Why do you guys worship Jesus as a god.

Wrong again, Stephen.

The "Lord" is Jesus.
the name of the Lord in Acts 2:21 that Peter preaches to his audience corresponds to the name of Jesus Christ in Acts 2:38. Notice also the use of the name by Peter in reference to Jesus afterwards (Acts 3:6, 16; 4:30; cf. Acts 5:28, 41). In fact, the same Greek words for "name" (onoma) and "saved" (sōzō) that are used in association with the "Lord" in Acts 2:21 are spoken again by Peter in reference to the same "Lord" (Jesus) in Acts 4:12.
-> There is no other name...by which we must be saved.

good grief, didn't you even read it.

Acts 1:
1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach 2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3 After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

And after they receive the promise (i.e. being baptized by the holy spirit), Peter explains

Acts 2
. . . this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
“‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

I suppose if you are really committed to the idea that Jesus is his own father, you have to deny how Peter and Jesus understood Joel 2, but I submit that they are authoritative and you should interpret the bible in light of their understanding.

I suppose if you are really committed to the idea that Jesus is his own father,

Your heresy has been refuted so you have to throw out a strawman.

Jesus is also responsible for dispensing the Spirit (Acts 2:33) - you left that part out. And you ignored the evidence I gave that He is the "Lord" in Acts 2:21.

Your heresy has been refuted so you have to throw out a strawman.

Jesus is also responsible for dispensing the Spirit (Acts 2:33) - you left that part out. And you ignored the evidence I gave that He is the "Lord" in Acts 2:21.
Yes a man cannot send the spirit of God, only God can send His spirit . Good point brother !

Weird isn't it.

It is like they want to assert two mutually exclusive things to be true: a) Jesus is God's son and b) Jesus is God. John's gospel was written that we may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing we may have life in his name, but noooooo, Christianity has to have this additional baggage of Jesus being his own father rather than the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.
Ironic isn't it? They believe that Jesus as God went to his mother Mary and impregnated her and gave birth to him LOL.

Amen because a Jew was only allowed to worship and pray to the True God of Israel.
Yes and exactly why Jesus stepped away from these that he once taught their laws for their god and actually received from the God of heacven, Love, who opened up who He is and all of His heaven in Jesus in Matt 3:16.

John 20:31
Yes these do not believe that Jesus was son of God but has made that man a god instead.
John 20:28
Yes and I did the same thing when God came to me as He came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 and Thomas, for Jesus was very clear that God who is a Spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see me. Confirming that he was not God for God is Spirit and the One Spirit who came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 and opens up who He is in that man just as He does in us all whop are born of God, Born again as Jesus was in Matt 3:16. .
Both passages are from John's gospel.

The Messiah is Divine, hence He is God.
Yes, the One who came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 and saved him from the law for sin of the Jews doctrine for a god that he once taught them of. Ironic is the very ones he once taught their god in the temple even from a young age are the very ones who had him crucified for blaspheme.
Jesus is the Lord in Joel, Isaiah and Jeremiah
No He isn't at all, Christ is, Gods anointing, man anointed of Gods Spirit, Jesus didnt come along for a couple thousand years after these.
Joel 2:27-32
32 "And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Will be delivered;
Most dont call on Him, they call on an idol, a man as a god instead of the One Jesus receieved in Matt 3:16.
For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
There will be those who escape,
As the LORD has said,
Even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.
He calls all but few who receive Him as Jesus did did in Matt 3:16, As Adam did in. Gen 3:22 when he became like Him as well,, and Abraham received Him, Moses received Him, 120 received Him and so did I and all who has received the same from Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16. Jesus described this new mind as born again, born of God.
Paul quotes Joel below and says it is Jesus who is the Lord(YHWH) whom all will call upon
That is why I follow Jesus in his ways in the Father instead of Paul in his own belief system.
Romans 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of C all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."
Who soever will obey and receieve from God His salvation as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 will be saved by God Himself for He will come to you and be sin you and you in Him as one. See Jesus prayer to his God in John 17 for you to be.
Isaiah 45:21-24
Is it not I, the LORD?
And there is no other God besides Me,
SO true. yet these religious minds has made their god a man, some even have three gods and call them a trinity LOL.
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me.
Thats is exampled in Matt 3:16 how God saves man.
22 " Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24 "They will say of Me, 'Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.'
Amen, and it is very clear that when you see Him as He is as Jesus saw Him as He is in Matt 3:16 where He manifested Himself in Jesus and us all who has receieved from Him the same -- ye shall be like Him as well, 1 John 3.
Now Paul quotes Isaiah about YHWH and declares it is Jesus(YHWH) whom all will bow before,
That is because he never met the God that Jesus did in Matt 3:16.
Philippians 2:9-11
For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
But we who has received from God that what Jesus did in Matt 3:16 pray with and worship our Father who is God just as Jesus did.

