Why Does the RCC Call Itself the 'Universal Sacrament of Salvation'?

RayneBeau

Why are Roman Catholics methodically taught by their 'church' to put their faith in their 'church' and in their own moral and religious works to attain salvation?

balshan

But... but... but... but...... the RCC's teaching on the priesthood, sin, confession, penance, indulgences, purgatory, and forgiveness is a direct contradiction of the teaching of the Bible. :unsure:
Yep controlling the masses. They have one problem these days the masses don't listen.

RayneBeau

It's JUST ONE of satan's theological LIES that Rome (which has been degenerating spiritually for centuries) has bought into and teaches its VICTIMS.
But. . ., but. . ., but. . ., but . . ., Bob, Rome teaches faith in Jesus Christ, plus faith in a church and human merit or works if they are to receive forgiveness and acceptance with God, so why can't they be the "Universal Sacrament of Salvation" as they have dubbed themselves to be? :confused:

jonathan_hili

Why are Roman Catholics methodically taught by their 'church' to put their faith in their 'church' and in their own moral and religious works to attain salvation?
Because the Church was established by Christ to build the kingdom on earth. If you can't trust the Church that recognised the canon of scripture or developed the creeds, you'll find yourself creating your own religion.

Moral and religious works don't attain salvation - Jesus' death on the cross did that.

Bob Carabbio

But. . ., but. . ., but. . ., but . . ., Bob, Rome teaches faith in Jesus Christ,
So far so good.
plus faith in a church and human merit or works if they are to receive forgiveness and acceptance with God,
Which makes Jesus OF NO EFFECT to them, and their demonic "Salvation by WORKS" theology.
so why can't they be the "Universal Sacrament of Salvation" as they have dubbed themselves to be? :confused:
People in the Roman Catholic Church DO Become Born Again Christians, but it's IN SPITE OF the Catholic Church, and its religious foolishness, not because of it.

RayneBeau

It's JUST ONE of satan's theological LIES that Rome (which has been degenerating spiritually for centuries) has bought into and teaches its VICTIMS.
So far so good.

Which makes Jesus OF NO EFFECT to them, and their demonic "Salvation by WORKS" theology.

People in the Roman Catholic Church DO Become Born Again Christians, but it's IN SPITE OF the Catholic Church, and its religious foolishness, not because of it.
AMEN! :)
Because the Church was established by Christ to build the kingdom on earth. If you can't trust the Church that recognised the canon of scripture or developed the creeds, you'll find yourself creating your own religion.

Moral and religious works don't attain salvation - Jesus' death on the cross did that.
In contrast to your beliefs regarding the Roman Catholic Church and it's claim to be the "Universal Sacrament of Salvation" the inerrant Holy Bible teaches faith in the person and finished work of Jesus Christ ALONE.

jonathan_hili

In contrast to your beliefs regarding the Roman Catholic Church and it's claim to be the "Universal Sacrament of Salvation" the inerrant Holy Bible teaches faith in the person and finished work of Jesus Christ ALONE.
Jesus said that if God was our Father then we would love him (Jesus), and also that if we love Jesus, the Father will love us. And how do we love him? He said: by keeping his commandments. This is the way to salvation. Or, as Paul puts it in Galatians: faith working through love. That is what the Catholic Church teaches and has always taught.

PeanutGallery

Jesus said that if God was our Father then we would love him (Jesus), and also that if we love Jesus, the Father will love us. And how do we love him? He said: by keeping his commandments. This is the way to salvation. Or, as Paul puts it in Galatians: faith working through love. That is what the Catholic Church teaches and has always taught.
What other commandments has RCC in mind?
Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
1John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

mica

So far so good.

yes they do. I did, my sister, mom and good friend did, some school mates have also. That's what the RCC DOES NOT want to happen, so center on it, not on Christ. All focus is on the RCC and its made up beliefs!

mica

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
1John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
Where's the commandment to believe in and follow the RCC? the commandment to believe in and follow the words of men instead of those of God? especially those contrary to His word? to submit to a man who claims to be Christ on earth?

nan

Do you keep His commandments, jonathan?

