Why do preterist churches exist?

Mellontes

If all prophecies have been fulfilled circa 70AD with the destruction of Jerusalem and temple, then why are there preterist churches?

You tell me as I’m not a hyper preterist like you. Tell me, what’s your end game in all this?
Your insolence is not appreciated. Nor is it deserved. I defend EVERYTHING I SAY with SCRIPTURE. You do not and I can prove it.

Go ahead. List one single verse of Scripture that clearly says the letters were written to ANY OTHER CHURCH age other than the 1st century churches.

I am actually amazed at having to ask that request. It should be patently OBVIOUS to everyone on this forum that the letters were not written to us.
All the letters were written in the 1st century. 1st century Jewish authors wrote to 1st century Jewish saints in their 1st century Jewish churches. We even get to learn a few of their names who were in these 1st century churches. They certainly weren't individuals from the church I attended (obviously)

FACT

I have dozens of Scriptures that clearly say they were written to 1st century individuals or 1st century churches. And you know exactly what these verses are, don't you. These verses (plural) are usually found at the beginning of the letters, right?

You are only a partial preterist. You need to accept John's DIVINELY INSPIRED TIME SECTIONS for the book of Revelation. EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION occurs WITHIN THE TIME PARAMETERS STATED. You disagree with John. I do not.

Your insolence is not appreciated. Nor is it deserved. I defend EVERYTHING I SAY with SCRIPTURE. You do not and I can prove it.

Go ahead. List one single verse of Scripture that clearly says the letters were written to ANY OTHER CHURCH age other than the 1st century churches.

I am actually amazed at having to ask that request. It should be patently OBVIOUS to everyone on this forum that the letters were not written to us.
All the letters were written in the 1st century. 1st century Jewish authors wrote to 1st century Jewish saints in their 1st century Jewish churches. We even get to learn a few of their names who were in these 1st century churches. They certainly weren't individuals from the church I attended (obviously)

FACT

I have dozens of Scriptures that clearly say they were written to 1st century individuals or 1st century churches. And you know exactly what these verses are, don't you. These verses (plural) are usually found at the beginning of the letters, right?

You are only a partial preterist. You need to accept John's DIVINELY INSPIRED TIME SECTIONS for the book of Revelation. EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION occurs WITHIN THE TIME PARAMETERS STATED. You disagree with John. I do not.
There is no insolence in my post. I agree with you that the Bible was not written to us. The immediate context of every book is to believers alive at the time it was written. But that does not mean we toss the baby out with the bath water and say it has no meaning for us today. It was not written to us, but it was written for us.

FACT

Again, what’s your end game in all this? What’s you modus operandi?

Here’s why we need scripture in our lives:

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
— 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Back