Why Does Anyone Believe Foolishness?

brightfame52

Paul stated they were carnal

1 Cor. 3:3 —KJV
“For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?”

Do you imagine carnal is a synonym for pneumatikos which refers to a mature christian controlled by the spirit

Deal with the verses you keep ignoring

You need to deal with the scriptures and

The fact that you cannot be regenerate apart from faith in the gospel

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1Pet. 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pet. 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1Pet. 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
1Pet. 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
1Pet. 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pet. 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1Cor. 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Regeneration is through the gospel and based on faith

As the gospel not mixed with faith does not profit

Heb. 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Finally regeneration is new life, a spiritual resurrection and a purified heart. The onset of salvation

Scripture show all these things transpire through faith/repentance

Ezekiel 18:30-32

“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!”

The order clearly laid out is as follows:

“Repent, Turn away…Rid yourselves…”
“…get a new heart and a new spirit.”
Verse 32 makes it even more simple:

“Repent and…”
“…live!”
Life comes from repentance, not the other way around.

Acts 11:18

When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.”

“Repentance unto…”
“…life”
The Gentiles were not granted life unto repentance, but just the opposite according to the text. And the gospel is the means God grants mankind the ability to believe. He sent the gospel first to the Jews and then the Gentiles which enabled their faith response (Rom. 1:16, 10:14-17).

John 5:40

“yet you refuse to COME TO ME TO HAVE LIFE.”

“Come to me…” (through faith)
“…to have life.”

John 6:53

“I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.”

“Unless you eat…drink” (by faith)
“…you have not life in you.”

John 20:31

“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

“these are written…” (scriptures)
“…that you may believe…”
“…by believing you may have life…”
Life clearly is a fruit of faith and repentance, not the other way around.

Acts 15:9

“He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.”

“He purified their hearts…”
“…by faith.”
It does not say He purified their hearts by regeneration so as to make them have faith. Clearly a purified heart is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

Galatians 3:26

“You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus…”

“You are all sons of God…”
“…through faith in Christ…”
Obviously, becoming a son (born of God) is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

Ephesians 1:13

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit…”

“when you heard the message of truth…when you believed
“you were included in Christ…you were marked in him…”

1 Timothy 1:16

“But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”

“…those who would believe in him…”
“…may receive eternal life.”

Colossians 2:12

“…having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

“…baptism, in which you were also raised…”
“…through your faith…”

James 1:18

“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”

“…give us brith…”
“…through the word of truth…”

so show how you regenerate and get the spirit into men who cannot understand or believe the gospel when faith in the gospel is required for the accomplishment of both
A believer is carnal and spiritual. He believes the Gospel as Spiritual. BTW Paul himself as a spiritual man said he himself is carnal Rom 7 14

For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.

T

TomFL

A believer is carnal and spiritual. He believes the Gospel as Spiritual. BTW Paul himself as a spiritual man said he himself is carnal Rom 7 14

For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Spiritual refers to being controlled by the spirit

Carnal refers to being controlled by the flesh

You imagine they are the same ?

T

TomFL

This describes many on this forum but it does not prove they are not Pneumatikos!

No!

And you assume the Pneumatikos person acts this way 24/7 until death?

That means you must assume many people on this very forum are not
Pneumatikos simply because they are not “mature christian controlled by the spirit” in every post 100% of the time!

Simply nonsense!
I assume nothing

You need to deal with all the scripture you have been ignoring for quite some time now

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1Pet. 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pet. 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1Pet. 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
1Pet. 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
1Pet. 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pet. 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1Cor. 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Heb. 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Finally regeneration is new life, a spiritual resurrection and a purified heart. The onset of salvation

“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!”

“Repent and…”
“…live!”

When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.”

“Repentance unto…”
“…life”
The Gentiles were not granted life unto repentance, but just the opposite according to the text. And the gospel is the means God grants mankind the ability to believe. He sent the gospel first to the Jews and then the Gentiles which enabled their faith response (Rom. 1:16, 10:14-17).

“…to have life.”

“I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.”

“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

“…that you may believe…”

“He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.”

“…by faith.”
It does not say He purified their hearts by regeneration so as to make them have faith. Clearly a purified heart is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

Obviously, becoming a son (born of God) is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit…”

“But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”

“…having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

“…through your faith…”

“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”

“…give us brith…”

so show how you regenerate and get the spirit into men who cannot understand or believe the gospel when faith in the gospel is required for the accomplishment of both

brightfame52

Spiritual refers to being controlled by the spirit

Carnal refers to being controlled by the flesh

You imagine they are the same ?
Believers can be carnal and are carnal but they are Spiritual at the same time because the Spirit dwells in them. Because of that he is not a natural man as 1 Cor 2 14 refers to. The natural man is not born again and the Spirit doesn't dwell in him. He is 100% carnal and in the flesh.

