Who's Decision?

treeplanter

A school teacher has designated a 'movie day' for her class

A single, disruptive student acts up inappropriately and the teacher reacts by saying to the entire class:
"That's it - movie day is cancelled. Take out your pencils for a pop quiz!"

Is it the student who has decided to punish the rest of the class for his own bad behavior
OR
is it the teacher who has decided to punish the rest of the class for the bad behavior of the one student?

*Certainly, the disruptive student is at fault and deserves blame for his ill conceived actions
The question, however, isn't to do with that...

The question is this:
Who's DECISION was it to punish the entire class with a pop quiz in place of a movie?

PS
I'm particularly interested in the opinions of Christians

Last edited:

Electric Skeptic

A single, disruptive student acts up inappropriately and the teacher reacts by saying to the entire class:

Is it the student who has decided to punish the rest of the class for his own bad behavior
OR
is it the teacher who has decided to punish the rest of the class for the bad behavior of the one student?

*Certainly, the disruptive student is at fault and deserves blame for his ill conceived actions

The question is this:
Who's DECISION was it to punish the entire class with a pop quiz in place of a movie?

PS
You won't get many. They'll realise that an honest answer is an indictment of their god.

CrowCross

OR

The question is this:

PS
That would depend. Was the teachers name Adam and were all the students his progeny?

Howie

OR

The question is this:

PS
Lol

treeplanter

That would depend. Was the teachers name Adam and were all the students his progeny?
"A school teacher has designated a 'movie day' for HER class"
Adam normally isn't a female name, is it Crow?

The teacher's name is Evelyn Martin-Bauer

Now, please, answer the question:

Who's decision was it?

treeplanter

I gave the same answer you gave. It's in big fonts in my last reply.
I didn't give an answer, Stiggy
I asked the question

Indeed, the correct answer is obvious to each of us, but I'd prefer that you type out the answer yourself!

If you don't, you'll just end up denying that you have, in effect, answered that the teacher made the decision

You'll say:
"I never said that it was the teacher's decision"

I'll say:
"Yes you did"

You'll say:
"No I didn't, liar"

I'll say:
"You did too"

You'll say:
"And yet I didn't. Show me where I said that, liar"

And on and on and on...

I'm not interested in another boring rerun, Stigs!

Just answer the question...Who's DECISION was it to punish the entire class with a pop quiz in place of a movie?

CrowCross

"A school teacher has designated a 'movie day' for HER class"
Adam normally isn't a female name, is it Crow?

The teacher's name is Evelyn Martin-Bauer

Now, please, answer the question:

Who's decision was it?
You're trying to steer the topic in this direction:

"is it the teacher who has decided to punish the rest of the class for the bad behavior of the one student?"

Basically you want to present your typical God is bad argument if He punishes people for Adams bad behavior.

treeplanter

You're trying to steer the topic in this direction:

"is it the teacher who has decided to punish the rest of the class for the bad behavior of the one student?"

Basically you want to present your typical God is bad argument if He punishes people for Adams bad behavior.
You're getting ahead of yourself, Crow!

Before we can discuss whether or not God is in the wrong for having punished all people for the actions of a single man, we must first determine if the punishment, itself, was the decision of God or the decision of the one man?

We can extrapolate responsibility for this decision via the scenario outlined in the OP

Is it the student who has decided to punish the rest of the class for his own bad behavior?
OR