Why do SDA’s reject the words of the Bible?

They specifically reject the following texts.

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.8.13&version=ESV

Therefore not even the first covenant was inaugurated without blood. For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, “This is the blood of the covenant that God commanded for you.”https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.9.18,Heb.9.19,Heb.9.20&version=ESV

then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.10.9&version=ESV

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.8.13&version=ESV

Therefore not even the first covenant was inaugurated without blood. For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, “This is the blood of the covenant that God commanded for you.”https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.9.18,Heb.9.19,Heb.9.20&version=ESV

then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.10.9&version=ESV

Why do SDA's reject the words of the Bible? (i.e. specifically Holy Scripture listed above) Answer: Perhaps SDA's are "visual" learners in this matter. There are three main types of learning styles: 1) Visual 2) Auditory 3) Kinesthetic

Holy Spirit "inspired" Holy Scripture should never be rejected. Every word of God is true! (i.e. Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21)

Hebrews 9:15-17 New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.

15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.

This is "visually" displayed in the Key of David illustrations. (i.e. slide 12 of 12)

"... This Memorial Day observance during Holy Week ended, at the time that it normally would have first begun. On this Memorial Day the second covenant was established, and the first taken away."

(Key of David illustrations - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-vRZXXbDELqfrMOM1aGgVH9icPmPgpIx/view)

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

Icyspark

Persons who pretend to be SDA and Christian would do well to first understand what a covenant is before attempting to castigate those with whom they are pretending to be associated.

A covenant is an agreement. A covenant/agreement is not to be conflated--which is what you are apparently doing--with the thing agreed to. In the above case the people and God covenanted that the perfect law God gave should be obeyed. The people failed in their agreement/covenant to keep God's law. That is why in the discussion of the need for a new covenant/agreement Hebrews records that "God found fault WITH THE PEOPLE," as opposed to finding fault with His perfect law, which again is apparently what you are doing. But why did God find fault with the people? "Because they did not remain faithful to [God's] covenant." So no. The law wasn't what ended. It was the failed agreement that ended.

This is super easy for anyone who doesn't have a predetermined belief that the law is somehow bad and that the God of the Bible is likewise also implicated in their darkened imagination. If the law is bad then the giver of the law is obviously tainted by association. It's an ipso facto.

I find it so disturbing that people who claim to be Christians portray the God of the Bible as being errant and untrustworthy. They portray Him as failing to foresee the inevitable problems of his unfortunate and unkeepable law that he needs to come along later and undo the fiasco he created. This is not the infinite, all-knowing God of the Bible. This is the finite and fallible god of their own imagination.

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

Just shining a light on your expressed darkness.

Persons who pretend to be SDA and Christian would do well to first understand what a covenant is before attempting to castigate those with whom they are pretending to be associated.

A covenant is an agreement. A covenant/agreement is not to be conflated--which is what you are apparently doing--with the thing agreed to. In the above case the people and God covenanted that the perfect law God gave should be obeyed. The people failed in their agreement/covenant to keep God's law. That is why in the discussion of the need for a new covenant/agreement Hebrews records that "God found fault WITH THE PEOPLE," as opposed to finding fault with His perfect law, which again is apparently what you are doing. But why did God find fault with the people? "Because they did not remain faithful to [God's] covenant." So no. The law wasn't what ended. It was the failed agreement that ended.

This is super easy for anyone who doesn't have a predetermined belief that the law is somehow bad and that the God of the Bible is likewise also implicated in their darkened imagination. If the law is bad then the giver of the law is obviously tainted by association. It's an ipso facto.

I find it so disturbing that people who claim to be Christians portray the God of the Bible as being errant and untrustworthy. They portray Him as failing to foresee the inevitable problems of his unfortunate and unkeepable law that he needs to come along later and undo the fiasco he created. This is not the infinite, all-knowing God of the Bible. This is the finite and fallible god of their own imagination.

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

Just shining a light on your expressed darkness.

Do you believe that the Key of David illustrations portray the God of the Bible as being errant and untrustworthy?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Icyspark

Do you believe that the Key of David illustrations portray the God of the Bible as being errant and untrustworthy?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Hi davbeh2010,

I am unfamiliar with what that is. Please do tell :D

Hi davbeh2010,

I am unfamiliar with what that is. Please do tell :D

The Key of David illustrates the 100% Holy Spirit "inspired" chronology of the passion, death, burial, and glorious Resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, "on earth", "according to the Scriptures".

(Key of David illustrations - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-vRZXXbDELqfrMOM1aGgVH9icPmPgpIx/view)

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Icyspark

The Key of David illustrates the 100% Holy Spirit "inspired" chronology of the passion, death, burial, and glorious Resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, "on earth", "according to the Scriptures".

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Hi davbeh2010,

I'm not sure what this has to do with the discussion at hand, but no, I don't believe the God of the Bible is errant and untrustworthy. Why would you think I would believe that?

I opened your link and briefly looked at the numerous charts provided. Why is it called The Key of David and why should this be important to me?

God bless!

Hi davbeh2010,

I'm not sure what this has to do with the discussion at hand, but no, I don't believe the God of the Bible is errant and untrustworthy. Why would you think I would believe that?

I opened your link and briefly looked at the numerous charts provided. Why is it called The Key of David and why should this be important to me?

God bless!

You answered a question I did not ask. This is the question that I asked:

Discussion at hand: Christian SDA's post said - "He does away with the first in order to establish the second."

davbeh2010's post said - "This is "visually" displayed in the Key of David illustrations. (i.e. slide 12 of 12)"

"... This Memorial Day observance during Holy Week ended, at the time that it normally would have first begun. On this Memorial Day the second covenant was established, and the first taken away ."

I'm not sure what your reply to Christian SDA's original post has to do with the discussion at hand. (i.e. "He does away with the first in order to establish the second.")

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Icyspark

You answered a question I did not ask. This is the question that I asked:

Discussion at hand: Christian SDA's post said - "He does away with the first in order to establish the second."

davbeh2010's post said - "This is "visually" displayed in the Key of David illustrations. (i.e. slide 12 of 12)"

"... This Memorial Day observance during Holy Week ended, at the time that it normally would have first begun. On this Memorial Day the second covenant was established, and the first taken away ."

I'm not sure what your reply to Christian SDA's original post has to do with the discussion at hand. (i.e. "He does away with the first in order to establish the second.")

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Hi davbeh2010,

What makes you think that "the key of David" would be familiar to me or anyone else on this forum? What makes you think that "the key of David" has any relevance to the discussion regarding what a covenant is?

Formersda

Why do SDA's reject the words of the Bible? (i.e. specifically Holy Scripture listed above) Answer: Perhaps SDA's are "visual" learners in this matter. There are three main types of learning styles: 1) Visual 2) Auditory 3) Kinesthetic

Holy Spirit "inspired" Holy Scripture should never be rejected. Every word of God is true! (i.e. Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21)

Hebrews 9:15-17 New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.

15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.

This is "visually" displayed in the Key of David illustrations. (i.e. slide 12 of 12)

"... This Memorial Day observance during Holy Week ended, at the time that it normally would have first begun. On this Memorial Day the second covenant was established, and the first taken away."

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Never ever heard of key of David at all, where have you gotten it from because that’s not Adventism at all

Never ever heard of key of David at all, where have you gotten it from because that’s not Adventism at all

James 1:16-18 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!