T

TomFL

Believers can be carnal and are carnal but they are Spiritual at the same time because the Spirit dwells in them. Because of that he is not a natural man as 1 Cor 2 14 refers to. The natural man is not born again and the Spirit doesn't dwell in him. He is 100% carnal and in the flesh.
You are stuck with the fact one cannot receive the spirit or be regenerated without faith
caught up in your own catch 22i

Sketo

I assume nothing

You need to deal with all the scripture you have been ignoring for quite some time now

“Repent and…”
“…live!”

“Repentance unto…”
“…life”

“…to have life.”

“…that you may believe…”

“…by faith.”

“…through your faith…”

“…give us brith…”

And you have turned each verse into a work of man!
Click here.

T

TomFL

Already dealt with that issue. However a believer is both Spiritual and Carnal 1 Cor proves that.
Never dealt with\
That is a fabrication

You are stuck with the fact one cannot receive the spirit or be regenerated without faith
caught up in your own catch 22

T

TomFL

And you have turned each verse into a work of man!
Click here.
You deal with nothing

and the scriptures refute you

You need to deal with

The fact scripture shows the gospel is understandable

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

This clearly presupposes the gospel may be understood

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

presupposes Holy scriptures may be understood

1 Peter 1:21–25 (KJV 1900)

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Man is regenerated through faith in the Gospel

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV 1900)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

It shall not return unto me void,

But it shall accomplish that which I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God’s word prospers in whatever it is set out to do

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Self explanitory

Romans 1:16 (KJV 1900)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word of God brings faith. It must be understood to do so

“Repent and…”
“…live!”

“Repentance unto…”
“…life”

“…to have life.”

“…that you may believe…”

“…by faith.”

“…through your faith…”

“…give us brith…”

about two dozen verses of which you deal with nothing not a single one

brightfame52

Never dealt with\
That is a fabrication

caught up in your own catch 22
Yes dealt with. 1 Cor 2 14 says the natural man cannot understand the things of the Spirit of God.

T

TomFL

There's nothing contrary to the scriptures 1 Cor 2 14 is clear that the natural man cannot understand the the Gospel. He is not spiritually qualified.
How do you explain the fact you cannot be born again or receive the spirit without faith

brightfame52

Toms quote

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

That was personally to Timothy. If Paul said that to him he knew Timothy was spiritually alive, born again from a child. That doesn't apply to everyone sorry!

brightfame52

How do you explain the fact you cannot be born again or receive the spirit without faith
I don't need to explain that. I have explained that Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22. I have explained that believing is a result of having been born again 1 Jn 5 1

Theo1689

I don't need to explain that. I have explained that Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22. I have explained that believing is a result of having been born again 1 Jn 5 1

I don't know why it's so difficult to understand, other than being held under a "stronghold" of "free will":

Regeneration leads to "practicing righteousness:

1John 2:29 ... everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

Regeneration leads to ceasing from "keeping on sinning":

1John 3:9 ... and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Regeneration leads to loving:

1John 4:7 ... and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

Regeneration leads to believing that Jesus is the Christ:

1John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, ...

Regeneration leads to overcoming the world:

1John 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world.

1John 5:18 ... everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, ...

T

TomFL

I don't know why it's so difficult to understand, other than being held under a "stronghold" of "free will":

Regeneration leads to "practicing righteousness:

1John 2:29 ... everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

1John 3:9 ... and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Regeneration leads to loving:

1John 4:7 ... and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

Regeneration leads to believing that Jesus is the Christ:

1John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, ...

Regeneration leads to overcoming the world:

1John 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world.

1John 5:18 ... everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, ...
Which proves John is noting how one can determine if one is born again or extolling the marks of one born again and not telling anyone how to get faith

of which Paul informs

Rom. 10:17 —KJV
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

It comes from hearing the word of God

and John notes is necessary for new life (regeneration)

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

brightfame52

Which proves John is noting how one can determine if one is born again or extolling the marks of one born again and not telling anyone how to get faith

of which Paul informs

Rom. 10:17 —KJV
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

It comes from hearing the word of God

and John notes is necessary for new life (regeneration)

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
Where does hearing come from? Jesus Christ said what in Jn 8 47?