Why believe the Gospels?

stiggy wiggy

Manna from the sky in NYC. God appears and parts the Red Sea this week while scientists observe and measure. God stops the sun in the sky while NASA tests and observes.

How does that test God? You think He should take His marching orders from puny little you?

Christians need to have god performs a miracle in present day.

Prove I need that. Your evidence?
I do not know.

Correct. You are clueless.
Just google it. There are a billion Hindus.

I googled it. Nothing about billions hearing Shiva.
You have not explained what revelation even is.

It's revealing truths. Look the word up; don't remain ignorant.

You are ......... asking what Shiva said.

Correct. And you can't answer.

Feel free to blow my mind with your proof of god.

Prove I said I have a proof of god.

Lighthearted Atheist

How does that test God? You think He should take His marching orders from puny little you?
This is about you - not God. You claim to know god. To prove what you claim is true then you need to provide proof. An example would be for you to get your god to perform miracles while we observe, measure, and test.

Or not. It does not matter much to me. But if you want others to believe you or to come to Jesus then you have to prove your claim.

stiggy wiggy

This is about you - not God. You claim to know god. To prove what you claim is true then you need to provide proof.

No, YOU need to provide proof that I am interested in proving to you that my beliefs are true.

To prove what you claim is true then you need to provide proof. An example would be for you to get your god to perform miracles while we observe, measure, and test.

I seriously doubt that God is interested in performing tricks at my command to entertain you.

But if you want others to believe you or to come to Jesus then you have to prove your claim.

CLAIM? My beliefs are not claims. Quote me trying to get you to believe what I believe. I'm only here to point out the stupidity of your claim that one should not believe anything without empirical evidence when you have no empirical evidence to back up that claim.

Lighthearted Atheist

No, YOU need to provide proof that I am interested in proving to you that my beliefs are true.
My bad. I accept that you think you can post claims here and you have no responsibility to back them up.
I seriously doubt that God is interested in performing tricks at my command to entertain you.
I think I get it. You cannot prove your claims of God and Jesus with evidence. And, as established above, you do not even feel a need to prove you claims.

And, apparently, you will continue to make claims on an apologetic forum dedicated to proving Christianity to atheists.

Got it. That all makes total sense.
CLAIM? My beliefs are not claims. Quote me trying to get you to believe what I believe. I'm only here to point out the stupidity of your claim that one should not believe anything without empirical evidence when you have no empirical evidence to back up that claim.
You claim to know God and Jesus. Don't worry about it anymore. You've established that you think you can make claims and not prove them. So you can claim to know god, you can claim to be god, you can claim to be 11 feet tall, and you can claim to own a pet dragon.

We'll just smile, nod, and ask no questions. I mean no one will believe you or take you seriously. But we will no longer ask for proof.

Thanks for the chat. I understand Christians better now. Take care stiggy.

stiggy wiggy

My bad. I accept that you think you can post claims here and you have no responsibility to back them up.

Kinda like how you miserably fail to back up your idiotic belief that I somehow have a responsibility to "back up" every belief that I have to you of all people.

I think I get it. You cannot prove your claims of God and Jesus with evidence.

WRONG! The evidence He has given me is all the proof I need.

And, as established above, you do not even feel a need to prove you claims.

Correct.

And, apparently, you will continue to make claims on an apologetic forum dedicated to proving Christianity to atheists.

Correct. I will continue to point out the stupidity of your claim that one should not believe anything without empirical evidence when you have no empirical evidence to back up that claim.