Why ask this question?

SteveB

once again, there's that dishonesty you're known for.
🤣
So your statement to @HouOz Was a private matter?

Yeah, it's not my burden to disprove your God.
Yes it is actually.
You claim he doesn't exist.
Fine.
Prove it.
He said that he inhabits eternity yet dwells with the humble and contrite.
He further stated that he holds the entirety of the cosmos in the span of his hand.
So, the easiest way for you to do it is to travel beyond the reaches of the cosmos and prove he's not there.

As far as absurdity. drowning children in a great flood is an absurd solution.
Considering that is a really lame assumption with nothing but opinion to corroborate it, I think the absurdity is that statement.

Imagined salvation from imagined torment is absurd.
Imagined salvation from imagined torment is indeed absurd.

It's why we who follow Jesus don't believe in imagined either.

Perhaps you could attempt to demonstrate that your God isn't imaginary.
Come to repentance and place your trust in Jesus and you'll find out for yourself.

Or is that the problem?
You don't actually want to know for yourself.
You just want people to use words to magically convince you that there is a reality beyond your awareness.

bigthinker

🤣
So your statement to @HouOz Was a private matter?

Yes it is actually.
No, it isn't actually.
You claim he doesn't exist.
I do not. Are you arguing from ignorance? If you are going to say something about my position, you should pay attention to what it is.
My position is that your God exists in your imagination.
Fine.
Prove it.
Certainly, with your help:
There is nothing your God can do outside of your imagination. You will fail to present any evidence to the contrary.
He said that he inhabits eternity yet dwells with the humble and contrite.
We all inhabit eternity. And I dwell with the humble and contrite. Maybe your God DOES exist! Maybe I am He?! lol.
He further stated that he holds the entirety of the cosmos in the span of his hand.
Blah blah blah. What does that guy from the Matrix say? What does Spiderman have to say?
So, the easiest way for you to do it is to travel beyond the reaches of the cosmos and prove he's not there.
Except all I have to do is point out that you believe in God and that your God exists in your imagination.
Considering that is a really lame assumption with nothing but opinion to corroborate it, I think the absurdity is that statement.
Of course you do, you lack morals and a connection to reality. Your God exists in your imagination, ANYthing is possible there, and God can be whatever you desire him to be.
Look, you can, at any time, demonstrate that I am wrong (but you won't, you'll just make excuses) by demonstrating that your God exists OUTSIDE of your imagination.
Imagined salvation from imagined torment is indeed absurd.
And that is what you are talking about, your imagination.
It's why we who follow Jesus don't believe in imagined either.
Sure, you don't call it that but its no different.
Come to repentance and place your trust in Jesus and you'll find out for yourself.
No need, I'm sorted, thanks. I'm not a pathetic hopeless loser -I mean sinner.
Or is that the problem?
The problem is that outside of your imagination, your God is weak and non-existent. The problem is that you cannot demonstrate otherwise.
You don't actually want to know for yourself.
Again, no responsibility on your part, you are blaming me for your shortcomings, your inability (or laziness?) to make your case, to support your absurd fantasy.
You just want people to use words to magically convince you that there is a reality beyond your awareness.
No, I just expect people to have integrity and support their beliefs, however absurd. If you believe it to be true, you should be able to support it with facts and evidence, especially if you want to convince others.