Whoever Has Sinned Against Me I Will Blot Out of My Book

Simpletruther

What I want to discuss is the OP.

The OP doesn't address what you're trying to address--you're off-topic--the OP addresses the reality that people who are in God's Book can be blotted out and that Calvinism cannot account for that.
So we are supposed to all say "thanks for pointing out that reality" and not give our opinions about why we disagree I guess.

You realize this is a debate forum right? Why don't you just start s blog if you don't care to be challenged?

Johan

Exodus 32
33The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me I will blot out of My book."
If we begin with this verse, I fail to see how it is a "threat" to Calvinists any more than it is a "threat" to all people living on this planet since we are all sinners. It plays in the same league as "Cursed is anyone who does not uphold the words of this law by carrying them out." (Deut. 27:26), quoted by Paul in Gal. 3:10. That is why Paul writes that all who rely on the works of the Law are under a curse. And for that reason (we are all sinners facing condemnation if God would treat us as our sins deserve), we have to rely on the hope given in the Gospel. So this is hardly a Calvinism vs. Arminianism issue.

Theo1689

What I want to discuss is the OP.

The OP doesn't address what you're trying to address--you're off-topic--the OP addresses the reality that people who are in God's Book can be blotted out and that Calvinism cannot account for that.

Of course God can blot out names.
He's God, and therefore omnipotent.

The RELEVANT question is, "HAS or WILL God ACTUALLY blot out anyone's name?"

And you have not demonstrated THAT to be true.
Tell us the name that God HAS blotted out.
Or show us the verse that ACTUALLY says, "God HAS ACTUALLY blotted out a name."

Your EDITED objection is based on nothing but self-serving ASSUMPTION.

Please stop wasting our time, okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

guest1

Of course God can blot out names.
He's God, and therefore omnipotent.

The RELEVANT question is, "HAS or WILL God ACTUALLY blot out anyone's name?"

And you have not demonstrated THAT to be true.
Tell us the name that God HAS blotted out.
Or show us the verse that ACTUALLY says, "God HAS ACTUALLY blotted out a name."

Your worthless objection is based on nothing but self-serving ASSUMPTION.

Please stop wasting our time, okay?
I can’t wait for the strawman rebuttal 😂

Daniel.

So we are supposed to all say "thanks for pointing out that reality" and not give our opinions about why we disagree I guess.

You realize this is a debate forum right? Why don't you just start s blog if you don't care to be challenged?
If we begin with this verse, I fail to see how it is a "threat" to Calvinists any more than it is a "threat" to all people living on this planet since we are all sinners. It plays in the same league as "Cursed is anyone who does not uphold the words of this law by carrying them out." (Deut. 27:26), quoted by Paul in Gal. 3:10. That is why Paul writes that all who rely on the works of the Law are under a curse. And for that reason (we are all sinners facing condemnation if God would treat us as our sins deserve), we have to rely on the hope given in the Gospel. So this is hardly a Calvinism vs. Arminianism issue.
So, you accept that people are registered in the Lamb's Book of Life and can be blotted out for spotting their garments. Great! Thanks! You don't need to respond here since you already agree!

Daniel.

I can’t wait for the strawman rebuttal 😂
Still waiting for your response to the OP--actually, to the OP of any of the threads I've recently posted here. For someone who makes so many replies, you have a strange aversion to giving actual substantive answers to any OP I post. Why do you reply when you never want to actually respond? Why not actually give a response instead?

We both know why ;)
You have no actual answer.

Last edited:

Daniel.

I see it is the intention of some to (as an actual "defense" for their position) actually call into question God Himself--ie, when He says "I will blot out," they can't help but query, "WILL God?" Such swelling words.

I remember another time when there was a voice that misled humans, a voice that actually dared to call into question things God made explicit. Sorry, I can't go for that.

God: I will blot out
Some: WILL God?

Which part is unclear? That He considered some people sinners or that He felt so strongly that He WILL (His own Words not mine) blot them out of His Book? Why not claim that as a "promise"? LOL!

