Why Does Anyone Believe Foolishness?

Sketo

except scripture shows you have it backwards

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

John 5:24 —KJV
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John 5:40 —KJV
“And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”
Are you saying "belief" is not the evidence of something?

Why "belief" instead of "unbelief"?

What made the difference?

TomFL

Are you saying "belief" is not the evidence of something?

Why "belief" instead of "unbelief"?

What made the difference?
I am saying that one must have faith to receive spiritual life as those verses show

“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

“And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”

and regeneration is making alive

TomFL

Again Faith is a grace of the Spirit. Without the Spirit no faith !
Wrong you need faith to receive the spirit

John 7:38–39 —KJV
“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Gal. 3:2 —KJV
“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

Gal. 3:5 —KJV
“He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

Gal. 3:14 —KJV
“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

brightfame52

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

“He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
You need to be born of the Spirit to believe, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit.

TomFL

You need to be born of the Spirit to believe, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit.
Still you ignore scripture

Sketo

You can't have faith without being regenerate(pneumatikos), for Faith is a grace of the Spirit.
This is for your benefit and convenience! I hope this helps!

I am saying that one must have faith to receive spiritual life as those verses show
Let us examine your claim! “one must have faith to receive spiritual

First let’s specify what “spiritual” we are looking for???

We are specifically looking for “regeneration”!

More specifically pneumatikos!

G4152 (Strong)
πνευματικός
pneumatikos
phyoo-mat-ik-os'

From G4151; non-carnal, that is, (humanly) ethereal (as opposed to gross), or (daemoniacally) a spirit (concretely), or (divinely) supernatural, regenerate, religious: - spiritual. Compare G5591.

Your claim is faith precedes regeneration!

More specifically your claim is faith precedes pneumatikos (i.e. regeneration)

Now let us examine your claim of “as those verses showfaith precedes pneumatikos...
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life (zōē) through his name.”
Where is pneumatikos??? Not found here! Failed!

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting(aiōnios) life(zōē), and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

“And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life (zōē).”

and regeneration is making alive
Where is pneumatikos??? It’s notas those verses show”!

Failed!

TomFL

This is for your benefit and convenience! I hope this helps!

Let us examine your claim! “one must have faith to receive spiritual

First let’s specify what “spiritual” we are looking for???

We are specifically looking for “regeneration”!

More specifically pneumatikos!

G4152 (Strong)
πνευματικός
pneumatikos
phyoo-mat-ik-os'

From G4151; non-carnal, that is, (humanly) ethereal (as opposed to gross), or (daemoniacally) a spirit (concretely), or (divinely) supernatural, regenerate, religious: - spiritual. Compare G5591.

Your claim is faith precedes regeneration!

More specifically your claim is faith precedes pneumatikos (i.e. regeneration)

Now let us examine your claim of “as those verses showfaith precedes pneumatikos...

Duh you just ignored the fact regeneration is new life

again you ignored regeneration is new life

Still ignoring the definition of rgeneration
Where is pneumatikos??? It’s notas those verses show”!

Failed!

once again you ignore what regeneration is

Succinctly stated, to regenerate means “to impart life.” Regeneration is the act whereby God imparts life to the one who believes. Moody handbook of theology

For human beings, regeneration is the answer to the corruption of moral character caused by sin. It is essential for participation in the kingdom of God (John 3:3). At conversion, God grants the believer new life and a new identity in Christ. Regeneration Lexham Survey Theology

escriptions of ♦ new heart: De 30:6; Je 24:7; 31:33; Eze 11:19–20; 36:26–27 ♦ new birth: Jn 1:13; 3:3–8; Jam 1:18; 1 Pe 1:3, 23; 1 Jo 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1 ♦ spiritual death and resurrection: Ro 6:4–8; Ga 2:20; Eph 2:1, 5, 10; Col 2:12–13 ♦ new life: Eze 37:5, 14 ♦ new creation: 2 Co 5:17; Ga 6:15; Eph 4:22–24; Col 3:9–10; Tit 3:5: agent of—the Spirit: Eze 36:26, 27; Jn 3:5–8; Tit 3:5: instrument of—the Word: Jam 1:18; 1 Pe 1:23 NASB topical index

At the present time it is used in a far more restricted sense, to denote the divine act by which the sinner is endowed with new spiritual life, and by which the principle of that new life is first called into action.
Berkhof Manual of Christian doctrine

3824 παλιγγενεσία, παλινγενεσία [paliggenesia /pal·ing·ghen·es·ee·ah/] n f. From 3825 and 1078; TDNT 1:686; TDNTA 117; GK 4098 and 4100; Two occurrences; AV translates as “regeneration” twice. 1 new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration. 1A hence renovation, regeneration, the production of a new life consecrated to God

James Strong, Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon (Woodside Bible Fellowship, 1995).

all you did was ignore the definition of regeneration