Why ask this question?

SteveB

No, it isn't actually.
Ok. So your post to @HouOz Wasn't a private conversation. Therefore you've made it clear that you're only here to troll.

I do not. Are you arguing from ignorance?
Considering that you've explicitly stated you're only here to troll, this is an immaterial question.

If you are going to say something about my position, you should pay attention to what it is.
My position is that your God exists in your imagination.
Trolling again?

Certainly, with your help:
There is nothing your God can do outside of your imagination. You will fail to present any evidence to the contrary.
Do what Jesus said.
He was quite clear that is exactly the means by which he will demonstrate himself real and knowable to all comers.

Joh 7:16-18 WEB 16 Jesus therefore answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. 17 If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself. 18 He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory, but he who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Joh 14:23 WEB Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.

We all inhabit eternity. And I dwell with the humble and contrite. Maybe your God DOES exist! Maybe I am He?! lol.
If you were actually YHVH, you'd be testifying of Jesus.
Since you make a mockery of Jesus and have previously made it clear that you are only here to troll, if you're anyone, you're among the demonized.

Blah blah blah. What does that guy from the Matrix say? What does Spiderman have to say?
Still trolling I see.

Except all I have to do is point out that you believe in God and that your God exists in your imagination.
Yep. A troll who has no interest whatsoever in the truth would indeed say such things.

Of course you do, you lack morals and a connection to reality. Your God exists in your imagination, ANYthing is possible there, and God can be whatever you desire him to be.
Look, you can, at any time, demonstrate that I am wrong (but you won't, you'll just make excuses) by demonstrating that your God exists OUTSIDE of your imagination.
Then demonstrate that.

And that is what you are talking about, your imagination.
Yeah. I've yet to observe imagination heal repeatedly recurrencing stage four metastatic melanoma cancer, let alone a bullet wound.
Even medical doctors have stated that my healings were miraculous.

Thus, it's becoming increasingly apparent that it's your own imagination that is at work here.
Further demonstrating that the words of Jesus are true.

Mat 12:35-37 WEB 35 The good man out of his good treasure brings out good things, and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings out evil things. 36 I tell you that every idle word that men speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Sure, you don't call it that but its no different.
Quite adept at trolling I see.

No need, I'm sorted, thanks. I'm not a pathetic hopeless loser -I mean sinner.
Well, if you're not a sinner, then Jesus didn't come to save you.
He expressly stated that he came to call sinners to repentance and save sinners.
Thus, your statement is definitive proof that you are simply here to troll.

The problem is that outside of your imagination, your God is weak and non-existent. The problem is that you cannot demonstrate otherwise.
Slander doesn't work in your best interests.
It does however add wrath to your condemnation.

Again, no responsibility on your part, you are blaming me for your shortcomings, your inability (or laziness?) to make your case, to support your absurd fantasy.
Your refusal to follow Jesus just adds wrath to your condemnation.

Rom 1:21-23 WEB 21 Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, four-footed animals, and creeping things.

As Tommy Shaw, of the band Styx once said-- you're killing yourself and you don't believe it!
He goes on to say,
Why must you be such an angry young man when your future looks quite bright to me? How can there be such a sinister plan that could hide such a lamb, such a caring young man...

No, I just expect people to have integrity and support their beliefs, however absurd.
And yet you repeatedly refuse to take the time to learn and do what Jesus said for yourself.

Shaw's lyric applies so eloquently here!
You're fooling yourself and you don't believe it!

If you believe it to be true, you should be able to support it with facts and evidence, especially if you want to convince others.
I have the most eloquent facts....

Experience.
And you are being given the opportunity to engage him yourself and corroborate the claims of the gospel for yourself.

Stop fooling yourself.
Take the time to learn to understand and follow Jesus.

bigthinker

Do what Jesus said.
He was quite clear that is exactly the means by which he will demonstrate himself real and knowable to all comers.
Sure but Spiderman doesn't necessarily agree. I've asked Santa but am still waiting his reply.
Joh 7:16-18 WEB 16 Jesus therefore answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. 17 If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself. 18 He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory, but he who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Joh 14:23 WEB Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.

