Why do Atheists lie about the Devil?

Authentic Nouveau

>>>The Devil is the father of lies. Just ask Jesus who created all the angels including Lucifer and his club.

Why can't atheist Philosophy Professors tell the truth about Satan?

Just on the side, when I ask about the Devil, I don't get an honest answer from atheeists.

Secondly and along the lines of my Professional training, the respondents display dishonest behavior patterns like we see when we query felons under oath.

Jesus has kept his eye on Satan since He created him. Tell us something about the Devil Jesus doesn't know.

Authentic Nouveau

I remember when our German historian tried to make stuff up about Jesus

Matthew 4:1-11

4 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

bigthinker

>>>The Devil is the father of lies. Just ask Jesus who created all the angels including Lucifer and his club.

Just on the side, when I ask about the Devil, I don't get an honest answer from atheeists.

Secondly and along the lines of my Professional training, the respondents display dishonest behavior patterns like we see when we query felons under oath.

Jesus has kept his eye on Satan since He created him. Tell us something about the Devil Jesus doesn't know.
lol. Your posts are comical AN.
I like your name change btw.

We do. We say that The Devil is a concept of a supreme evil entity in Christianity. There is no empirical evidence to believe Satan exists.

The lie comes when Christians say there is proof for Satan. The only 'evidence' they have is ancient texts, personal feelings, and some very odd logic leaps. This is identical to the evidence for Loviator, Goddess of Pain.

By your standards all Christains lie about Loviator - I wonder why? What are they hiding?

;)

The Pixie

Why do Christian preachers lie about Satan?

Why do Christians lie about Isaiah 14 and say it is about Satan when the text clear says it is about the King of Babylon?

Why do Christians lie about Ezekiel 28 and say it is about Satan when the text clear says it is about the King of Tyre?

Why do Christians lie about Genesis 3 and say it is about Satan when the text clear says it is about a snake, a beast of the field?

Temujin

Why do Christian preachers lie about Satan?

Why do Christians lie about Isaiah 14 and say it is about Satan when the text clear says it is about the King of Babylon?

Why do Christians lie about Ezekiel 28 and say it is about Satan when the text clear says it is about the King of Tyre?

Why do Christians lie about Genesis 3 and say it is about Satan when the text clear says it is about a snake, a beast of the field?
In what sense is it possible to lie about a fictional character? Are all the Harry Potter fan fiction sites lying? There is the original Canon of course, but the structure of the Bible is so fractured and second hand, that the original Canon is perhaps not entirely clear. I would say that creating fan fiction spin-off, whether they be about Satan or whole new translations, is harmless fun. The harm comes when you start thinking that any of this is real. People who live their lives entirely in the Harry Potter universe, or the Bible universe, are a little strange.

The Pixie

In what sense is it possible to lie about a fictional character? Are all the Harry Potter fan fiction sites lying? There is the original Canon of course, but the structure of the Bible is so fractured and second hand, that the original Canon is perhaps not entirely clear. I would say that creating fan fiction spin-off, whether they be about Satan or whole new translations, is harmless fun. The harm comes when you start thinking that any of this is real. People who live their lives entirely in the Harry Potter universe, or the Bible universe, are a little strange.
If someone was to that Harry Potter's father is Dumbledore in the books, knowing that that is not true, then that would be a lie.

If someone claims Isaiah 14 is about Satan, knowing that that is not true, then that would be a lie.

Authentic Nouveau

When I ask atheists why they they lie about the Devil they not only furnish dishonest answers,

their response displays dishonest behavior. Deflection, denial, slander, ...

Why? Jesus told us why.

Diogenes

It's odd Christians never mention that Genesis 3:22 confirms Genesis 3:5. Also, if eating of the tree of life is required for eternal life, then Adam and Eve were already mortal when they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

In Job, Satan isn't presented as a dualistic counterpart to God, but rather subservient to God. Being a dualistic counterpart to God is more an influence of Zoroastrianism.

The Pixie

When I ask atheists why they they lie about the Devil they not only furnish dishonest answers,

their response displays dishonest behavior. Deflection, denial, slander, ...

Why? Jesus told us why.
When I ask Christians why they they lie about the Devil they not only furnish dishonest answers, their response displays dishonest behaviour. Deflection, denial, slander, etc.

Authentic Nouveau

You confirm my Professional observations.

Denial doesn't work either.

So you deflect to Harry Potter? That fails.

Lastly you can't prove harm.

You don't have the tools to back your wild assertions.

Diogenes

Sorry about that. After I posted, I suddenly thought you might not be... But you have blocked your profile, making it difficult to see your other posts.

I don't see how that's pertinent. Even in the Old Testament, Satan is presented as an adversarial entity. There's nothing in the OT or NT to suggest animals could talk on their own. Revelation has a direct reference. Eternal life is stolen from Gilgamesh by a serpent. But, hey, Christians are bad, stupid, liars, etc.

The fact I'm not Christian doesn't negate the hilarious stupidity of your retort.

Temujin

You confirm my Professional observations.
Lol!

Denial doesn't work either.
So why do you do it so much?

So you deflect to Harry Potter? That fails.
It's merely an example. The same would apply to Lord of the Rings or Noddy and Big Ears or the Bible. Fictional literary characters share the common feature that they are fictional.

Lastly you can't prove harm.
Clearly, you have never studied the Thirty Years War. Or the Crusades. Or the Spanish Inquisition. Or...you get the idea.

You don't have the tools to back your wild assertions.
Stick to the tools you are used to, a dustpan and brush.

Diogenes

Clearly, you have never studied the Thirty Years War. Or the Crusades. Or the Spanish Inquisition. Or...you get the idea.

The Crusades were largely geo-political due to the Byzantine Empire being invaded. The 30 yrs war also had geo-political components like internal strife in the nightmare that was the HRE and the Boubon-Hapsburg rivalry.

Temujin

The Crusades were largely geo-political due to the Byzantine Empire being invaded. The 30 yrs war also had geo-political components like internal strife in the nightmare that was the HRE and the Boubon-Hapsburg rivalry.
Agreed. However, the visceral hatred brought to focus by rival belief systems, is what I was referring to. The Northern Ireland conflict has political roots as well, but the religious element made it much worse.

I'm sure that in some instances religious belief can be beneficial to both individuals and communities, but there is no doubt that it has also caused harm.