Why do Orthodox have Christ on the Crucifix at home and in Churches?

ziapueblo

There is no Pascha without Good and Holy Friday! There is no glorious resurrection without the cross. It is a reminder of His sacrifice for us and the whole world.

St. Paul's 2 Epistle to the Corinthians, " . . . but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles . . ."

There is no Pascha without Good and Holy Friday! There is no glorious resurrection without the cross. It is a reminder of His sacrifice for us and the whole world.

St. Paul's 2 Epistle to the Corinthians, " . . . but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles . . ."
Yes, they are two sides of the same coin.

We bow to Your Cross, O Lord, and we praise Your holy resurrection.--Hymn of veneration of the cross

There is no Pascha "on earth", with Good and Holy Friday representing the day of Christ's crucifixion "on earth", "according to the Scriptures". (i.e. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 - "quenches" the Spirit "on earth" -"despises" prophecies "on earth" - 100% deception "on earth" - Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's huge lie "on earth" - day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth" - not a "truer" order "according to the doctrine of Caesar "on earth" - Reference: Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's (decree - order - epistle) to the Church's (West/East) bishops shortly after the Council of Nicaea A.D. 325)

There is no Pascha "on earth", with Good and Holy Friday representing the day of Christ's crucifixion "on earth", according to the "doctrine of Christ". (i.e. Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31) (2 John 9) Jesus, the Messiah (Matthew 16:16), never authorized "oral traditions" of men "on earth" that "nullify" the word of God "on earth" (Matthew 15:7-9); (John 4:22-24).

There is no Pascha "on earth", with Good and Holy Friday representing the day of Christ's crucifixion "on earth", according to the Gospel of John. (i.e. John 4:22-24) The Apostle John never authorized pagan worship rituals "on earth" in the name of Christ.

There is no Pascha "on earth", with Good and Holy Friday representing the day of Christ's crucifixion "on earth", according to the Apostle Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) The Apostle Paul never authorized pagan worship rituals "on earth" in the name of Christ.

There is no Glorious Resurrection of Christ on earth, without the Cross of Christ on earth being represented on the correct historical day of the week. (i.e. Kade Rystalmane is correct - the historical day of Jesus Christ's most holy passion "on earth" - the fifth day of the week - Nisan 14 - Reference: Key of David illustrations - google signature line)

How soon one forgets, that Christian saints "on earth" worshiped God "on earth" "according to the Scriptures". (Nisan 14 - Christ our Passover - Spirit of the law only, always!)

True worshipers "on earth" place 100% of their faith that Christ said "after two days" in (Matthew 26:2 NKJV), and true worshipers "on earth" place 100% of their faith that Christ meant "after two days" in (Matthew 26:2 NKJV). (i.e. Christ's witness "is" true "on earth" as in heaven)

True worshipers "on earth" place 100% of their faith that Christ said "after three days" in (Mark 8:31 NKJV), and true worshipers "on earth" place 100% of their faith that Christ meant "after three days" in (Mark 8:31 NKJV). (i.e. Christ's witness "is" true "on earth" as in heaven)

Do not hold onto Good Friday in Christian worship practice, because it is not good! (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

There is no Pascha "on earth", with Good and Holy Friday representing the day of Christ's crucifixion "on earth", "according to the Scriptures". (i.e. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 - "quenches" the Spirit "on earth" -"despises" prophecies "on earth" - 100% deception "on earth" - Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's huge lie "on earth" - day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth" - not a "truer" order "according to the doctrine of Caesar "on earth" - Reference: Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's (decree - order - epistle) to the Church's (West/East) bishops shortly after the Council of Nicaea A.D. 325)

There is no Pascha "on earth", with Good and Holy Friday representing the day of Christ's crucifixion "on earth", according to the "doctrine of Christ". (i.e. Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31) (2 John 9) Jesus, the Messiah (Matthew 16:16), never authorized "oral traditions" of men "on earth" that "nullify" the word of God "on earth" (Matthew 15:7-9); (John 4:22-24).