Where does God tell you that you'll be saved by keeping His commandments?

Nondenom40

Because the Church was established by Christ to build the kingdom on earth.

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting, that I might not be delivered up to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm." NASB

Should we trust you or Jesus?

If you can't trust the Church that recognised the canon of scripture or developed the creeds, you'll find yourself creating your own religion.
We don't trust your church because it is NOT the church born at pentecost. And your church wasn't around when the n.t. was written or preserved. Most of the n.t. was already considered canonical before the end of the first century. So, we don't need your church for anything.

Keeping your sacraments isn't a moral or religious work?

1129 The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation...

CANON XXXI.-If any one saith, that the justified sins when he performs good works with a view to an eternal recompense; let him be anathema.

Also purgatory and penance are you atoning for your sins. So you save yourself. Pius talk by catholics is often contradicted by their own 'official' teachings.

mica

Jesus said that if God was our Father then we would love him (Jesus), and also that if we love Jesus, the Father will love us. And how do we love him? He said: by keeping his commandments. This is the way to salvation. Or, as Paul puts it in Galatians: faith working through love.
post that verse. what happened to heart, body, soul, mind etc? Many claimed to keep those commandments (the RYR did) yet didn't do what He asked of them.

are you still trying to keep the 10 commandments? all of the Jewish laws? what commandment says one must go to a Mass on a Sunday? confess sins to a priest? submit to a pope?

back to 1 Cor 15.1-2
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

keeping commandments - what does Paul teach about that? If just keeping the commandments saved someone how many people would be saved? There's a reason the RCC teaches very little of what Paul teaches. and even what it does 'teach' it would teach according to its own made up beliefs. RCC teaching isn't actual teaching of it, it is the RCC telling you what to believe about what Paul says.

That is what the Catholic Church teaches and has always taught.
no. It teaches to believe in and follow it. and 'has always taught' isn't true. In the past you had to be CATHOLIC to be saved. These days that has changed - according to your pope. The RCC does not teach God's word, it teaches its own word.

many catholics (even on here) still believe one needs to be catholic to be saved. That's why often a catholic will post to a former catholic something like 'come home'. The RCC is not 'home' to a believer. It isn't even the path to 'home' for a believer. Home to a believer is eternity with Christ (heaven). Life on earth is a journey for us, on our way to our home with Him forever. the RCC wasn't home to me - it was a pitstop on my way to Him. There are many such pitstops in this life - the RCC, LDS, JWs etc. They all center around belief in man and his desires, not in God and His desire for us to believe in Him and come to Him thru His Son Jesus Christ. Nowhere in scripture does He say to come to Him thru the RCC (or a pope or Mary).

The RCC is all about gaining members into it, not about leading anyone to Christ.

mica

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting, that I might not be delivered up to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm." NASB

Should we trust you or Jesus?

We don't trust your church because it is NOT the church born at pentecost. And your church wasn't around when the n.t. was written or preserved. Most of the n.t. was already considered canonical before the end of the first century. So, we don't need your church for anything.

Keeping your sacraments isn't a moral or religious work?

1129 The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation...

CANON XXXI.-If any one saith, that the justified sins when he performs good works with a view to an eternal recompense; let him be anathema.

Also purgatory and penance are you atoning for your sins. So you save yourself. Pius talk by catholics is often contradicted by their own 'official' teachings.
there was a recent post regarding that... telling us to stick to official RCC teachings. Catholics don't even know them. Time is better spent reading thru God's word than it is reading thru the ccc (made up rules of men).

nan

Which is exactly what Rome has done.

Please define 'church' as described in the bible. Also, could you direct me to where the bible says Jesus' church is headed by man. Thanks.

jonathan_hili

Yep, exactly. That's why continuously walking with God (in salvation) isn't only just about belief but about belief and loving works.