Why Does Virgin Mary Especially Love the Roman Catholic Souls in Purgatory?

No it is not that we think it isn't scriptural, it isn't in scripture at all. No need to think about it at all.
Says you. I have said it before and here it is again: why should I or any other Catholic care what YOU think the Scriptures teach?

We care what the Scriptures teach---I just don't understand why I should care what YOU think the Scriptures teach.

Out of context.

What you are misrepresenting me to say is "I don't care if it is scriptural."

In context, what I said was--I don't care if PROTESTANTS think it is scriptural.

You see--in the end I answer to my conscience--not some Protestant fundamentalist. And here is another thing for you to consider:

Being able to quote Scripture on command, having Scripture memorized--does not entail knowledge of Scripture.

Put THAT in your fundamentalist pipe and smoke it!
Oh you weren't misrepresent at all. We have all read your negative comments about scripture. Temper, Temper.

Says you. I have said it before and here it is again: why should I or any other Catholic care what YOU think the Scriptures teach?

We care what the Scriptures teach---I just don't understand why I should care what YOU think the Scriptures teach.
We know your low opinion of scripture. It is obvious it does not rank as high as your false catechism. You should care enough to check both what real believers say and RCC says against scripture. That is what the scriptures tell us to do. Of course to do that you need to take of the RC glasses.

The RC's Mary is quite the busy lady! Answering prayers from millions of Catholics and passing them on to her Son, cleansing the souls in Purgatory, taking the special cases to heaven with her (only on Saturdays!) and finding time to be a "perpetual help" while overseeing the angels (Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles)! ?

--Rich
Yes! and don't forget Mary's promised trip to Purgatory on Wednesdays to pick-up those suffering Roman Catholic souls who were wearing the white Marian scapular when they died - the hitch on this one is that along with wearing the white scapular at the time of death, the dead person had to have completed 5 consecutive First Friday Masses and receive Communion in order for the promise of the white Marian scapular to fullfill it's promise. I always wondered what would happen to someone if they died wearing the white Marian scapular, but had only completed 4 consecutive First Friday Masses/ Communion. :eek:

Out of context.

What you are misrepresenting me to say is "I don't care if it is scriptural."

In context, what I said was--I don't care if PROTESTANTS think it is scriptural.

You see--in the end I answer to my conscience--not some Protestant fundamentalist. And here is another thing for you to consider:

Being able to quote Scripture on command, having Scripture memorized--does not entail knowledge of Scripture.

Put THAT in your fundamentalist pipe and smoke it!
I'm sure you have many admirable traits, compared to most Roman Catholics. But how does your life measure up to God's standard of righteousness as is revealed in His Holy Word? That is the real issue, not how you compare Roman Catholicism with non-Roman Catholic Christians and their Church. I understand that you probably don't care, but have you ever offended God?

I'm sure you have many admirable traits, compared to most Roman Catholics. But how does your life measure up to God's standard of righteousness as is revealed in His Holy Word? That is the real issue, not how you compare Roman Catholicism with non-Roman Catholic Christians and their Church. I understand that you probably don't care, but have you ever offended God?
Yes, that is called "Judgement". Everyone will experience that.

I'm sure you have many admirable traits, compared to most Roman Catholics. But how does your life measure up to God's standard of righteousness as is revealed in His Holy Word?
My life does not measure up to the standards of righteousness revealed in His Holy Word. It is impossible that it ever could. In order for me to measure up I would have to have no sin. That is impossible for me.

But I do not attempt to live a life as the Bible commands because I think that doing so will earn me heaven--in the strict sense---but because I am a professed Christian. I WANT to live as my master commands, I want to please Him.
That is the real issue, not how you compare Roman Catholicism with non-Roman Catholic Christians and their Church. I understand that you probably don't care, but have you ever offended God?
You mean to ask "Have I ever sinned?" Of course. Who hasn't--aside from Mary, Jesus and John the Baptist?

Why be an RC when it lies about being the one true church?
Not a lie.
If you believe Jesus' words in Matthew 16:18, then His Church, the true Church that He established, is still present all these 2000 years and active in carrying out the Great Commission.

Not a lie.
If you believe Jesus' words in Matthew 16:18, then His Church, the true Church that He established, is still present all these 2000 years and active in carrying out the Great Commission.
It is a lie and has always been a lie. Matt 16:18 does not refer to your bad tree which is not the NT church and is much younger than the NT. If it was true the children would have been protected. The inquisitions would not have happened. Your institution would not be known for centuries of killing people and so many other bad fruits. It would NEVER hid sin if it was Jesus' church. But its fruit prove it is a bad tree.

Back