Who's Decision?

treeplanter

No, just an atheist who declares things on the basis of ignorance, complaining about some conclusion you've drawn from inside your ignorance.
God consciously and purposefully inflicts needless harm upon us

To consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others is immoral

How is this ignorant?

SteveB

You got me, Steve!

You win
I cannot describe either perfect goodness or perfect justice
I must, therefore, be some sort of Satanist, right?

I didn't say that. I've simply pointed out that you don't actually know what you're talking about and keep trying to claim that you do know, and because you believe you know better, God is guilty of what you keep claiming.

This is a classic case of stupidity and ignorance, along with a rather huge amount of egocentric self.

Can we move on, now?
I don't know.
Can you?
By the looks of your subsequent writing, it appears that you are not capable of moving on.

Will you please explain to me how perfect goodness and perfect justice can exist without incorporating the concept of fairness?
In other words you think that you have an idea of what any of these things actually are?
You don't appear to be able to move on here Tree.

Think of it this way, Steve, I may not know how to prepare a gourmet meal, but I certainly know a bad meal when I encounter one
Then don't eat it.

I've come to know what a great meal is because I've known great chefs/cooks.

I've further learned to not just claim that because I don't like a meal that the chef is necessarily a bad chef.

Jesus said that some people simply love the darkness and their sin more than they love the truth.

By this same token, I may not know what constitutes perfect goodness and justice, but I can certainly recognize when so-called goodness and justice fall short of perfection!
From my observations, it's pretty clear that you recognize your preconceptions and unverifiable opinions as fact.
You further show that your entire body of belief is based entirely on assumptions.

Please, answer my question

How can perfect goodness and perfect justice exist apart from the concept of fairness?
It's ironic because the murderer and thief believes that it's unfair they were caught in the act of their respective crimes, so you tell me.

treeplanter

I didn't say that. I've simply pointed out that you don't actually know what you're talking about and keep trying to claim that you do know, and because you believe you know better, God is guilty of what you keep claiming.

This is a classic case of stupidity and ignorance, along with a rather huge amount of egocentric self.

I don't know.
Can you?
By the looks of your subsequent writing, it appears that you are not capable of moving on.

In other words you think that you have an idea of what any of these things actually are?
You don't appear to be able to move on here Tree.

Then don't eat it.

I've come to know what a great meal is because I've known great chefs/cooks.

I've further learned to not just claim that because I don't like a meal that the chef is necessarily a bad chef.

Jesus said that some people simply love the darkness and their sin more than they love the truth.

From my observations, it's pretty clear that you recognize your preconceptions and unverifiable opinions as fact.
You further show that your entire body of belief is based entirely on assumptions.

It's ironic because the murderer and thief believes that it's unfair they were caught in the act of their respective crimes, so you tell me.
How can perfect goodness and perfect justice exist apart from the concept of fairness?

SteveB

In other words you have no idea, and believe that the murderer and thief were unfairly captured in the act of their crimes.

Tree...
You have a serious problem.

You need to learn about reality.

treeplanter

In other words you have no idea, and believe that the murderer and thief were unfairly captured in the act of their crimes.

Tree...
You have a serious problem.

You need to learn about reality.
Answer the question, Steve

SteveB

Answer the question, Steve

Explain to me how the murderer and thief can justly complain that they were not treated fairly because they were caught in the act of their crimes.

treeplanter

Explain to me how the murderer and thief can justly complain that they were not treated fairly because they were caught in the act of their crimes.
They cannot

Murderers and thieves, caught in the act of their crimes, deserve what they get

Now answer my question, Steve

bigthinker

A school teacher has designated a 'movie day' for her class

A single, disruptive student acts up inappropriately and the teacher reacts by saying to the entire class:
"That's it - movie day is cancelled. Take out your pencils for a pop quiz!"

Is it the student who has decided to punish the rest of the class for his own bad behavior
OR
is it the teacher who has decided to punish the rest of the class for the bad behavior of the one student?

*Certainly, the disruptive student is at fault and deserves blame for his ill conceived actions
The question, however, isn't to do with that...

The question is this:
Who's DECISION was it to punish the entire class with a pop quiz in place of a movie?

PS
I'm particularly interested in the opinions of Christians
Perhaps the teacher never intended to show a movie, knowing a student would ruin it.