If you were actually YHVH, you'd be testifying of Jesus.
Since you make a mockery of Jesus
Is it possible to mock something that doesn't actually seem to exist?
If anything I mock the character called Jesus.

Yeah. I've yet to observe imagination heal repeatedly recurrencing stage four metastatic melanoma cancer, let alone a bullet wound.
Even medical doctors have stated that my healings were miraculous.
I bet those doctors would not say the healing was supernatural.
Othherwise, what would they be doing, right?!
Thus, it's becoming increasingly apparent that it's your own imagination that is at work here.
Further demonstrating that the words of Jesus are true.
In your imagination. In fact, whatever you want to be true can be true, in your imagination.
Well, if you're not a sinner, then Jesus didn't come to save you.
Yep.
He expressly stated that he came to call sinners to repentance and save sinners.
And Neo expressly stated that he was not The One.
I have the most eloquent facts....
You apparently have nothing.
Experience.
And you are being given the opportunity to engage him yourself and corroborate the claims of the gospel for yourself.

Stop fooling yourself.
Take the time to learn to understand and follow Jesus.
I understand completely.
The problem with direct engagement is that God and Jesus exist in YOUR imagination so if I want to engage with them, I have to go through you.

SteveB

Sure but Spiderman doesn't necessarily agree.
No surprise. Although, from what I've read, all the super heroes have been talking with Jesus about it.

I see Flash is even reading the bible to check out for himself what Jesus is saying. You should do likewise.

I've asked Santa but am still waiting his reply.
Well, the only Santa I'm acquainted with died in the late 4th century or early 5th century. Plus, he was a bishop in western Turkey. So you'll find that he's going to tell you to follow Jesus.

Is it possible to mock something that doesn't actually seem to exist?
Really?
So your ignorance of a reality you're not familiar with is your justification for your rudeness?🤦🏾‍♂️

That's not very bright.
Do you always mock and act rudely towards things you have no knowledge of or experience with?

If anything I mock the character called Jesus.
That's not a healthy practice.

I bet those doctors would not say the healing was supernatural.
Well, considering that your fellow atheists lacked the intellectual courage to come find out, I'll no longer extend the invitation for you to come find out.

Othherwise, what would they be doing, right?!
Doing the same job they did before and after they informed me that they were convinced that my restoration of health was a miracle.
Practicing medicine.

In your imagination. In fact, whatever you want to be true can be true, in your imagination.
Medical professionals with decades of experience and education in their respective medical fields have corroborated that there's no imagination required.
You keep shaming yourself though. This is just too embarrassing to watch you play with yourself.
Yep.

And Neo expressly stated that he was not The One.
Indeed!
Jesus stated

Joh 14:6 WEB Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

So, Neo was right. Jesus IS.

You apparently have nothing.
🤣

I clearly have a lot more than you.
You're the one who has explicitly stated that you mock Jesus, and are nothing more than a troll.
I understand completely.
If you actually do understand, you're in a very deep world of poop, and it's not a pretty sight!

Joh 9:39-41 WEB 39 Jesus said, “I came into this world for judgment, that those who don’t see may see; and that those who see may become blind.” 40 Those of the Pharisees who were with him heard these things, and said to him, “Are we also blind?” 41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

The problem with direct engagement is that God and Jesus exist in YOUR imagination so if I want to engage with them, I have to go through you.
Nope.
You engage through Jesus Christ.

The problem here with your "imagination" routine is that you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding that the bible existed thousands of years before I was born, and even longer before you were born.

YHVH himself has existed for eternity, so you just demonstrated that you have no clue what you're talking about.

I.e., everything you carry on about is entirely about your own imagination.

Attachments

• Jesus talks with super heroes.jpg
    Jesus talks with super heroes.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 0

SteveB

Since you have repeatedly refused to actually explain what your 'method' is, it is falsified.
No. It just means that you have repeatedly refused to follow the instructions given.

