Why do Calvinists disbelieve in and deny the sovereignty and power of God?

Simpletruther

Then that's holding "an opinion" and not belief. Because if you believed in reality that we met, then you'd know who I am in reality wouldn't you?
Argue with the dictionary not me.

You realize meaning is agreed upon by common usage?

You are welcome to redefine words all you want and have your own personal language. But don't expect people to understand you.

G

guest1

You "report it to have it removed" because you don't know how and why God is known to the believer and I do. And that angers you.
You have no clue about “ context “ with scripture or this forum .

Simpletruther

Is that how you determined or what showed you that God exists?

Dictionaries just lists words with their definitions. They don't show you how to reason or how the truth and reality is known to you..
So I am supposed to get my definitions from "some guy on a discussion forum" instead of accepted authorities on definitions. Not.

The objective reality is that whether God believes or not depends on what definition one is using for believe.

Simpletruther

So I am supposed to get my definitions from "some guy on a discussion forum" instead of accepted authorities on definitions. Not.

We know the truth and experience reality by belief and not by what unbelievers say words mean. The enemy is always at work using unbelievers to bastardize and make language so ambiguous that it is hard to reason with it anymore.

You are here and just "some guy on a discussion forum" too, so what are you referring to when you say this? I see more hubris in the A&C forum than in the Atheist forum.

What is supposed to matter here is the truth, because it is the truth that sets us free. And you cannot know the truth without a believing mind.

Not true.

If it is "objective reality", then it has to be a belief from God, because if it were unbelieved by God or not believed by Him, then what would make it objectively true in and about His reality to begin with? A matter of fact, how could you even know God doesn't believe, when the only way you have to know about His truth and reality is you believing it in reality and making His reality known to you. And since there is nothing outside of a believing mind that is even knowable in the first place, then God must have a believing mind, because a believing mind is the only thing that is knowable and the truth and reality can be known to reside.

Belief is when we accept and embrace something as true in and of reality.
So, if God is the truth and reality, then the only way to know God is to believe the truth and reality itself. There is a reason that the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and with a believing mind, it is because a believing mind is the only way and place the truth and reality can reside and exist, as outside of a believing mind the truth and reality isn't even knowable.
Well if you reject agreed upon sources of definitions then anything you utter can be true sure.

But yes my last post was objectively true. I already proved it with a quote from webster's.

Tercon

Well if you reject agreed upon sources of definitions then anything you utter can be true sure.

Strawman. I didn't say I rejected anything. I just pointed out that dictionaries are just lists of words and their meanings. And they are not an authority on how and why the truth and reality is known to us.

But yes my last post was objectively true. I already proved it with a quote from webster's.

So you think that a dictionary is how and why "objectively reality" is known to you, that's very telling.

Do you know what God says His truth and reality is known to His children?

Simpletruther

Strawman. I didn't say I rejected anything. I just pointed out that dictionaries are just lists of words and their meanings. And they are not an authority on how and why the truth and reality is known to us.

So you think that a dictionary is how and why "objectively reality" is known to you, that's very telling.

Do you know what God says His truth and reality is known to His children?
You most certainly did reject the definition I quoted from marian webster.

It is objective fact that this definition I quoted requires a lack of knowledge. And thus it cannot be true that God believes if one goes by that definition.

I didn't remotely make the claim you just attributed to me.

I feal it may be pointless going around in circles with you.

Tercon

You most certainly did reject the definition I quoted from marian webster.

It is objective fact that this definition I quoted requires a lack of knowledge. And thus it cannot be true that God believes if one goes by that definition.

Strawman. All I meant was that you are not supposed to use a dictionary as a reason to disbelieve the truth. Dictionaries don't show you how to reason or what is truth and reality. Rather, they are quite literally just a list of words and their definitions and that's it.

I didn't remotely make the claim you just attributed to me.

So, do you think that a dictionary is how and why "objectively reality" is known to you? If not, then stop pretending that a dictionary is anything more than a list of words and their meanings and nothing else.

I feal it may be pointless going around in circles with you.

