Whose the Boss?

Nothing is more made up than establishing ones own church apart from the Church Jesus established.
Yep which is exactly what your early leaders did. Jesus would never touch your bad tree with a ten foot barge pole. He certainly never established an institution that would harm the sheep. Your leaders have harmed the sheep throughout the centuries.. I will not list here all of its bad fruit but it smells, to say Jesus established such an institution IMO is blaspheme.

Even atheists who do not believe God exists, say roman catholicism is more paganistic in word, deed, and nature than a Christian denomination. Even atheists are repulsed at the rcc belief of eating and drinking real flesh and blood eating. Even they describe it as cannibalism.
Atheists think belief in an invisible God is pagan. That a man can perform miracles, be killed and resurrected and taken up into a place in the sky, is pagan. Your argument here is very truncated and narrow.

Jesus makes the connection between God being spirit and worshiping Him in spirit and in truth

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

God is spirit which means He does not have a human body and since God is spirit, humans must worship Him accurately "in truth" and "in spirit" "with their heart and soul and all their being", as opposed to relying on the material, traditions, rituals, and physical locales.

As for Jesus being killed and resurrected, even the demon's know this and believe as much, but they don't put their trust in Him. And neither does the rcc. All that you have spoken is mere lip service in regard to Jesus. No, the real rc faith and trust is in an institution, material, traditions, and physical locales. All of which you, yourself can physically see, and physically touch.

Atheists as well as non-rc's are repulsed by what rc's say about the wafer and wine, that according to rc's, that during the mass rc' adherents really are, and truly eating and drinking a human. The very description of cannibalism. That is so disgusting.

Scripture in both OT as well as the NT forbids the drinking of blood. Jesus would not be teaching or commanding such, contrary to what Scripture says.

This crap of the wafer changing from bread to flesh and blood was NOT taught by the apostles. But introduced into the rcc around the year 1100 by a church leader who was very heavily influenced by pagan belief' and philosophies.

Post by rc's on here have shown me that the faith in Jesus is very short lived and quickly replaced by an institution and traditions that are so far removed from the teachings by the apostles.

Jesus makes the connection between God being spirit and worshiping Him in spirit and in truth

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

God is spirit which means He does not have a human body and since God is spirit, humans must worship Him accurately "in truth" and "in spirit" "with their heart and soul and all their being", as opposed to relying on the material, traditions, rituals, and physical locales.

As for Jesus being killed and resurrected, even the demon's know this and believe as much, but they don't put their trust in Him. And neither does the rcc. All that you have spoken is mere lip service in regard to Jesus. No, the real rc faith and trust is in an institution, material, traditions, and physical locales. All of which you, yourself can physically see, and physically touch.

Atheists as well as non-rc's are repulsed by what rc's say about the wafer and wine, that according to rc's, that during the mass rc' adherents really are, and truly eating and drinking a human. The very description of cannibalism. That is so disgusting.

Scripture in both OT as well as the NT forbids the drinking of blood. Jesus would not be teaching or commanding such, contrary to what Scripture says.

This crap of the wafer changing from bread to flesh and blood was NOT taught by the apostles. But introduced into the rcc around the year 1100 by a church leader who was very heavily influenced by pagan belief' and philosophies.

Post by rc's on here have shown me that the faith in Jesus is very short lived and quickly replaced by an institution and traditions that are so far removed from the teachings by the apostles.
I'd love if @Bonnie could contribute to this conversation but I think she would plead the 5th citing 'the rules'. Because what your objection is is a well documented heresy called docetism. ie. the Real Jesus and His legacy are just theories and have no physical reality. You don't represent all nonCC's at all and you could do a deep dive into the history of docetism and see what you think.

I'd love if @Bonnie could contribute to this conversation but I think she would plead the 5th citing 'the rules'. Because what your objection is is a well documented heresy called docetism. ie. the Real Jesus and His legacy are just theories and have no physical reality. You don't represent all nonCC's at all and you could do a deep dive into the history of docetism and see what you think.
False claims once again. Bonnie always speaks the truth. RCC is into gnosticism they believe they have secret knowledge and that is where their false doctrines come from.

Where did I say Jesus was just a theory and not a real person? Point it out to us.

I gave you Scripture in which Jesus was speaking verbatim. Jesus, Himself was speaking to the woman at the well. HE, HIMSELF said God is spirit. Its all there in black and white plain as day, in Scripture.

JOHN 4:21-24
21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

The poster said nothing of the sort, but pointed out that God is spirit....and He is. Jesus is God incarnate.

No such thing....His own church is the Body of Christ...made up ALL believers regardless of what church building they attend.
Where is that in Scripture?
And who has the authority to define who a believer is? Can a person believe error and still be a believer? No, otherwise there wouldn't have been a problem with all the heresies that have popped up over time.

Where is that in Scripture?

It doesn't have to be. I could ask you why you don't gather in someones home, as the apostles did.

God places people in His body as He pleases.

But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.

And who has the authority to define who a believer is?

Scripture makes this abundantly clear. But you must have missed that part....how do you know you are a believer?
Can a person believe error and still be a believer?

Depends on what the error is.
No, otherwise there wouldn't have been a problem with all the heresies that have popped up over time.

You don't seem to have a problem adhering to heretical beliefs.

Glad to see you can admit that you adhere to unscriptural doctrines. That's good to know.
Sorry but you already said it : "It doesn't have to be."
Where are the rules of Scripture posted in Scripture so we can all be aware of them?

I also see the point was completely missed by you. It doesn't matter WHERE we gather for worship, in a house or in a building.

It definitely matters with whom you worship and how you worship. You keep avoiding that point.
Where does the Bible spell out in detail how Christians are supposed to worship?

Sorry but you already said it : "It doesn't have to be."

Desperation on display from you....

I was referring to a specific thing....which is WHERE we gather to worship and you know this. All Scripture had to tell us is 'where two or more are gathered, I am there"....it doesn't matter WHERE that takes place.

As for Christian doctrine we need to adhere to....that is all contained in His written word.
Where are the rules of Scripture posted in Scripture so we can all be aware of them?

'Rules' of Scripture? What does that even mean. Your desperation is on full display again. You are free to believe whatever you wish.....Christians will adhere to Scripture and it's teachings.
It definitely matters with whom you worship and how you worship. You keep avoiding that point.

Where and when did I avoid that? We gather and worship God.
Where does the Bible spell out in detail how Christians are supposed to worship?

Where two or more are gathered, I am there.....

Does it matter where the gathering takes place? Nope. The apostles gathered in homes.

I was referring to a specific thing....which is WHERE we gather to worship and you know this. All Scripture had to tell us is 'where two or more are gathered, I am there"....it doesn't matter WHERE that takes place.
The "where" does matter.

Heb 13:10
We have an altar from which those who minister at the tabernacle have no right to eat.

Does your "where" have an altar?

A small request. Can anyone correct the title of the thread? Every time it comes to the top of the activity stream I get prickly skin at the spelling of 'whose'.

The "where" does matter.

Heb 13:10
We have an altar from which those who minister at the tabernacle have no right to eat.

Does your "where" have an altar?
There were no altars in homes.

No altar is needed to worship in Spirit and in Truth.

where two or more are gathered, I am there….

you either believe Him or you don’t.

The God-breathed word of God says "we have an alter".
If you don't have an altar, you're not in the "we".

Excellent point about the altars, there were also no altars in synagogues either because they do not do sacrifices. Jesus' dying on the cross was the last sacrifice and there is no need for any others.

Heb 9:12

He entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption.

Heb 7:27

Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

No need for priests to sacrifice anything at all, this is an RC fallacy.

Back