Why do irrational atheists use hospitals run & started by churches?

Authentic Nouveau

When atheists pretend they are science big shots, how do they explain the large lab departments in hospitals. and many of those labs teach medical technology.

Tiburon

When atheists pretend they are science big shots, how do they explain the large lab departments in hospitals. and many of those labs teach medical technology.
And many of them are staffed by atheist and Christians who actually understand science.
Why do Christians go to hospitals? Don't they trust God to cure them?

Authentic Nouveau

And many of them are staffed by atheist and Christians who actually understand science.
Why do Christians go to hospitals? Don't they trust God to cure them?

Why do you go to a hospital started by Christians instead of waiting for dumb luck mutations to overcome disease?

Because other than a crucifix on the wall the entire hospital is run by secular science. There is no difference between a heart transplant surgery at a Christian named hospital and a secular hospital - both use science, technology, and medicine to perform the surgery. Christian named hospitals do not have better outcomes. No one is using faith to heal people.

Hospitals named for Saints is an anachronism that will fade in time.

Why do you go to a hospital when you are sick instead of a church? If the power comes from God and not all the secular technology then why not go to God's house for healing?

That is where I see hypocrisy. Christians claim god heals all but when they have a heart attack they get hooked up to a secular, science based EKG run by a Hindu nurse instead of going to their church.

Tiburon

Prove it.

Where will you spend eternity?

Religion Poisons Everything | Hitchens, Christopher

Seems like you can't 'splain why atheeists visit hospitals run by people atheists hate.
I will spend eternity as dispersed atoms probably. The majority of Hospitals where I live are government run. I, personally, don't particularly hate anyone.

5wize

Prove it.

Religion Poisons Everything | Hitchens, Christopher

Seems like you can't 'splain why atheeists visit hospitals run by people atheists hate.
Religion has been giving credit to God for good natural outcomes and blaming our disobedience for bad natural outcomes since the age of the prophets tried to explain why things weren't working to well for His chosen. Science and medicine back then was a slaughtered lamb on an altar.

Since then, Christians have been doing the same thing over and over, claiming science as belonging to God and suffering as belonging to humans all to be handled with a slaughtered lamb.

Grow out of it.

Prove it.
Evolution has been extensively proven. Evolution is the foundation for understanding biology, physics, chemistry, DNA, genetics, and medicine. Evolutions is taught in every elementary school on the Earth along with math, spelling, and the very basics that kids need to know.

If you say evolution is not true then genetics, biology, and aspects of chemistry and physics will not make any sense.

Evolution is accepted by everyone on the planet except YE Christians. Asking for proof of evolution in 2021 is like asking someone to prove gravity or calculus.

If you sincerely want the proof then check out this article in New Scientist on Evolutionary Theory - it does a great job of summarizing the evidence and you can review it all for yourself.

However, if you've made up your mind and are not open to evidence for evolution then there is nothing I can say.
I have no idea. I have no way to prove what, if anything, comes after death. Lots of people claim to know what happens in eternity - some say I'll go to heaven, some to hell, some say I'll be reincarnated, some say I'll become one with the Chi of life. None of them, including you, can prove any of that is true.
I do not hate Christians. I disagree with them - it is possible to disagree with someone and not hate them. We seem to have forgotten that. Most of my closest friends are Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, or Muslim. And I love them all.

I go to hospitals because that's where the best doctors and medical technology science can provide are. I'll go to a Christian named hospital, a secular named hospital, or a hospital with Lord Ganesha on the front door. As long as they use science and not faith to cure people I can ignore a crucifix in the MRI room :)

Temujin

Evolution is accepted by everyone on the planet except YE Christians. Asking for proof of evolution in 2021 is like asking someone to prove gravity or calculus.
This isn't quite true. When I worked in the UK prison service, I came across a number of radical Muslims who denied evolution, against the advice of their mufti.

Ficciones

Hospitals, like churches, are built and staffed by people, not angels, no matter how much they try to alienate their own abilities and achievements by attributing them to God.

bigthinker

Your post would appear more clever if you had asked why atheists go to tarot card readers and faith healers instead of asking why an atheist would go to a science based medical facility named after a saint or christian denomination.
Of course atheists, being "science big shots" don't go to faith healers because we understand how the scam works.