WHOSE RIGHTEOUS?

Why do you keep on insisting that we are imputed with someone's righteousness when scripture doesn't say anything about being imputed with anyone's righteousness?
Because we are, why do you not understand that? It is clear even using the accounting term reckon that someone's righteous is imputed. One column sin, on the other righteous ness. The only person who wiped out sin is Jesus.

Scripture must be read as a whole.

1 Cor 1:30

But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

2 Cor 5:21

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Matt 6:33

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Yes it is what Romans 4 says. Romans 4 does not say that the righteousness of Christ is imputed to us. If David had sinned after confessing his sins to God in Psalm 32 he would have to confess his sins again and it would again be reckoned to him as righteousness.
Whose righteousness is imputed?

Rom 4

being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22 This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.” 23 The words “it was credited to him” were written not for him alone, 24 but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

Because we are, why do you not understand that? It is clear even using the accounting term reckon that someone's righteous is imputed. One column sin, on the other righteous ness. The only person who wiped out sin is Jesus.

But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Amazing the way some people must blind themselves to the truth, in order to stay loyal defenders and members of their church. Sad, sad, sad....

Yes it does say. Paul gives us an example by quoting Psalm 32.

Nothing is imputed to us.
Baloney! Something IS imputed to us as righteousness. You quoted it, yourself, in Romans 4!! Here it is--again: "5But to one who without works trusts him who justifies the ungodly, SUCH FAITH is reckoned as righteousness."

What
is reckoned to us as righteousness? Remember, "reckoned" means the same thing as "imputed." I bolded and capitalized it. Only someone willfully blind could fail to see what is written.

So, what did Paul say is credited to us as righteousness?

Baloney! Something IS imputed to us as righteousness. You quoted it, yourself, in Romans 4!! Here it is--again: "5But to one who without works trusts him who justifies the ungodly, SUCH FAITH is reckoned as righteousness."

What
is reckoned to us as righteousness? Remember, "reckoned" means the same thing as "imputed." I bolded and capitalized it. Only someone willfully blind could fail to see what is written.

So, what did Paul say is credited to us as righteousness?
We have not been imputed with the righteousness of Christ. That is a false doctrine. It is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

We have not been imputed with the righteousness of Christ. That is a false doctrine. It is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.
Then whose is it? It has to come from somewhere and you ignore all the other verses about Jesus and His righteousness, but that is no surprise as RCs will not look at anything that proves it is their doctrines that are false.

Roms 4 is clear it is not our righteousness and our works have nothing to do with the righteousness.

Then whose is it? It has to come from somewhere and you ignore all the other verses about Jesus and His righteousness, but that is no surprise as RCs will not look at anything that proves it is their doctrines that are false.

Roms 4 is clear it is not our righteousness and our works have nothing to do with the righteousness.
Are you telling us that scripture doesn't say whose it is?

Are you telling us that scripture doesn't say whose it is?
I am not telling you any such rubbish. So not twist my posts. Scripture is clear and must be understood as a whole. Interesting how many times you claim you have read it and you are still blind to what it says. It is RCs who don't tell us. You being the main believer in the false doctrine you are posting. Your buddies are clearly staying away.

I am not telling you any such rubbish. So not twist my posts. Scripture is clear and must be understood as a whole. Interesting how many times you claim you have read it and you are still blind to what it says. It is RCs who don't tell us. You being the main believer in the false doctrine you are posting. Your buddies are clearly staying away.

It is interesting that such a huge doctrine that would impact our Christian life, if it were true, and yet scripture doesn't tell us whose righteousness is imputed to us.

Last edited:
It is interesting that such a huge doctrine that would impact our Christian life, if it were true, and yet scripture doesn't tell us whose righteousness is imputed to us.
No not intereting at all, it is not surprise that RCs ignore important scriptures and misinterpret it. Whose righteousness is well known to all who read all of scripture with comprehension and spiritual guidance.

The RC follow so many false doctrines, why is it they cannot tell us righteousness is reckoned to us. I mean where does righteousness come from?

We sin and then who is the one who reckons those sins gone? One has to be spiritual blind not to see whose righteousness it is. It does not come from our works, you posted the Rom 4 verses that clearly show it is not our righteousness. So the questions RCs need to face up to, is whose? I mean really it is as plain as the pimple on a nose as to whose it is.

Scripture is clear about whose righteousness it is. Verses have been posted to help open the eyes up to whose it is.

No not intereting at all, it is not surprise that RCs ignore important scriptures and misinterpret it. Whose righteousness is well known to all who read all of scripture with comprehension and spiritual guidance.

The RC follow so many false doctrines, why is it they cannot tell us righteousness is reckoned to us. I mean where does righteousness come from?

We sin and then who is the one who reckons those sins gone? One has to be spiritual blind not to see whose righteousness it is. It does not come from our works, you posted the Rom 4 verses that clearly show it is not our righteousness. So the questions RCs need to face up to, is whose? I mean really it is as plain as the pimple on a nose as to whose it is.

Scripture is clear about whose righteousness it is. Verses have been posted to help open the eyes up to whose it is.
I have yet to see a nCCs to post the scripture that tells us whose righteousness it is.

Back