The fly in the ointment of the Calvinist is his insistence on cleaving to Calvin instead of God's Word.

Simpletruther

So, you accept that people are registered in the Lamb's Book of Life and can be blotted out for spotting their garments. Great! Thanks! You don't need to respond here since you already agree!
No I don’t, at least I question whether it literally doesn’t happen. Which means s not to question that God could do it. And I put forth reasoning that would call that claim into question. And you ignored it can claimed I changed the subject.

Reformedguy

Yeah, man, I get it : every time there's an idea in Scripture that contradicts their traditions, Calvinists automatically deny Scripture. In John 8, the Jews never believed (though the text is explicit in teaching that they did believe), and here there is no way that He would remove someone who persisted in sin from His Book (though it's all over the place--I named a few of them).

That is the common tactic of the Calvinist.

Have fun in your world of rejecting Scripture!
Strawman

Reformedguy

Yet another dynamic of life before the God of Scripture for which Calvinists are powerless to account.

Exodus 32
33The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me I will blot out of My book."

Revelation 3
4Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

2 Timothy 2
12...if we endure,
we will also reign with Him
[but]
if we [believers] deny Him,
He will also deny us...

1 Timothy 5
8But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

So continuous sin is tantamount to a denial of the faith (Christ)--hence, only the "worthy" will walk with Christ in white, but the Christians who persist in sin (who have "soiled their garments") will be blotted out of God's book and Jesus will deny them before God and the angels. What do you know? That's the same message as Hebrews 10!

Hebrews 3
7Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says,
“Today, if you hear his voice,
8do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
on the day of testing in the wilderness
[the same content as Paul's 1 Corinthians 10 warning]
9where your fathers put me to the test
and saw my works for forty years.
10Therefore I was provoked with that generation,
and said, ‘They always go astray in their heart;
they have not known my ways.’
11As I swore in my wrath,
‘They shall not enter my rest.’”
12Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. 13But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 10
26If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume all adversaries. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,”f and again, “The Lord will judge His people.”g 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
37For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; 38but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” 39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

That's right--some of God's righteous one (the one who is righteous by faith) can "fall away", "shrink back" to destruction.
Strawman

G

guest1

Still waiting for your response to the OP--actually, to the OP of any of the threads I've recently posted here. For someone who makes so many replies, you have a strange aversion to giving actual substantive answers to any OP I post. Why do you reply when you never want to actually respond? Why not actually give a response instead?

We both know why ;)
You have no actual answer.
I’ll give you one chance to show where God has blotted a single person from the book.

No name= no blotting out since Rev 19-23 are future and contains the new heavens / earth.

oops ...............

Ther does another strawman OP.

Down goes Frazier , down does Frazier.

Daniel.

No I don’t, at least I question whether it literally doesn’t happen. Which means s not to question that God could do it. And I put forth reasoning that would call that claim into question. And you ignored it can claimed I changed the subject.
Oh, sorry, I got confused because you pretended that you accepted the verses I cited.

Jesus is God, and is "the same yesterday today and forever". That same God Who said "the one who sinned against Me I will blot out of My Book" also said "you have a few names that haven't soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in White for they are worthy... and I will never blot their name out of the Book of Life."
So did you also plan on calling into question God's own willingness to keep His Word and blot simmers out from His Book as your strategy (as some have)? Maybe you would like to take a crack at proving He doesn't consider any of His people to be sinful?

Daniel.

I’ll give you one chance to show where God has blotted a single person from the book.

No name= no blotting out since Rev 19-23 are future and contains the new heavens / earth.

oops ...............

Ther does another strawman OP.

Down goes Frazier , down does Frazier.
So you couldn't disprove anything, so your tactic is to reject the Scripture where God says He will blot names out of His Book if they're sinful... playing an "empiricist" , "calling God a liar" instead of believing?

Again, have fun doubting God's Holy inspired Word. I can't live that way myself.