Who's Who in bible prophecy.

CrowCross

You may want to bookmark this site.

WHO'S WHO IN BIBLE PROPHECY

The individuals listed below are Christians (past and present) who are passionate about their faith. Some are recognized pastors, scholars and teachers of Bible prophecy and eschatology (study of end-times) who also belong to various denominations. Also listed here are those from pseudo-Christian organizations (so-called Christian groups that adhere to doctrines outside mainstream Christianity). This comprehensive list of individuals is meant to help you identify sound teaching on Bible prophecy and prophecy topics only. Some have devoted their entire lives to teaching Bible prophecy. Not all are always in agreement, and not all are sound in their doctrines. Therefore, study for yourselves, and use this as a guide only.

Where is your "guy" on the list?

They are all [mostly, anyway} good people and sincere in their beliefs.
However Daniel 12:4 & 10 tells us that the Prophetic Word is sealed until the time of the end and that only a few will understand Gods plans.

So, they are all in some kind of error, as can be ascertained by the fact that all have different theories and beliefs.
It is necessary the read the Prophesies with an open mind, with no preconceived notions and to pray for enlightenment. We Christians should not be in the dark about what will happen. which; judging by the current world situation, esp the Middle East, may commence soon.

Check out logostelos.info for many articles on what the Bible Prophets actually did say.

The site you posted a link to says...
The futurist view, which claims there will be a literal future 7-year tribulation period followed by a literal 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ on earth. As well, the rapture of the Church will precede the tribulation period, and is a separate event from the Second Coming of Jesus Christ at the end of the tribulation period.

I am curious...

Are you AWARE that the first PROTESTANT to write promoting the Futurist view was S.R. Maitland in AD 1826?

So although some Catholics believed the Futurist view before that, Protestants did not believe it until about 200 years ago.

The site you posted a link to says...

I am curious...

Are you AWARE that the first PROTESTANT to write promoting the Futurist view was S.R. Maitland in AD 1826?

So although some Catholics believed the Futurist view before that, Protestants did not believe it until about 200 years ago.
I aware that's when it became popular when guys such as Darby figured it out and connected the dots and spread the word. This doesn't mean it wasn't a view held prior to 200 years ago.

They are all [mostly, anyway} good people and sincere in their beliefs.
However Daniel 12:4 & 10 tells us that the Prophetic Word is sealed until the time of the end and that only a few will understand Gods plans.

So, they are all in some kind of error, as can be ascertained by the fact that all have different theories and beliefs.
It is necessary the read the Prophesies with an open mind, with no preconceived notions and to pray for enlightenment. We Christians should not be in the dark about what will happen. which; judging by the current world situation, esp the Middle East, may commence soon.

Check out logostelos.info for many articles on what the Bible Prophets actually did say.
After reading several books on the end times....basically all opinions..pre, trib, pre-wrath, mid-trip, post trib, preterist etc and so on I have landed firmly on a pre-trib position. I've read the prophesies with a very open mind..to the point in trying to gain a grasp on it have changed my position several times. As I said I have landed on the pre-trib position for many reasons.

One of the articles from your link stated the author used the Revised English Bible, not that there is anything wrong with that translation...but used the typical this is a better translation of such and such word to say the rapture won't happen.
When I look at todays news...literally...I can see how the pre-trib rapture and tribulation events fits pretty much like a glove.

the author used the Revised English Bible,
Luke 21:34-36 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape
all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
So do you believe this prophecy proves a 'rapture to heaven' of the Church?
If so you are very deceived.

What does verse 35 say? The Day of Wrath will come upon everyone.
Verse 34 says we must be careful, or that Day will catch us unawares. Therefore; if we do carefully study and are aware of the signs, we can know that Day, or at least the season.
But, either way, that Day will come and we will be here to experience it.

Verse 35 says 'escape all these things'. This cannot mean a removal away from, as that is a direct contradiction of the previous 2 verses.
What it does mean, is told to us in many prophesies, of the Lord's protection during that terrible Day. Isaiah 43:2, Psalms 23 & 91, Isaiah 30:26b, +

The REBible renders Luke 21:46 Be on the alert, praying at all times for the strength to pass safely through all that is coming....... A correct translation, which does not contradict the previous verses.

Luke 21:34-36 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Verse 34 says we must be careful, or that Day will catch us unawares. Therefore; if we do carefully study and are aware of the signs, we can know that Day, or at least the season.

Verse 35 says 'escape all these things'. This cannot mean a removal away from, as that is a direct contradiction of the previous 2 verses.
What it does mean, is told to us in many prophesies, of the Lord's protection during that terrible Day. Isaiah 43:2, Psalms 23 & 91, Isaiah 30:26b, +

The REBible renders Luke 21:46 Be on the alert, praying at all times for the strength to pass safely through all that is coming....... A correct translation, which does not contradict the previous verses.
Lets start here....1 Thes 4:13-18 speaks of the rapture. So, don't tell me there will NOT be a rapture.