Your refusal to do so doesn't falsify the method at all.

It just means that you lack the intellectual courage necessary to know the truth.

That's a you thing. Not a bible thing.

bigthinker

No surprise. Although, from what I've read, all the super heroes have been talking with Jesus about it.
lol. Right. So you agree that Jesus is as imaginary as super heroes.
I see Flash is even reading the bible to check out for himself what Jesus is saying. You should do likewise.
LOL.
Well, the only Santa I'm acquainted with died in the late 4th century or early 5th century. Plus, he was a bishop in western Turkey. So you'll find that he's going to tell you to follow Jesus.
LOL
Really?
So your ignorance of a reality you're not familiar with is your justification for your rudeness?
You feel that I'm being rude?
LOL.
That's not very bright.
Do you always mock and act rudely towards things you have no knowledge of or experience with?
I only mock that which is worthy of mockery.
That's not a healthy practice.
There is no practical consequence. What is your Jesus going to do, escape your imagination and come and get me?
Besides, I mock the character -like one might mock Darth Vader or Spiderman.
I'm still not convinced that your Jesus is real outside of your imagination.
Well, considering that your fellow atheists lacked the intellectual courage to come find out, I'll no longer extend the invitation for you to come find out.
All of them have found out. All of them have the intellectual integrity to give honest responses. So perhaps you have been talking to Christians and are just confused?
Doing the same job they did before and after they informed me that they were convinced that my restoration of health was a miracle.
Practicing medicine.
Yep, and not one thought it was supernatural. Otherwise they could charge less and just let the *magic* happen.
Medical professionals with decades of experience and education in their respective medical fields have corroborated that there's no imagination required.
Right, imagination isn't required because the science is real.
Indeed!
Jesus stated

Joh 14:6 WEB Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

So, Neo was right. Jesus IS.
But then it turned out that Neo IS the One. So....
I clearly have a lot more than you.
A lot more imagination -and some friends there that I do not have. ;-)
You're the one who has explicitly stated that you mock Jesus,
Well, not an actual Jesus. I hired him once to do install some flooring I had. Much respect for his craftsmanship.
No, I mock the literary character.
If you actually do understand, you're in a very deep world of poop, and it's not a pretty sight!
ooooooh! Is there an ACTUAL consequence? Or just something I should be concerned about in your imagination?
Nope.
You engage through Jesus Christ.
Who, it seems, only exists in your imagination.
The problem here with your "imagination" routine is that you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding that the bible existed thousands of years before I was born, and even longer before you were born.
That's not a problem. Lots of books were written before you were born and you don't pretend to have relationships with any of the characters from those books -as far as I know.
YHVH himself has existed for eternity,
In your imagination.
so you just demonstrated that you have no clue what you're talking about.
If I don't, then you ought to be able to demonstrate the existence of Jesus outside of your imagination. Keep in mind, other believers keep a Jesus in their imaginations as well.
Are you telling me that you are also imaginary?

Electric Skeptic

No. It just means that you have repeatedly refused to follow the instructions given.
No, it just means that you have repeatedly refused to give the instructions for your 'method'.
Your refusal to do so doesn't falsify the method at all.
Your failure to do so makes the method non-existent.
It just means that you lack the intellectual courage necessary to know the truth.
It just means that you lack the intellectual courage necessary to provide your 'method'.

SteveB

lol. Right. So you agree that Jesus is as imaginary as super heroes.

LOL.

LOL

You feel that I'm being rude?
LOL.

I only mock that which is worthy of mockery.

There is no practical consequence. What is your Jesus going to do, escape your imagination and come and get me?
Besides, I mock the character -like one might mock Darth Vader or Spiderman.
I'm still not convinced that your Jesus is real outside of your imagination.

All of them have found out. All of them have the intellectual integrity to give honest responses. So perhaps you have been talking to Christians and are just confused?

