Whose Witness will you receive?

Where is regeneration mentioned in Colossians 2:13 I wonder. Do you see it there?
here

Colossians 2:13 (KJV) — 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Regeneration is not spelled quickened.
quickening - making alive however is regeneration

when the physically alive are stated to be made alive it is spiritual life which is regeneration which is in view

Colossians 2:13 (KJV) — 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

note your Calvinist peers affirm this refers to regeneration

quickening - making alive however is regeneration

when the physically alive are stated to be made alive it is spiritual life which is regeneration which is in view

note your Calvinist peers affirm this refers to regeneration
So you agree with the Calvinists that one is Spiritually dead in sins until they are regenerated then right?

So you agree with the Calvinists that one is Spiritually dead in sins until they are regenerated then right?
yes right after they believe

and here is proof quickening refers to regeneration

1. Verses used to show regeneration before faith
    1. Col. 2:13, “And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,”
    2. Eph. 2:4-5, “But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).”
Irresistible Grace - What is Irresistible Grace? | carm.org

1. Col. 2:13, “And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,”
    2. Eph. 2:4-5, “But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).”
For the sake of others on here, the above texts clearly show that regeneration happens, not after belief, but while dead in trespasses.

The above poster is adding his theology into the text, there is not one word that even remotely alludes to regeneration happening "after they believe."

He's even been so kind so as to underline the portion that refutes him. :)

Irresistible Grace - What is Irresistible Grace? | carm.org
Okay, great. So what

For the sake of others on here, the above texts clearly show that regeneration happens, not after belief, but while dead in trespasses.

The above poster is adding his theology into the text, there is not one word that even remotely alludes to regeneration happening "after they believe."

He's even been so kind so as to underline the portion that refutes him. :)
what you left out having forgiven us all sin (trespasses)

past participle transpires logically before regeneration temporarily at the time of regeneration

sin are not forgiven without faith and repentance

so faith and repentance are seen to transpire before regeneration

Q.E.D.

what you left out having forgiven us all sin (trespasses)

past participle transpires logically before regeneration temporarily at the time of regeneration

sin are not forgiven without faith and repentance

so faith and repentance are seen to transpire before regeneration

Q.E.D.
For the sake of others, the above poster never TOUCHED the part of the text I dealt with, which refutes him.

So let us move onto the second part "having been forgiven our trespasses." This too transpired while dead in sins, it is following along right with the text itself. This also refutes the posters position - - nothing in the text says anything about faith or belief prior to this being made alive unto salvation and forgiveness of sins.

The counterpart text of Ephesians 2 is similar to Colossians 2. After being "made alive," (regeneration) the text states what this means; "...by grace you have been saved;" 2:5. Faith isn't mentioned until 2:8, which is granted to the believer, it is not of themselves, nor is the salvation of ones self.

Take note all who are looking in please: Every single thing Christ accomplished and did for those He died for. They are listed in the text at hand, Ephesians 2:4-9. All those He died for, He also accomplished for every one of them the things listed.

This truth is also alluded to in the Romans 8:28-30 golden chain of redemption by the simple phrase "who also" tying all the things accomplished together for all those whom Jesus died for. Warning: Provisionists and anti-Calvinist humanists will twist the text, and attempt to make it out that all those things were done because of what they have done prior.

The facts are that these things were not accomplised for every single human who ever lived as others say. Thus, the proptiation is limitted to those persons that He acomplished the entirety of salvation for, not the world at large. He didn't seat every single human ever in the heavens with Him -- that is only one point of what He did for those for whom He died. Think it through.

Do you want to make certain that He died for your sins, and accomplished all that the text says He accomplished in His saving work? Repentance and belief in the Gospel is evidence of your true conversion, and that He paid your debt in full some 2000 years ago. So, repent of your sins, and trust in the work of Christ to save you.

Last edited:
I don't respond?! Get outta here.
I asked you a couple of question you would not respond to

I gave you an argument you did not respond to that either

You insisted evidence had to be presented in a certain manner

or you would not believe

I asked you a couple of question you would not respond to

I gave you an argument you did not respond to that either

You insisted evidence had to be presented in a certain manner

or you would not believe
I respond to your posts, Tom.

Here again is my response: CIte any passage stating, "Christ died for all men without exception," and I'll be compelled to come over to your side."

Deal with it. I'm no longer interested in your "exegesis," so-called.

I respond to your posts, Tom.

Here again is my response: CIte any passage stating, "Christ died for all men without exception," and I'll be compelled to come over to your side."

Deal with it. I'm no longer interested in your "exegesis," so-called.
you did not address my arguments or answer my questions

that is a fact

and you are still framing

you did not address my arguments or answer my questions

that is a fact

and you are still framing
You continue to falsely claim I'm not addressing your arguments. Following is my addressing of your arguments and questions: CIte any passage stating, "Christ died for all men without exception," and I'll be compelled to come over to your side."

You continue to falsely claim I'm not addressing your arguments. Following is my addressing of your arguments and questions: CIte any passage stating, "Christ died for all men without exception," and I'll be compelled to come over to your side."
framing again

Cite any passage where it is stated Christ died for the elect alone

Back