Why celebrate the Jesus' sacrifice

balshan

RCs place a lot of emphasis on Jesus' death, sacrifice. It is celebrated regularly in some churches daily. But what about His resurrection. That is just once a year. Why?

He is alive.

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

The Comforter is 365/24/7

The Seventh Day adventists have a Saturday deity. Catholics a Good Friday deity

The real deal is 365 day Jesus.

He is alive.

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

The Comforter is 365/24/7

The Seventh Day adventists have a Saturday deity. Catholics a Good Friday deity

The real deal is 365 day Jesus.
So true and He is Risen everyday.

RCs place a lot of emphasis on Jesus' death, sacrifice. It is celebrated regularly in some churches daily. But what about His resurrection. That is just once a year. Why?
Every Mass celebrates Jesus' death and resurrection.

"We proclaim your Death, O Lord,
and profess your Resurrection
until you come again."

Every Mass celebrates Jesus' death and resurrection.

"We proclaim your Death, O Lord,
and profess your Resurrection
until you come again."
Not really a few words means absolutely nothing at all. If it was more than a death celebration then the evil priests would not have been able to preside over the service for a start. They are bringers of death, harbingers of death. The abusive priests have not all been laicised, so they can still preside over the service.

The reason Sunday is our holy day of the week is in honor of the resurrection. Every Sunday is a little Easter.
Do you think Jesus’ death should not be emphasized?

The reason Sunday is our holy day of the week is in honor of the resurrection. Every Sunday is a little Easter.
Do you think Jesus’ death should not be emphasized?
Not what I said. But I certainly do not think evil priests should be able to preside over the celebration. That means there is more focus on death and definitely not on salvation.

Not what I said. But I certainly do not think evil priests should be able to preside over the celebration. That means there is more focus on death and definitely not on salvation.
Each Catholic Mass is presided over by the sinless High Priest. The human priest (who is always a sinner) is merely Jesus’s instrument.

Each Catholic Mass is presided over by the sinless High Priest. The human priest (who is always a sinner) is merely Jesus’s instrument.
I can tell you now the sinless High Priest (Jesus) would never tolerate a priest who abused children touching Him. Jesus had empathy He would feel for the victims. It is blaspheme to say that those men are His instruments.

I remember this quote:

A good man apologizes for the mistakes of the past, but a great man corrects them.

The problem for the RCC is that it does not rise to the level of the good man. It does not apologize for the wrongs until it is forced, which shows a clear lack of empathy. For an apology to be real, it must come from the heart. Every follower of Jesus has to have empathy, to have empathy one must have a heart.

Back