Yep, and not one thought it was supernatural. Otherwise they could charge less and just let the *magic* happen.

Right, imagination isn't required because the science is real.

But then it turned out that Neo IS the One. So....

A lot more imagination -and some friends there that I do not have. ;-)

Well, not an actual Jesus. I hired him once to do install some flooring I had. Much respect for his craftsmanship.
No, I mock the literary character.

ooooooh! Is there an ACTUAL consequence? Or just something I should be concerned about in your imagination?

Who, it seems, only exists in your imagination.

That's not a problem. Lots of books were written before you were born and you don't pretend to have relationships with any of the characters from those books -as far as I know.

In your imagination.

If I don't, then you ought to be able to demonstrate the existence of Jesus outside of your imagination. Keep in mind, other believers keep a Jesus in their imaginations as well.

Are you telling me that you are also imaginary?
I'd say that you have to decide for yourself if you believe I'm imaginary.

So far, everything you've stated in your posts has all been your imagination.

SteveB

No, it just means that you have repeatedly refused to give the instructions for your 'method'.
You clearly don't have any reading comprehension then.
Because I've been repeatedly stating my "method" for the past several years.

Read the bible and do what Jesus said.

I started by asking YHVH questions about him, and Jesus and the gospel.

Your failure to do so makes the method non-existent.
By all means. You go right ahead and believe that.
I'm always saddened by people who deliberately choose willful ignorance.

It just means that you lack the intellectual courage necessary to provide your 'method'.
Read the bible and talk to YHVH about Jesus and the gospel.
I read an article the other day about the secretary of the atheist party of Kenya.
He apparently resigned his position as secretary because he met Jesus.
The letter from the president of the atheist party was equally intriguing...

He accepted the resignation of the secretary, talking about how faithful and diligent he'd been in his duties and his membership in the party. He then stated the reason why the secretary was leaving...
He met Jesus.

Considering that you clearly don't like reading what I've stated, I'd say that it's definitely a you thing, and it has everything to do with the bible. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Electric Skeptic

You have not. You have repeatedly failed to do so, despite repeated requests.
Done that. If that's a description of your 'method', then it's equally a description of what I've - and many others - have done.
Me too. Got zilch.
By all means. You go right ahead and believe that.
I will. I always believe what is evidenced.
I'm always saddened by people who deliberately choose willful ignorance.
As am I.
Done it.
I read an article the other day about the secretary of the atheist party of Kenya.

He accepted the resignation of the secretary, talking about how faithful and diligent he'd been in his duties and his membership in the party. He then stated the reason why the secretary was leaving...
He met Jesus.
That's nice. Completely irrelevant, but nice. I suppose.
Considering that you clearly don't like reading what I've stated, I'd say that it's definitely a you thing, and it has everything to do with the bible. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Considering that you clearly don't like reading what I've stated, I'd say that it's definitely a you thing, and it has nothing to do with the bible.

bigthinker

I'd say that you have to decide for yourself if you believe I'm imaginary.
You said:
My question is: does that include you?
So far, everything you've stated in your posts has all been your imagination.
You're kind of correct.
I've been sharing ideas, which are conceptual in nature -similar to your Jesus. The difference is that I don't pretend that my ideas exist outside of my mind -which is how they are different from your Jesus.

bigthinker

Yeah, that's nice but doesn't work unless one has prior belief in Jesus.
Also, the potential for self-fulfillment and confirmation bias is pretty high with such a method. Surely you've thought that through.
Its not unlike a person calling a plumber because they have a leak and the plumber just tells them to believe they don't have a leak and to do what Jesus said to do.
Yep, we've all done that.
Well, that's the problem, see... You have such control over YHVH and you don't seem interested in granting access.
Delusion apparently isn't restricted to the United States.
The article I read said he returned to his first love, Jesus Christ.
He met Jesus.
The Jesus in his imagination.
Funny, Jesus didn't mention anything about it; would a press release be too much to expect?