Why Christianity is evil.

Lt. Columbo

That is true as a description of this universe, which God did not create, but was created because of the fall. Indeed the nature of the creator of this world is blind, pitiless and indifferent.

Christianity has nothing to do with this universe. Nothing about it physical laws support or prove God exists or care. This is not God's realm or His intention for us to live here. That was caused by Adam. This is a foreign place.
I find this interesting. How did you come to believe this?

Harry Leggs

Yes. Just because we all agree something is wrong does not make it objective - just consensus.

For example we all agree that slavery is wrong - this does not make it objectively wrong.
What would make slavery and killing little girls for fun objectively wrong?
In 1800 in America many people thought it was a good thing.
You mean age of consent at 7 and 10 for girls? I don't think they did. Men did. This was hundreds of years ago, not thousands of years ago so what do you expect of ancient cultures? God meets us where we are at? Did that ever come across your radar or is your resentment blocking you?
Southern Christians quoted Leviticus to prove that it was the right thing to own slaves - it was by God's design.
You mean ancient legislation from ancient cultures? Keep in mind the audience here were Israelites who were generational slaves from Egypt. A decidedly pagan culture. They even had tests for virginity invloving a sheet with blood on it. It means they were sort of backward or primitive in the first place. They were not all that far off from marrying their sisters for golly gosh sakes. What really do you expect and why? Do you expect toddlers to do logarithm equations?
Its subjective to the person, the culture, and the time. Today Christians find that use of Leviticus vile but it cannot be proven objectively.
What cannot be proven objectively and why does everything have to be proven objectively in the first place? It does not. We do not operate that way. What that usually means is i do not believe this and no amount of evidence will convince otherwise. So lets skip the pretense of objectivity when the mind here is slammed shut.
It just shows that Christians subjective ideas on slavery changed over the past few hundred years.
And there is no reason for atheist to change anything since it is all subjective.
You can destroy my argument any time you like. Just show how you can objectively measure that killing girls is wrong.
It would do no good. See above quote about pretense of objectivity.
Or that slavery is wrong.
It would depend on type and treatment. Abuse would make it wrong. Kidnapping would make it wrong. Sex slavery with females or children would make it wrong. Working them to death would make it wrong. Things like that. You either get it or you do not and obviously you are in the latter.
Or that smoking marijuana is wrong. Or driving 5 over the speed limit. Anything really. I look forward to it.
Speed limit is wrong and comes with penalties attached. Including loss of driver license.
Right and wrong are subjective.
Is that objective or opinion?
You can use the most extreme examples to evoke emotion all you like - it will never be objective.
There is reality outside your mind. Abstracts exist, independent of time, space, and matter and human minds. Discovered not invented. You are simply denying moral codes from God for humans regulating behavior and duties with penalties attached. Why have you not learned anything from Eve regarding offspring? If you say you do not believe it then the unbelief is at the expense of your children. They bear the negative effects of your unbelief and you know is at some level but do not care. Either that or you are dead inside. Like the old Dylan song. ''Then he started dealing in slaves and Something inside of him died.....''
I'll help with an objective example: the moon is objectively 2,158.8 miles in diameter.
A triangle has three sides. Truth exists independent of human minds, space time and matter. Laws also exist. We know them intuitively just like birds know how to fly thousands of miles away to specific locations to mate. Or bees know how to make hives complete with hexagon storage made from wax. The most efficient construction. Is it intelligent design?

They found certain bees would start out making circles in the wax using their body as a tool. Scientists don't really know why it happens, but the bees seem to be using their body heat to melt the wax from a circle shape into a hexagon shape. ... “Hexagons apply to almost everything you can build.”Nov 2, 2015
--------
All this is objective evidence and will not have any affect since something is blocking you from grasping the concepts.

If you can show that killing girls is objectively wrong you win. I think it is not possible but I am open to being wrong :)
You can write all that in the anonymity of the net. It might be different in front of an audience where the price might be scorn or disbelief.

Last edited:

Whateverman

in your opinion and in the opinion of some others, no doubt. your opinion does not make what you say true.
do just think what you want... but I don't agree with you as to what scripture actually says, since it doesn't say what you indicated.
It also doesn't say what you indicated, either.

Electric Skeptic

in your opinion and in the opinion of some others, no doubt. your opinion does not make what you say true.
do just think what you want... but I don't agree with you as to what scripture actually says, since it doesn't say what you indicated.
It doesn't say what you indicated - not remotely. Nor can you show it does.

5wize

What would make slavery and killing little girls for fun objectively wrong?
2 easy things H.L. A common repulsion to the act unless there is a psychoses in play. And 2. A common desire to live without repulsion.

To live without this common experience of repulsion becomes an "objective" for us all and ends up codified in our lexicon of "objective" moral strategies.

Bob Carabbio

When a Christian takes on their faith, they project onto us all a capital debt to God and the damnation of suffering eternal hellfire of the entire world of non-Cristian humanity unless we propitiate their way to their God.
Nope, we don't. The "Capital debt" you OWE to GOD is there regardless of what we say, or don't say.

YOU (and I) both have SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT OF GOD"S GLORY. That's the simple TRUTH, whether you happen to like it or not.

If you DON'T take advantage of Jesus' SIN OFFERING which cleanses you for your SIN, you'll perish in HELL, and then the Lake of fire. NOT because "we say so", but simply because that's the way the creation works.

What WE do is WARN YOU of the problem you face.

5wize

Nope, we don't. The "Capital debt" you OWE to GOD is there regardless of what we say, or don't say.

YOU (and I) both have SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT OF GOD"S GLORY. That's the simple TRUTH, whether you happen to like it or not.

If you DON'T take advantage of Jesus' SIN OFFERING which cleanses you for your SIN, you'll perish in HELL, and then the Lake of fire. NOT because "we say so", but simply because that's the way the creation works.

What WE do is WARN YOU of the problem you face.
And here dear readers is one of the data-points I can refer you to as to whether Christians really do believe this or not.

e v e

And here dear readers is one of the data-points I can refer you to as to whether Christians really do believe this or not.
Heaven doesn’t function by data points luckily. otherwise it would be full of forest gumps.

5wize

Heaven doesn’t function by data points luckily. otherwise it would be full of forest gumps.
Heaven doesn't function at all. It is an ancient invention of a desire for eternal life and an explanation of why God's will is not done on earth... it is deferred to a kingdom to come.