See Jesus prayer to his God for you to be like Him as well in John 17. .
Isaiah 6:1-5
In the year of King, Uzziah's death, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called out to another and said,
"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts,,
The whole earth is full of His glory."
4 And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. 5 Then I said,
5"Woe is me, for I am ruined!,
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips;,
For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts."

Below John says Isaiah saw His ( Jesus the Son's ) glory. This was the only time the prophet Isaiah saw the Lord ( YHWH )

John 12:41

These things Isaiah said, because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him
SO do we all who God is manifest Himself in us as He did in Jesus and these others who God came to by the Spirit that He is. For God is a Spirit not a man LOL.
Jeremiah 17:10 the Lord says
"I the LORD search the heart, I test the mind. Even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings"
Amen, and Jesus receieved the mind of God in Matt 3:16 where God opens Himself in Jesus just as He does in us all who God has manifested Himself in us.
In Revelation 2:23 Jesus says
"I am He who searches the minds and hearts and I will give to each one of you according to your works"
Yes, Jesus referred to this new mind as born again. See Matt 3:16 this is how God does it in man.
So if Jesus is not God ( YHWH ) why would he claim to do something in Revelation that Yahweh claimed in Jeremiah?
Jesus claim is he was son of God and God was his Father, the One he obeyed and prayed to and said sent him to show you the ways of the Father. Not many follow Jesus to Him though do they? .
So is it Yahweh or Jesus who searches hearts and minds?
Actually it is God who searches the minds of people. it isn't to hard to see who is in the father and like Him as Jesus was in and like Him. We walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following us who followed Jesus.
The only name that can possibly be above all names is the name of YHWH. This means that Jesus shares the personal name and authority of YHWH, making Him God Himself as no one can be equal to God except God alone.
Everyone who has received from God are exactly like Him. If you are different from Him as Jesus and Abraham and Moses and 120 were like Him then you have a different god aside from the One who does give you His same mind, or Spirit is is called, as He did in Jesus for Jesus didnt know God nor His heaven until God came to Him by His Spirit and opens it all up to him. You can read that in Matt 3:16 how that came about.
hope this helps!!!!
Hepls me understand that you worship a different god from the One Jesus worshiped and obeyed and prayed to.

That's what heretics say who don't like the one verse. There are plenty of others, but you would reject those as well.

Those who are able to see also refer to Jesus as "my God."
We who has from God that what Jesus had from Him in Matt 3:16 call Jesus my brother for we have the same Father who is God. We are Gods children, His sons and daughters.

Stephen was correct in doing so.
Was Jim Jones and David Koresh who prayed to Jesus was correct in doing?

How about Jesus praying to his God in John 17. Explain that one to me. Who did Jesus pray to who asked his God to forgive them they no not what they do. Who do you say it was Jesus prayed to? Himself? ?

We who has from God that what Jesus had from Him in Matt 3:16 call Jesus my brother for we have the same Father who is God. We are Gods children, His sons and daughters.

"My God" is properly used in John 20:28 in reference to Jesus.

Great, because when "my God" is used by believers in the Bible it always refers to the Almighty.
Amen mine as well and so did Jesus refer to his God as Father and almighty. And no one comes to his Father but by the same way as Jesus received from Him to have His ways as your own, and have His truths by having His same mind, or Spirit the mind is called, and live the same life as Jesus did and said no one come to the Father but by having the same who was in me. .

"My God" is properly used in John 20:28 in reference to Jesus.
My God is properly used in John 20:28 is a Spirit just as Jesus said that Spirit doesnt have flesh and bone as you see me .

You just dont believe Jesus when he said the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation (as you see me) but is within you. Luke 17:21. Very few follows the ways of Jesus, instead has made their own religion for their gods and laws to govern their gods that he may obey them in a belief for a god.

The only way you will know the God of heaven is the same way Jesus came to know Him in Matt 3:16. .

Stephen prayed to the biblical Jesus, the others didn't.
Oh so they didnt use the name of Jesus from the book? Then how did they know if it wasn't from the book?
In fact, all who are Christians pray to Jesus.
Oh NO not at all. A Christian is Christlike, We are anointed of God just as Jesus was Who is Christ in us. Jesus was anointed of God as well, that is what Christ means, Gods anointed and either you are anointed of God or you are not and evidently you refuse the Christ to be Gods anointed yourself.
You are welcome.

Yes, Jesus is the Almighty.
Being the Almighty, He is the proper recipient of prayer.
Only because you never has met the All Mighty as Jesus did in M att 3:16. you have made an alternate go because you refuse to receive from the same God that Jesus received from and said sent him to lead you to the All Mighty.

You dont believe Jesus at all the he said God sent him, and that he never spoke of himself but only of the God who sent him, and that he could do noting at all without his Father God who did send him to lead you to Him that you absolutely refuse Jesus to do so. Which is totally antichrist when you refuse the ways of Jesus in the Father.

Back