Whose the Boss?

The real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist is a major point that Christians differ on, and scripture says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ.
Scripture also says He is a door, light, Shepherd, a vine, manna, but He is not hanging on hinges is He? He is not a lantern or light bulb is He? He is not growing on a roadside producing grapes is He? He is not a piece of bread is He?
The bible also says that God will bear us on eagle's wings, but He is not a big bird is He? Those are all metaphors. The same as when Jesus said the bread was His body and cup was His blood.

I'm glad you brought that up.... nobody thought the 'door' or 'vine' was a hard saying [Jn 6 v60] and left Him [Jn 6 v66].
No because they could SEE He was not a door. But they could NOT see that He was talking about spiritual food. The people wanted a physical feast, as he had just previously fed the multitude with fish and bread. But Jesus knew their spiritual need and spoke to them parabolically. But WHOOSH it went over their heads as it has gone over Catholics heads.

No because they could SEE He was not a door. But they could NOT see that He was talking about spiritual food. The people wanted a physical feast, as he had just previously fed the multitude with fish and bread. But Jesus knew their spiritual need and spoke to them parabolically. But WHOOSH it went over their heads as it has gone over Catholics heads.
For MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Scripture also says He is a door, light, Shepherd, a vine, manna, but He is not hanging on hinges is He? He is not a lantern or light bulb is He? He is not growing on a roadside producing grapes is He? He is not a piece of bread is He?
The bible also says that God will bear us on eagle's wings, but He is not a big bird is He? Those are all metaphors. The same as when Jesus said the bread was His body and cup was His blood.
Christians don't disagree on those issues.

I mean let us be honest if we follow that false RC logic, then Peter is Satan. Jesus said it.

Matt 16:23

Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Can't seem to get this part through to them in regard to the last supper. They insist on following what they can physically see and physically touch instead of simply trusting God at His word.
Because they like to think it makes them closer to Jesus, it doesn't. I mean they go out the same as when they went in.

Can't seem to get this part through to them in regard to the last supper. They insist on following what they can physically see and physically touch instead of simply trusting God at His word.
Material 'hosts' of miracles isn't unbiblical.

Acts 19 11 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12 so that when the handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were brought to the sick, their diseases left them, and the evil spirits came out of them.

Material 'hosts' of miracles isn't unbiblical.

Acts 19 11 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12 so that when the handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were brought to the sick, their diseases left them, and the evil spirits came out of them.

No one is denying miracles happened in bible times, however we are told in Scripture to believe in the one God sent to be saved. Nothing about relying on our physical senses to be saved. And that is what a person is doing when he or she desires for a physical, tangible and the material experience instead doing what God told us to do and that is "believe in the one He sent" in regard to receiving salvation. Not one apostle instructs anyone anywhere in Scripture to rely on what can be seen, but to rely on God who is unseen.

Rc's hang on one verse in john because it is something that satisfies their physical senses and easier than trusting God. From all the posts together from rc's on this forum, it is clear that rc's do not trust God. Their trust is always placed somewhere else.

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.

Acts 16:31
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

John 1:12
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

John 3:18
Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life.

1 John 3:23
And this is His commandment: that we should believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and we should love one another just as He commanded us

Because Jesus said so.
And it takes faith to believe Him.
"This is My body", "...this is My blood"

Because Jesus said so.
And it takes faith to believe Him.
"This is My body", "...this is My blood"

The more I read from rc's themselves the more I think that the rcc is a cult instead of being something listed under heterodox. Their real gods are an organization and mary. This organization called "the roman catholic church", is a very deceptive organization that is trying to hide behind the name "Christian". But for all words, deeds, and actions, it uses and attempts to foist upon others is anything but Christian.

Even atheists who do not believe God exists, say roman catholicism is more paganistic in word, deed, and nature than a Christian denomination. Even atheists are repulsed at the rcc belief of eating and drinking real flesh and blood eating. Even they describe it as cannibalism.

The more I read from rc's themselves the more I think that the rcc is a cult instead of being something listed under heterodox. Their real gods are an organization and mary. This organization called "the roman catholic church", is a very deceptive organization that is trying to hide behind the name "Christian". But for all words, deeds, and actions, it uses and attempts to foist upon others is anything but Christian.

Even atheists who do not believe God exists, say roman catholicism is more paganistic in word, deed, and nature than a Christian denomination. Even atheists are repulsed at the rcc belief of eating and drinking real flesh and blood eating. Even they describe it as cannibalism.
The more I read Protestant posts the more I realize that everything that makes them protestant is made up, so it doesn't seem to bother them to make up some more.

Back