You may want to bookmark this site.

WHO'S WHO IN BIBLE PROPHECY

The individuals listed below are Christians (past and present) who are passionate about their faith. Some are recognized pastors, scholars and teachers of Bible prophecy and eschatology (study of end-times) who also belong to various denominations. Also listed here are those from pseudo-Christian organizations (so-called Christian groups that adhere to doctrines outside mainstream Christianity). This comprehensive list of individuals is meant to help you identify sound teaching on Bible prophecy and prophecy topics only. Some have devoted their entire lives to teaching Bible prophecy. Not all are always in agreement, and not all are sound in their doctrines. Therefore, study for yourselves, and use this as a guide only.

Where is your "guy" on the list?

On a propaganda mission today?

Lets start here....1 Thes 4:13-18 speaks of the rapture. So, don't tell me there will NOT be a rapture.
Nowhere does the Bible say that the Church will be raptured to heaven. Jesus refutes that idea six times. John 3:13 +

What is referred to in 1 Thess 4:17, is a transportation from where His People are to where He will be, via the atmospheric clouds. A similar spiritual transportation as what happened to Philip. Acts 8:39

In my KJV Bible, Luke 21 only has 38 verses.

Assuming that you made a typo and meant verse 36, it translates escape as follows:

G1628​

Original: ἐκφεύγω
Transliteration: ekpheugō
Phonetic: ek-fyoo'-go
Thayer Definition
:
  1. to flee out of, flee away
    1. to seek safety in flight
    2. to escape
Origin: from G1537 and G5343
TDNT entry: None
Part(s) of speech: Verb
Strong's Definition: From G1537 and G5343; to flee out: - escape, flee.

Until you provide an alternative definition I will assume that you picked a translation of the Bible in which the editors presented what they wanted the Scripures to say rather than what the Scriptures actually said.

Nowhere does the Bible say that the Church will be raptured to heaven. Jesus refutes that idea six times. John 3:13 +

What is referred to in 1 Thess 4:17, is a transportation from where His People are to where He will be, via the atmospheric clouds. A similar spiritual transportation as what happened to Philip. Acts 8:39
John 14 1 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

Do you have your room booked yet?

John 14 1 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

Every genuine believer IS of the Father's abodes right now.

2 In my Father’s house are many abodes.... 23 If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
John 14

Christ was faithful as a Son over His housewhose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.
Hebrews 3:6

Until you provide an alternative definition I will assume that you picked a translation of the Bible in which the editors presented what they wanted the Scripures to say rather than what the Scriptures actually said.
I did that in #66.
If people believe that Luke 21:36 means 'escape' by removal, then they have made a Bible contradiction with verse 35.
I know this truth destroys the 'rapture to heaven' theory. Tough!
As the new Jerusalem does not come to us until after the Millennium, I am concentrating on keeping firm in my faith and trusting the Lord for my protection thru all that must happen until then.

Every genuine believer IS of the Father's abodes right now.

2 In my Father’s house are many abodes.... 23 If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
John 14

Christ was faithful as a Son over His housewhose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.
Hebrews 3:6
Let me know how your salvation via works, works out for you.

Could you say something which bears some resemblance to addressing my post?
I did...you mentioned..."he will keep My word;"....To me it sounds like you're pushing a works based salvation rather than relying on 100% of the works of God the Son.

Now, I could be wrong about what you intended....so, what does the verse mean?

I did...you mentioned..."he will keep My word;"....To me it sounds like you're pushing a works based salvation rather than relying on 100% of the works of God the Son.

Now, I could be wrong about what you intended....so, what does the verse mean?

This is so incoherent that it's hard to know what to do with it.

Every genuine believer IS one of the Father's abodes right now.

John 14

Hebrews 3

Do you not understand what those Scriptures are saying?

I did that in #66.
If people believe that Luke 21:36 means 'escape' by removal, then they have made a Bible contradiction with verse 35.
I know this truth destroys the 'rapture to heaven' theory. Tough!.
Your truth is just that, YOUR TRUTH. It just proves that you like to make things up as you go along. Your truth IS NOT the truth of GOD.
You provided no definition and cited no source for your absurd rephrasing to suit your own purposes. What is #66? This is only post #19.

What is #66? This is only post #19.
Sorry, I meant #6.
I provided the definition and the source. Luke 21:34-36 reads plainly and never even hints that the Lord will rapture His people to heaven.

Happy with believing; one verse means escape by rapture and the verse before it says; what is coming will fall upon everyone the whole world over.

Back