would remove someone who persisted in sin from His Book (though it's all over the place--I named a few of them).

That is the common tactic of the Calvinist.

Have fun in your world of rejecting Scripture!
Big chip on the shoulder I see. I take from thst you don't want to really discuss it.

Daniel.

Big chip on the shoulder I see. I take from thst you don't want to really discuss it.
What I want to discuss is the OP.

The OP doesn't address what you're trying to address--you're off-topic--the OP addresses the reality that people who are in God's Book can be blotted out and that Calvinism cannot account for that.