There is no Pascha "on earth", with Good and Holy Friday representing the day of Christ's crucifixion "on earth", according to the Gospel of John. (i.e. John 4:22-24) The Apostle John never authorized pagan worship rituals "on earth" in the name of Christ.

There is no Pascha "on earth", with Good and Holy Friday representing the day of Christ's crucifixion "on earth", according to the Apostle Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) The Apostle Paul never authorized pagan worship rituals "on earth" in the name of Christ.

There is no Glorious Resurrection of Christ on earth, without the Cross of Christ on earth being represented on the correct historical day of the week. (i.e. Kade Rystalmane is correct - the historical day of Jesus Christ's most holy passion "on earth" - the fifth day of the week - Nisan 14 - Reference: Key of David illustrations - google signature line)

How soon one forgets, that Christian saints "on earth" worshiped God "on earth" "according to the Scriptures". (Nisan 14 - Christ our Passover - Spirit of the law only, always!)

True worshipers "on earth" place 100% of their faith that Christ said "after two days" in (Matthew 26:2 NKJV), and true worshipers "on earth" place 100% of their faith that Christ meant "after two days" in (Matthew 26:2 NKJV). (i.e. Christ's witness "is" true "on earth" as in heaven)

True worshipers "on earth" place 100% of their faith that Christ said "after three days" in (Mark 8:31 NKJV), and true worshipers "on earth" place 100% of their faith that Christ meant "after three days" in (Mark 8:31 NKJV). (i.e. Christ's witness "is" true "on earth" as in heaven)

Do not hold onto Good Friday in Christian worship practice, because it is not good! (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Clarification: "after two days" in (Matthew 26:2 NKJV); "after three days" in (Mark 8:31 NKJV)

(12) (13) (14) - (Matthew 26:2) "after two days" - (Matthew 4:4; Luke 4:4)

(14) (15) (16) (17) - (Mark 8:31) "after three days" - (Matthew 4:4; Luke 4:4)

There is only one combination that works "according to the Scriptures"! (5th day of the week - 14th day of the month) The "doctrine of Christ" is always correct. (2 John 9) (Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31) (John 4:22-24)

(3rd day of the week) (4th day of the week) (5th day of the week) - (Matthew 26:2)

(5th day of the week) (6th day of the week) (7th day of the week) (1st day of the week) - (Mark 8:31)

All other interpretations "nullify" the word of God, "quench" the Spirit, and "despise" all of Christ's fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophecies on earth. (i.e. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)

It's always better to receive proper Biblical exegesis from the Hebrew/Greek scholars who love the Lord God on earth with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their mind, and with all their strength. (Deuteronomy 4:39; Ephesians 4:4-6)

Truth matters. Abide in the "doctrine of Christ"! ( 2 John 9) (i.e. "on earth" as in heaven)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Last edited:
main-qimg-80ee739416bb84e6d482932daf5aa564.webp

A Study of the Crucifix Icon​

The cross worn by priests depicts the crucified Christ, whether in painted form as an icon, or in relief. On the Orthodox crucifix the body of Christ is not in full three-dimensional form, but in no more than three-quarter relief. It also bears the inscription INBI (the title that Pontius Pilate placed above the head of Jesus at the crucifixion) and the letters IC XC NIKA (meaning Jesus Christ Conquers) around the four arms of the cross. Orthodox pectoral crosses are almost always on chains of either silver or gold, sometimes with intricately worked links. Priest's crosses will often have an icon of Christ "Made Without Hands" at the top. This is the icon before which Orthodox Christians usually confess their sins. In Russian practice, the back of a priest's cross is usually inscribed with St. Paul's words to St. Timothy: "Be an example to the believers in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity" (1 Tim. 4:12).

Clarification - (i.e. “visually” displayed in the Key of David illustrations)

(Key of David illustrations - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-vRZXXbDELqfrMOM1aGgVH9icPmPgpIx/view)

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Back