Again, do you know what God says how and why His truth and reality is known to His children?

Simpletruther

Strawman. All I meant was that you are not supposed to use a dictionary as a reason to disbelieve the truth. Dictionaries don't show you how to reason or what is truth and reality. Rather, they are quite literally just a list of words and their definitions and that's it.

So, do you think that a dictionary is how and why "objectively reality" is known to you? If not, then stop pretending that a dictionary is anything more than a list of words and their meanings and nothing else.

Again, do you know what God says how and why His truth and reality is known to His children?
If you will not accept the basic objective fact that this definition I quoted requires a lack of knowledge. And thus it cannot be true that God believes if one goes by that definition.

If you can agree to that, maybe we can discuss your question. Otherwise I see no point banging my head with someone unable to agree on basic objective fact.

Tercon

If you will not accept the basic objective fact that this definition I quoted requires a lack of knowledge.

Actually disbelieving belief requires and entails knowledge is a denial of God's ordained mode by which He makes everything known and occur. Belief entails knowledge and unbelief entails lack of knowledge, because it is belief itself that makes the truth and reality of God known to believers. I believe that God makes me believe what I believe, because God tells us that "God's will be done" and not our own.

And thus it cannot be true that God believes if one goes by that definition.

I trust the Word of God rather than YOUR "definition", because belief and a believing mind is necessary in order for everything to be known and occur. And without a believing mind nothing is knowable including any occurrences. That's why QM requires and entails a believing mind in order for wave function collapse and entanglement to occur.

If you can agree to that, maybe we can discuss your question. Otherwise I see no point banging my head with someone unable to agree on basic objective fact.

I don't see any reason to believe you, because you are denying belief's capacity to make the truth and reality known to believers. And that's heretical teaching. God speaks of belief 245 times in the NT, that's more than love, repentance, grace and forgiveness. Does God love, does He have grace and does He forgive? Yes and more. But He mentions belief far more than any other thing that He and we must do and have. He doesn't tell us that He doesn't believe and disbelieves, rather He tells us to believe, because His believing mind is First Cause. His Believing Mind is the cause of every other believing mind and everything's occurrence, because outside of a believing mind nothing can even be known to occur. QM even demonstrates this.

Last edited:

Simpletruther

Actually disbelieving belief requires and entails knowledge is a denial of God's ordained mode by which He makes everything known and occur. Belief entails knowledge and unbelief entails lack of knowledge, because it is belief itself that makes the truth and reality of God known to believers. I believe that God makes me believe what I believe, because God tells us that "God's will be done" and not our own.

I trust the Word of God rather than YOUR "definition", because belief and a believing mind is necessary in order for everything to be known and occur. And without a believing mind nothing is knowable including any occurrences. That's why QM requires and entails a believing mind in order for wave function collapse and entanglement to occur.

I don't see any reason to believe you, because you are denying belief's capacity to make the truth and reality known to believers. And that's heretical teaching. God speaks of belief 245 times in the NT, that's more than love, repentance, grace and forgiveness. Does God love, does He have grace and does He forgive? Yes and more. But He mentions belief far more than any other thing that He and we must do and have. He doesn't tell us that He doesn't believe and disbelieves, rather He tells us to believe, because His believing mind is First Cause. His Believing Mind is the cause of every other believing mind and everything's occurrence, because outside of a believing mind nothing can even be known to occur. QM even demonstrates this.
You can't follow a discussion. I never claimed it was my definition.
Nor did I deny anyrhing. This the "banging my head" comment earlier.

I will not even try to explain again. My head hurts.

Tercon

You can't follow a discussion. I never claimed it was my definition.
Nor did I deny anyrhing. This the "banging my head" comment earlier.

I will not even try to explain again. My head hurts.
Your "head hurts" because you aren't used to dealing with the truth and reality of God.

Tercon

You have no clue about “ context “ with scripture or this forum .

Strawman and projection. Show me something in the Bible that I "have no clue about context with scripture". You won't debate with me because you know I speak the truth and this angers you.